“Third stay here...more to come”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I have stayed here several times while working in the Columbus area. This is a very nice hotel. They have an evening manager's buffet and there is a restaurant on site, although I haven't eaten there. Excellent breakfast buffet in the morning. I've never had a problem at this location at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you for your very nice review. I am always so appreciative when guests take time to write about their experience with us at The Embassy Suites Dublin. I hope others will also find your review to be helpful. I would enjoy meeting you on your next visit. Thank you for being our guest.
general Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed here with the family - wife and I in the bedroom, kids on the sofa bed in the living room portion of the suite. Sofa bed was not comfy and you could hear the noise from the revelers at midnight still partying away in the atrium; somehow they finally got to sleep. Breakfast was a disappointment. Hotel advertises a cooked to order breakfast; to me that means a sit-down meal with someone taking your order. Instead, you stand in line at the omelette station, then get everything else off the buffet. Manager's Reception was decent, but could benefit from having some variety as the same hot items (meatballs and cheese dip for tortilla chips) were served both nights of our stay. Staff needs to do a better job in their treatment of upper-level HHonors members; we never received our welcome amenities and they tried to charge us for Internet access. Pool is large enough to cool off in but too small for doing laps.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank TheTravelingProf
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback . I am sorry that you were disappointed with both our breakfast and evening manager's reception. In addition my apologies for the noise issue coming from the Atrium during your stay. We try very hard to offer a quality experience for all of our guests and we too are disappointed when we fall short of our guests expectations. I will discuss this with my team so that we are able to make inporvements for future guests. I hope that you will return and try us again some time in the future. Once again, my apologies.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

With two kids I wasn't sure how the overall experience would be but we had a great time! It was especially nice that once checked in we didn't have to leave to get our need met!
We enjoyed the pool. For my tots the smaller end of the pool was just big enough to get a hour of play! The manager's reception was a treat for all of us. The kids got yummy snacks and a colored soda! (We appreciated the reception too!) The room was spacious for all 4 of us and with two TV's...well, it was nice! I think we used everything but the microwave too! The single or double service coffee pot, the fridge, shower, pull out bed and the wi-fi! THEN, we enjoyed a great omelet and other breakfast items. It's nice to not have just bagels and donuts as the on-site breakfast options!
(If my kids were a little taller they would have adored the pool table as well, but they just couldn't reach it :)

Room Tip: All Embassy rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nice 2 night stay. Nice people, well organized. Property is great. Suites are lovely. Thought breakfast for 300 would be scary- it was well done, nicely staffed, plenty of seating in the huge atrium. Would go back here anytime!

Room Tip: All nice rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your positive comments. I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience . Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Such a nice hotel, free drinks everyday from 530-730 ID required, and they have a starbucks in hotel lobby!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you for visiting The Embassy Suites Dublin. Your review is greatly appreciated. I hope that you will come and visit us again when your travel plans allow. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Nice stay. Packed. Breakfast good. Biggest complaint is that smoking section is right outside entrance! Cannot believe this not a major issue for all guests that do not smoke! Management needs to look at this.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank mbeach

Thanks so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I wanted you to be aware that we have recently re-evaluated our smoking area. We have ordered new signage etc so that it can be moved for the comfort of all of our guest. Thanks for caring.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I was presently surprised by the hotel. The rooms are nice sized suites. The interior of the hotel was open to the ground floor which was a nice view. The elevators were only on one corner of the building so if your room is at the other end it is a walk. Still not bad since the hotel is not to large.

If you are going to stay in the western part of Columus I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
austin9992, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thanks so much for the great review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. Please know that we are always happy to try to take care of any request you might have (such as being close to an elevator) . We will do our best to make you as comfortable as possible. Would look forward to having you back to The Embassy Suites Dublin.