“Best Marriott staff I've encountered in 25 years” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbus Marriott Northwest

Columbus Marriott Northwest
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Dublin
Boston
“Best Marriott staff I've encountered in 25 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

My colleagues and I are always satisfied staying at Marriott properties (we are platinum marriot members...) but this property exceeded all others!
Everyone on the staff was exceptional..... friendly, cheerful, helpful, knowledgeable, accommodating....... It was unusual to encounter and entire staff that was so very nice. Everyone includes... manager, asst. manager, front desk, concierge lounge, housekeeping, maintance, room service, restaurant, morning & evening greeters in the lobby.... everyone.....
One of my colleagues is a vegetarian.... the hotel was having a special in the restaurant - '$5 Burger Night' --- soudned good --- but for the vegetarian.... we mentioned this to the Asst. Hotel Manager, he said that he would have the restaurant prepare a special veggie burger for her!! THAT was above and beyond any service we had ever received at any Marriott.... that was our first day and things kept getting better througout the week.....
This hotel staff should go to Marriott Headquarters and give lessons on how to be a top notch staff.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Eye56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

This Inn was wonderful!!

Attentive staff, always a smile (lets me know people like to work there).

The Inn was clean, orderly, and even with the snow, they kept the floors clean and DRY!!

The lounge was comfortable, the food good.

Rooms are comfartable, clean and relaxing.

I have put the Inn on my places to return to when I am in the area

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JMarkHouston
Ballwin, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

We spent several days at this facility for a meeting. Hotel staff really exhibited some of Marriott's well know best in class customer service. Lobby area and restaurant are fairly bland as far as decor, but, like most business travelers, this is secondary. There was a very nice fitness center.

The sleeping room was large, tastefully decorated and provided a quiet night's sleep. There's a nice in-room work area. The one thing that stuck out to me was the 1980s style hair dryer. Not that this is that big of a deal, but it certainly seemed out of place. However, it worked almost as well as a current model.

This is a nice location with other dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Boat-Captain
Decatur, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

This hotel was a warm suprise as soon as you walked through the doors. The frontdesk personnel greeted you from the entrance area and gave a warm welcome. They were very personable and helpful with everything. All four days I spent there, I would see maintanence personnel walking around updating and taking care of the building. This location was very clean with decent eating and a friendly bar staff. Rooms were spacious and very clean. This would be a great location for a business traveler and even a good hotel for leisure. I have never written on tripadvisor, but I liked my experience so much, I felt it was about time to give credit to a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

In 20 years of business travel this was by far the best experience in customer service to date. The hotel included all the basic comfort, cleanliness and professionalism I have come to expect from larger Marriott properties. What set this hotel apart was the people. From the manager to each and event person that I interacted with during our event, the personal touches, politeness and attention to detail were unmatched by any others I have experienced. There was a genuine joy and pride the employees took in everything they did . I will be travelling to other Marriott properties over the next month (New York, Atlanta, etc.). The Marriott Northwest has set the bar VERY high.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Henderson, Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed here in September '09, Everyone from the person manning the front desk to the maintenance people smiled and greeted us. The people in the restaurant and bar were excellent. They made us feel welcome and seemed sincerely concerned that we have a good experience. We stayed here again on Christmas Eve. We forgot a couple of toiletry items. They were happy to provide what we needed at no charge. Later in the evening, as we watched "It's A Wonderful Life" on TV, there was a knock on the door. The hotel managemant broght us milk and a plate of chocolate cookes with a Merry Christmas wish. This, accomapnied by the best beds on earth make this a really wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

The hotel was great but what stood out the most here was the staff. They were friendly from the moment I walked into the door. I had to travel for work over the holiday and they made my time away from home more enjoyable and nice by placing me on the concierge floor where they had free breakfast (which was excellent) along with drinks and appetizers in the evening. The hotel was very clean as well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business