“Presidents Cup-close, clean and excellent service!”

Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Kentucky
“Presidents Cup-close, clean and excellent service!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend while attending the Presidents Cup at Muirfield Village. The hotel suite is sort of dated and needs some updating but that is the only negating factor (not enough to complain really). It is still an excellent hotel otherwise with great convenience, awesome service and convenient location. The included breakfast buffet was very good too! The hotel provided us shuttle service to and from the tournament and this was so handy. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over President's Cup. It was a great week and we were happy to make life a littler easier for our guests by providing the shuttle to the tournament. Thank you for sharing your comments. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Dublin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Long Island
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Took a chance and it paid off. I was in Columbus with my family of 5 for a week long fencing tournament in the summer and needed an efficiency hotel. Sonesta ES Suites in Dublin, OH is the only place to stay if you are traveling with a family. The 2 bedroom/2 bath was well worth it for many factors, especially if you are traveling with a family. If you have ever been to Columbus, you know there really is nothing to do downtown. Short North is great, but its only restaurants. And North Market is a good place to eat. North Market is like the South Street Seaport in NYC and the Quincey Market in Boston....bunch of restaurants under one roof.

Dublin, Ohio is only a 15 to 20 minute ride to Downtown Columbus...highway driving. Dublin also has a quaint town with boutique shops and great restaurants. Also has its commercial side of department stores, grocery stores, restaurants and a Costco nearby. It has everything that you need. The Zoo was only 10 to 15 minutes away from the hotel.

Now, Sonesta was great because it was right off the highway, but far enough not to hear any noise. And it was set in from the road that you do not hear any noise either. The layout is simple, two levels...ground and 1 flight up...no elevators. Picture attached townhouses and that's the set-up. The suite was more than enough room for the 5 of us. Picture a studio apartment with two separate bedrooms. The 2 bathrooms were in the bedrooms...and the sink is separate from the shower and toilet. The sofabed in the living room was no thrill to sleep on, but I called the front deak and asked for several winter comforters to layer the sofa bed and it worked. Or if you want, bring an air mattress to blow up and set in in the living room, but you will need to move some furniture if you do.

They offer a hot breakfast everyday and a light dinner some nights. Pool was a good size and the multi-purpose sport court was next to the pool. They have a laundry room as well. Sonesta is a very clean establishment. And the staff is just so friendly and accommodating. The cookies at the front desk is a nice touch. There is a Max & Erma's Restaurant, Chase bank and Graeter's Ice Cream which is only a 2 minute walk if that..the map makes it look farther, but its not. We were at Grater's Ice Cream every night.

The reason for 4 stars and not 5 is that I was able to get the Sonesta for an incredible price. They are rennovating now, and this will most likely drive up the cost. But, call Sonesta and see if there is any speacials going on.

So do your research and check around, and you will see that Sonesta is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BBChin
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had such a great experience with us this summer. We are looking forward to having you back again next year.
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our first experience with Sonesta Suite was a surprisingly great stay. We were there to visit the Columbus Zoo. Very pleasant and courteous staff; clean, comfortable and roomy suite. Loved the natural surroundings with the added convenience of being close to shopping, restaurants and points of interest.
When advertised with a complimentary breakfast, we were expecting the typical continental fare but, we're shocked to find such an extensive variety.
Overall, one of the best hotel stays of all our travels at a great price.
Thank you for making this trip so great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope that you also enjoyed your time at the Zoo and that you can come back to see us again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a Buckeye game. Big room, clean and comfortable. Full size fridge, with good size kitchen and living room. Could use new TV, as it was a 30 inch on tv cart. Otherwise room was great. Snacks offered all night in lobby & staff very friendly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will actually be renovating all the rooms the first half of next year, which will included brand new flat screen TVs. I hope that you can come back and stay with us to enjoy the updates.
Indiana
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Bathroom, dirty. Kitchen,,dirty. Coffee pot had noodles and moldy coffee in pot. Do not even think of this place. Terrible. Awful. Rotten,bugs flying around,,,,,needs some love fast. Many options here. This is NOT one!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize that your experience with us was not a pleasant one. We always strive to provide clean rooms, but I realize we failed to do so in this instance. I assure you that this is not a common occurrence and I will definitely be addressing this with our housekeeping staff so that this will not happen in the future. Again, I do apologize and hope that you will come back and give us a second chance when you are back in Dublin.
Louisville, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We've never stayed at a Sonesta Suites. The hotel reminds me more of a studio efficiency apartment. It would be a nice place for a business traveler or small family on vacation. All rooms have an outside entrance( which I have never stayed at a hotel with this type of entrance.( if I were traveling alone as a woman I would prefer an inside entrance with security due to the safety aspect) That being said overall the hotel was very clean It had a nice recreation area and a beautiful basketball court and a nice pool. This hotel provides a nice breakfast which was above average! I wish I could recall the name of the woman that was working that morning she was bilingual and she made you feel like you were a guest in her home. She was fantastic and super friendly. This hotel is nice but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a 5 star property! So,if you want a luxury resort this is not for you!! Sonesta Suites is pretty basic and straight forward. It was very clean and affordable and less than a mile away from downtown Dublin.

• Stayed September 2013
Jamie G, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Dublin, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will make sure to share your comments with my team, especially our breakfast attendant. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Sonesta ES Suites before and had based my booking on past visits, as it's an inexpensive option in Dublin. There were stink bugs on the windows of the room and crawling on the draperies. When it was pointed out to the clerk at the front desk, she didn't offer a remedy, but said she encountered the same issue at her apartment. There were grey hairs on the carpet and sofa, although it appeared to have been vacuumed. And construction workers were yelling and doing work on a unit before 9am on a Sunday morning.

Room Tip: Call and ask if construction is going on, and request a second floor unit at the back of the complex...