We had secured a reservation for an upcoming baseball tournament being played in Grove City. Because of the nature of the tournament, we knew in advance that we may be knocked out early and not need our room the the entire number of days I had reserved. For this reason, I specifically asked about the cancellation policy. I was told as long as we had stayed 2 consecutive nights, that we could check out at ANY time with out a penalty. Unfortunately, our team was knocked out on Saturday, so I went back to the hotel by 2pm, requesting a late check out. There were 3 other customers there doing the same thing. We were ALL told by the manager that was not how the check out policy is handled and that the best he could do for us was to refund us $20 BUT STILL CHARGE US for the remaining balance of room rate for that day. We all tried to explain that we were told we could check out without a penalty but it fell upon deaf ears. So knowing that we would be charged the room rate anyways, we decided to spend the night. Some of the other families chose to take the hit and left anyways. A week or so later I find out that the Hotel had infact refunded them the ENTIRE ROOM RATE, not just the $20 that we had been told! Had we have known this would happen, we would have left on Saturday as well. I came home Sunday night and immediately sent an email to Holiday Inn Customer Service explaining my dissappointing stay. Not only had we had an issue with the cancellation policy, but we also had a complaint regarding the cleanliness of our room. We had reserved one of two rooms with a pull out sofa; upon entering the room, we decided to make the bed. The linens for the pull out were supplied in the room in a zippered bag. We made the bed and when it came time to put the comforter on, we realized that it had feces on it. This is unsanitary and absolutely unacceptable! I immediately called Housekeeping and requested clean linens be brought to the room. Later, while sitting in the lobby area, I overheard another customer telling her party that they had a room with a pull out couch and when they made the bed, the supplied linens were dirty and that they had to call housekeeping for clean ones. It is completely unacceptable for the cleaning staff to re-bag dirty linens instead of sending them to be laundered. The Manager has been contacted by Holiday Inn Customer Service on 2 separate occasions and has neglected to contact me regarding this situation. He has been made aware of my disturbing issues, yet chose to do nothing. There are many quality hotels to choose from that are more than willing to provide you with a clean room and quality Customer Service. I would suggest you save yourself the headaches and stay somewhere else. You will thank yourself later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the brand new Holiday Inn Express in Dublin, Ohio. Coming to this Dublin hotel for business or pleasure is a snap as we are just west of I-270 off of exit 15, in Northwest Columbus. You may find yourself feeling particularly smart for choosing to stay at our new Express on Tuttle Crossing Blvd., located just 10 minutes from the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay Water Park, 5 minutes from the Dublin Irish Festival grounds, Muirfield Village Golf Club (home of the PGA Memorial Tournament) and 15 minutes from downtown Columbus. Meeting space for up to 50 divides into 2 smaller spaces with natural light. We have a professional meeting planner on-site. Restaurants abound in the immediate area and many are within walking distance. Relax in our indoor pool & whirlpool, or enjoy the serene atmosphere created by our Sky-High-Water-Feature-Wall and the natural indoor landscaping that makes our new hotel in Dublin stands out above the rest. Weekend packages & exclusive, guaranteed-lowest group rates are available by request. Our breakfast is still free, and now features hot entrees as well as our signature, exclusive cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast Coffee. Our Simply Smart Bedding Collection will have you waking up feeling refreshed and recharged. Free high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, plus our online concierge, eHost, are also available to assist with information about the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin Ohio