“Columbus Marriott Northwest is one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed!”

Columbus Marriott Northwest
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Dublin
Decatur, IL
“Columbus Marriott Northwest is one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2010

This hotel was a warm suprise as soon as you walked through the doors. The frontdesk personnel greeted you from the entrance area and gave a warm welcome. They were very personable and helpful with everything. All four days I spent there, I would see maintanence personnel walking around updating and taking care of the building. This location was very clean with decent eating and a friendly bar staff. Rooms were spacious and very clean. This would be a great location for a business traveler and even a good hotel for leisure. I have never written on tripadvisor, but I liked my experience so much, I felt it was about time to give credit to a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

In 20 years of business travel this was by far the best experience in customer service to date. The hotel included all the basic comfort, cleanliness and professionalism I have come to expect from larger Marriott properties. What set this hotel apart was the people. From the manager to each and event person that I interacted with during our event, the personal touches, politeness and attention to detail were unmatched by any others I have experienced. There was a genuine joy and pride the employees took in everything they did . I will be travelling to other Marriott properties over the next month (New York, Atlanta, etc.). The Marriott Northwest has set the bar VERY high.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Henderson, Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed here in September '09, Everyone from the person manning the front desk to the maintenance people smiled and greeted us. The people in the restaurant and bar were excellent. They made us feel welcome and seemed sincerely concerned that we have a good experience. We stayed here again on Christmas Eve. We forgot a couple of toiletry items. They were happy to provide what we needed at no charge. Later in the evening, as we watched "It's A Wonderful Life" on TV, there was a knock on the door. The hotel managemant broght us milk and a plate of chocolate cookes with a Merry Christmas wish. This, accomapnied by the best beds on earth make this a really wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

The hotel was great but what stood out the most here was the staff. They were friendly from the moment I walked into the door. I had to travel for work over the holiday and they made my time away from home more enjoyable and nice by placing me on the concierge floor where they had free breakfast (which was excellent) along with drinks and appetizers in the evening. The hotel was very clean as well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

I generally travel to Columbus on business overnight 8-9 days every month. I have stayed at many different hotels who's locations were convienient to my business contacts. Approximately 15 months ago I tried out the Marriott Columbus Northwest and haven't stayed anywhere else in Columbus since then. Every member of the staff greets guests as if they were a guests in their own home. They seem to hire only people that care and then provide them with training and support to perform thier job. The General Manager and her Assistant General Manager lead by example. They get involved in every aspect of the hotel operation in a "hands on" manor.
Several months ago I turned in a comment card and mentioned that a small digital clock would be handy in the bathroom to help keep me on track in the mornings when I'm getting ready. I didn't think too much about it, knowing that bathroom clock is more of something you might see in a lower end hotel not normally associated with a luxurious hotel like Marriott. To my surprise the Hotel Manager has a clock put in my bathroom everytime I stay there! The personalized attention to every detail is what separates this Marriott from the rest.
I could go on with many more exceptional experiences that I have had since made this my "home away from home" but I'll sumararize by saying.... with people that show that they truly care in everything that they do, Why would I want to EVER stay anywhere else?

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Gaithersburg, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

The staff at this Marriott were as nice and welcoming as any hotel I have stayed in. There was not one negative note in their song. Ralph Mordocco, Assist. General Manager should be very proud. Hotel was lovely and close to everything.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We are still “floating” from the wedding event, the Marriott Columbus Northwest helped to deliver the most wonderful day in our lives! Through your excellent service, your week long attention to every details, the staff at this property delivered all the joy, happiness and many little touches at every level from the bell staff all the way to the General Manager. In this respect, it is difficult to single anyone out as the entire staff gave it all. I am a Marriott Platinum member and I understand the nuance between good service and excellent service which this hotel delivered….thank you for all of that! When we first approached the Marriott last fall, we had mentioned that this wedding was full of emotions for us as we had a great daughter and that we wanted to have a very special experience. Everyone listened and flawlessly delivered ranging from room locations, bar accommodation or simply providing champagne or a rack to hang the wedding gown.

This hotel's best asset is that it delivers a full range of services for both personal or corporate clients. As a business executive who travels plenty, I wanted to keep the "corporate" feel out of this event and the Marriott was able to do this extremely well! The staff knew us and remembered all our needs with tremendous personal touch.

We often visit Ohio and you can expect us to renew our stay as we had done often in the past incognito as we did not have a huge contingency of friends and family at the time.

With our grateful appreciation,we sincerely thank the entire staff of the Marriott Northwest....don't change a thing as you have the perfect formula.

Respectfully,