“I'd think twice before staying again...”

Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had secured a reservation for an upcoming baseball tournament being played in Grove City. Because of the nature of the tournament, we knew in advance that we may be knocked out early and not need our room the the entire number of days I had reserved. For this reason, I specifically asked about the cancellation policy. I was told as long as we had stayed 2 consecutive nights, that we could check out at ANY time with out a penalty. Unfortunately, our team was knocked out on Saturday, so I went back to the hotel by 2pm, requesting a late check out. There were 3 other customers there doing the same thing. We were ALL told by the manager that was not how the check out policy is handled and that the best he could do for us was to refund us $20 BUT STILL CHARGE US for the remaining balance of room rate for that day. We all tried to explain that we were told we could check out without a penalty but it fell upon deaf ears. So knowing that we would be charged the room rate anyways, we decided to spend the night. Some of the other families chose to take the hit and left anyways. A week or so later I find out that the Hotel had infact refunded them the ENTIRE ROOM RATE, not just the $20 that we had been told! Had we have known this would happen, we would have left on Saturday as well. I came home Sunday night and immediately sent an email to Holiday Inn Customer Service explaining my dissappointing stay. Not only had we had an issue with the cancellation policy, but we also had a complaint regarding the cleanliness of our room. We had reserved one of two rooms with a pull out sofa; upon entering the room, we decided to make the bed. The linens for the pull out were supplied in the room in a zippered bag. We made the bed and when it came time to put the comforter on, we realized that it had feces on it. This is unsanitary and absolutely unacceptable! I immediately called Housekeeping and requested clean linens be brought to the room. Later, while sitting in the lobby area, I overheard another customer telling her party that they had a room with a pull out couch and when they made the bed, the supplied linens were dirty and that they had to call housekeeping for clean ones. It is completely unacceptable for the cleaning staff to re-bag dirty linens instead of sending them to be laundered. The Manager has been contacted by Holiday Inn Customer Service on 2 separate occasions and has neglected to contact me regarding this situation. He has been made aware of my disturbing issues, yet chose to do nothing. There are many quality hotels to choose from that are more than willing to provide you with a clean room and quality Customer Service. I would suggest you save yourself the headaches and stay somewhere else. You will thank yourself later.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lori1964CantonOhio
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take every comment, whether negative or positive in nature, very seriously in gauging our service to our guests. We are disappointed to hear your stay was not up to your expectations as cleanliness and service are our top priorities, as they are for you and every guest that stays with us. We have attempted to contact you on several occasions and hope we will soon be able to speak with you so that we may be able to take this an opportunity to regain your business should you be returning to our area in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago - room wasnt cleaned--found empty prescription bottle and other items under sofa. Also was tape on the mirror.

Large crowd of little-leaguers and their family near us who were loud until 12a! I'm a light sleeper and had a toddler I was trying to get down.

Wish hotel had a quiet rule after 10p.

Breakfast bar is good with a lot of choices, but not a lot of fresh fruit.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank LdySprtn
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us on tripadvisor. We are disaapointed your second stay was not simliar to your first. We do have a queit time of 11pm-7am and apologize in hearing there were issues with this not being in full affect during your stay. We advise guests to contract us anytime when there are noise issues so we address them immdiately.

We would love to hear from you directly in hopes of taking this as an opportunity to instill you with us being a great hotel that guests love so that you may stay with us in the future if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is truly the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at. We have stayed at this location for 3 years in a row with my husband's baseball team for the 7-UP Capital Cup tournament held at Lou Berliner Park. This hotel is not the closest to the park nor the most convenient but after the stay it is worth the extra drive and any extra dollars in price comparison. There were MANY other teams and groups staying the same time and I would bet they had a full house. I was surprised at how clean, neat, and accomodating the place was including the staff. Our team was able to have pizza brought in from Classics Pizza & Grille just across the parking lot which is WONDERFUL and a team favorite! The hotel has a HUGE, nice area right when you walk in that also serves as the breakfast area. The boys love the pool and the hot tub. The parents were able to gather outside the indoor pool area where there were large doors propped open so we could talk and sit outside but see the kids swimming. We were spolied this year by getting a HUGE room (room 204) that was the NICEST ROOM I HAVE EVER STAYED IN!! We showed off our room to the entire team!! It is an end room with 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. I have never seen a bigger hotel room in my life! The lobby was always busy with people coming and going and also stopping at the main desk checking in/out, etc. The staff was always smiling and courteous. The mall, shopping, and restaurants nearby is an added bonus for ANY extra needs! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The price was worth all of the extras we received! Holiday Inn Express at Tuttle Crossing is my #1 pick!

Room Tip: The end rooms are HUGE. We stayed in room 204 and this was the largest room I have ever seen or stay...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rebecca K
Chad P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others on tripadvisor know how your stay with us! We cannot stress enough how we take all reviews of our hotel to heart. We are glad you had such a wonderful stay and look forward to providing another memorable experience when you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The hotel was convieniently located near our soccer tourneyment in Dublin, OH. The location was alos near the expressway which made it easy to get to restaraunts and the Columbus Crew Stadium. The hotel was clean and the kids enjoyed to pool and breakfast. All but 1 of my boys stayed at this location and I didn't hear any negative feedback from any of the parents of my players.
Still waiting on the PriorityClub Reward points to hit my account. The desk did seem unsure how to handle this?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank toddonthemove
Chad P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank for taking the time to review your stay with us! We strive to make sure our hotel clean and comfortable, as this is our top goal as well as a top priority for you when selecting a hotel. We appreciate you bringing the Priority Club points issue to our attention so that we could take care of it for you. We hope to you see again if you are back in the area for a tournament!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on our recent trip to Columbus to visit the Columbus Zoo, which is an easy 10-minute drive away. Our room the first night, although a weeknight, was extremely loud, both from the neighbors down the hall making repeated trips to the ice machine right outside our room, and the neighbors upstairs having a boisterous and seemingly never ending night of romance (*ahem*) beginning at about 1:30 a.m. which included a noisy round of showers. Nothing like having two young kids wakened in the middle of the night asking, "What are they DOING up there??" The staff was very nice about switching our room in the morning despite the fact that they said the hotel was fully booked. We were given a third (top) floor room which was very quiet and comfortable.
The saltwater hotel pool is somewhat small but, like the rooms, appeared very clean and well maintained. I spent time in the spa/hot tub while the kids swam and everyone was very happy.
The breakfast was average but nice and the staff kept everything well stocked and was also quite friendly. The dinner and evening receptions were so-so but still very much appreciated after long days at the zoo.
I would stay at this hotel again and would like to thank the kind staff for all their help and for running such a clean operation.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms across from the ice machines.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DayTripper1630

We truly thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad to hear we could turn a potentially unsatisfactory stay into a positive one in accommodating you with another room. We look forward having you stay with us again if your travels return you to our area!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Due to a death in the family, my elderly mother and I needed a hotel room for two nights near Dublin, Ohio. After reading TripAdvisor reviews for hotels in the Columus/Dublin area, I called at least 10 hotels for prices and availability. I didn't feel comfortable until I contacted the staff at Holiday Inn Express Columbus-Dublin. Ryan was friendly, efficient and caring, so I booked our room for two nights.

When we arrived at the hotel, I was impressed with friendly staff, large lobby with flat screen tv, and the cleanliness of the entire hotel. Our extremely clean room was equipped with a refrigerator and microwave; comfortable queen beds and tub/shower;

Although there is no restaurant on the premises, several restaurants deliver and others are within a mile or so of the hotel. The hotel also has a small area from which you can purchase sodas, frozen dinners, and snacks.

The breakfast buffet was average and included bacon, eggs, biscuits, bagels, toast, cereal and yogurt.

I would defintely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SharronLL
Chad P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

. Regardless of the unfortunate situation that led you to stay with us, I am glad to hear we made you feel comfortable and were able to feel at home. We hope you choose us again if you are in the Dublin or Columbus area in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I believe this was our 4th year staying at this hotel..we come to Columbus every year for the State Wrestling Tournament. We have stayed at this hotel for at least the last 4 years...a great experience always..wonderful staff and awesome facility. We usually playcards all together in the lounge area, and enjoy the continental breakfast...rooms have always been very clean and well stocked with towels. I would reccommend this Dublin facility to every family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tamara B

We thank you for choosing to stay with us the last couple of years for the State Wrestling Tournament. We are glad to hear you can relax and be yourselves while staying with us. We look forward to seeing you for next year's State Wrestling Tournament.