“Excellent is an Understatement!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 14, 2010

When we arrived, we were greeted with friendly service by the gentleman at the front desk and it was 4am!!! Upon entering our room, it was one cleaner than when my own mother would clean my room when I was a child!!!!

I came back from a Wedding and was greeted again, this time by the manager - who asked how my stay has been. Without blinking an eye, I responded with "Amazing!!!!"

I would recommend this hotel for anyone with families that have small children, businessmen on the go, or even the regular traveler. Most importantly, with the location being so close to downtown Columbus it makes it convenient without having to spend downtown prices.

A PLUS is deserved for the entire staff,

Gus Schuett
KIDD Productions
[--]

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 13, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel four times now! We love it! Not only is it a great value, but it is clean! Which is very important to us! They have been nothing but friendly and helpful in everything. The general manager, Tim, is the best....he treats you like family and does everything in his power to make your stay the best!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

This HIE was my best lodging experience in recent memory! Obviously management and staff have their acts together. Nearly new, clean, nice breakfast, better than average HIE appointment with deluxe features (i.e., bathroom exhaust fan with tenant operated switch)--and property setback from expressway traffic noise. Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express was celebrating its one-year anniversary while we were visiting. We arrived at the hotel about 1:00pm and had no trouble checking in. Dustin, the front desk attendant, was very friendly and even offered us a complimentary beverage. This little gesture was great as it made me feel as if I was being welcomed into someone’s home. Our room was very clean and comfortable.
There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room which is a wonderful amenity when traveling. The bathroom is modern with good lighting for make-up application. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. The ladies that work in the kitchen area are very nice as well. They greeted us as we entered the area and said “See you tomorrow!” when we left. The Holiday Inn Express is located very close to many restaurants and only about a half mile from Tuttle Crossing Mall. After a long and tiring day of travel, it was great having a nice place to rest and relax. I highly recommend this quiet, clean and comfortable hotel to others and I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Rooms were great. Well decorated and clean (though the showers were a bit of a disappointment when compared to the rest of the well appointed bathroom) Continental breakfast was good, lots of selections and still being replenished near cut off time. My only complaint was our arrival and the man who attempted to assist us at the front desk. There were 4 people waiting to check in, with one attendant at the front desk. Check in time was 3pm, but we made better time than anticipated and arrived at 2:30. A man came out of the back and offered to assist us. After providing our details he stated that we were early for check in, but that he would check with house keeping to see if our room was ready. He then disappeared into the back from whence he came. We waited. And waited. And waited. The desk clerk who was helping the other 3 people waiting for check in eventually cleared her own queue and asked us if we needed any help. We explained that we were hoping to check in, but we were a bit early. She politely expalined that the room most likely was not ready yet. This wasn't a big deal, we could easily go grab some lunch and return, it was just the fact that we were abandoned at the counter by the previous clerk that was off putting. Each time we walked through the lobby that weekend, there seemed to be at least 3 people waiting for something at the desk and only one clerk. Upon check out we overheard another person checking in questioning the reason for the crowd and the clerk announced that, "its always like this". Overall a nice hotel, just be prepared to wait a bit.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My family with teenagers needs big beds and we enjoyed our stay in a 2Qu + sofabed room that had a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room, along with a nice big flat screen t.v...the hotel is so NEW that they are completely free of mildew, odors, stains, etc. So wonderful to stay in a hotel that, at the end of a hot day at the zoo, you can come home to and relax. I felt fine walking across the floor without socks on (in hotels I usually keep my socks on). I have a hard time relaxing if the hotel room feels "sticky" or has odors, and this was NOT that--SO CLEAN!! Ahhhh. Also, the front staff was so friendly, and it is a short drive to the Columbus Zoo, and there are several restaurants and shopping areas very close---a Quizno's across the parking lot along with a pizza place steps away, but the usual fast food places are pretty close too--even a Chipotle (my daughter's favorite) is only about a mile away. Fold-out sofa bed was comfortable for my teen son. Breakfast had several selections--some hot, like biscuits and gravy, etc. The only very minor drawback (extremely minor) is that my daughter didn't like how small the pool was (and it was a small indoor pool that was usually overflowing with kids) and she's a pool-fanatic but chose not to swim because of the crowdedness. This is a great place! Front desk staff was so nice!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Following TripAdvisor, I booked at the HIE while recently in town to attend a wedding. The wedding party had set aside 3 other hotels nearby at comparable or cheaper rates, but we opted for here based on the ratings; the fact that a hot breakfast is included; and the rooms have two queen (not full) size beds. We were 4 adults, so the larger beds were a factor and they were quite comfortable. I liked also that each bed included two firm pillows and two soft ones. We were on the first floor across from the fitness room, but never heard any noise from outside the room. We classified the breakfasts as good, but not great. Scrambled eggs and bacon the first day; omelets and sausage the next. Management is doing a good job of keeping everything clean and new looking, a real plus to any stay. We used the pool both evenings there, but it is pretty small, shallow and had too much chlorine. Nice large flat screen TV in the room and the towels are large, fluffy and plentiful. All personnel were extremely pleasant and polite. I will agree with previous reviewers and give them 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family