“Very nice property”

Columbus Marriott Northwest
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Staff is VERY friendly and helpful. Concierge lounge is very nice - great cookies at night. Workout room is well-equipped. Rooms are comfortable. Good location - many places to eat and shop very close. Right off of exit on beltway around Columbus.

Only complaint is that as of the first of the year, we can no longer get the corportate rate that is within the government per diem. Emailed the manager to discuss, but he never returned my email.

Room Tip: If you park in back, you are much closer to the elevators than if you park in front. Also, if you h...
1  Thank Likes2Fly-82

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The General Manager of the Northwest Columbus Marriott in Dublin, Ohio must be taking some new age customer loyalty and detractor experience training. I have been an extremely loyal Platinum Marriott member for over 15 years, carry their rewards credit cards and go out of my way to stay at their property ALWAYS! I have continued to book my rate on the marriott.com website for simplicity and ease of use and when I arrive the staff then applies my corporate rate and all is good. They have even INSTRUCTED me in the past that this was the best way to book my room and most profitable for them as I didn't like booking on Orbitz or any other third party. So this time as I booked my room two weeks in advance I arrive and they tell me they can no longer honor my corporate rate and must pay the $299.99 rate. Stating that I used my Platinum privileges to gain access to the room (apparently only at a premium) which was booked two weeks in advance? What would be the difference had I booked through Orbitz? I guarantee they aren't paying $299.99 for the room or they won't be reimbursed by my company. When escalated to the General Manager it was obvious this was a new policy. How about educating you guests on this change and giving them some warning. I am NEVER stepping foot in another Marriott property again! I will NEVER allow my staff to book a room in a Marriott in the future. You will get nothing but negative feedback and a continued detractor message for everyone I touch as a result of this experience. (personally and professionally)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Nick M, General Manager at Columbus Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for sharing this feedback with me, and for speaking with me directly yesterday about the issue. As I said yesterday, we certainly value your loyalty to not only our hotel, but to Marriott. I regret that we allowed you to walk away from the hotel with a different impression based on our actions, of which I take full responsibility. As discussed, my goal is to earn back your trust in us. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I recently completed a one night stay at the Marriott Columbus Northwest in Dublin, OH. This is a big hotel located in the heart of the business area of Dublin. It is clear from the exterior that this is an older hotel, but the lobby is clean and somewhat updated. I wouldn't call it a "modern" lobby, but it is clean and comfortable. I used Marriott's mobile chcek-in so my key was waiting when I arrived and I was off in minutes. The front desk staff was super friendly. (I had a small issue on my bill where the wi-fi charge was double-billed and once again the front desk staff was super friendly and helpful getting it fixed at check-out)
The rooms are nice size and very comfortable. Again, I wouldn't call this the most modern room, but it is clean and was easy to work in and get a good nights sleep. The bathroom had a nice hot shower and plenty of space. Overall it is a very nice king sized room. I do like Marriott beds and pillows!
If I have a complaint about this hotel, and it kind of soured my stay a little, it was with the quality of the food and the service level by the waitstaff. I first had dinner in the hotel restaurant, and my spinach salad came out slimy and wilted. They were nice enough to take it off my bill when i ordered something else, but I wouldn't say the server was friendly about it. It is clear there is a lot of regulars at he bar/restaurant, and I am not one of them, and I was clearly made to feel that way. I was not asked ever if I wanted a second beer, and my glass of water was never refilled. Unfortunately, I had a similar experience with the buffet breakfast in the morning. The food was not very warm and really not very tasty. The service was not quick by any stretch and was not even remotely warm or friendly.
Overall, I might try this hotel again, but there is also a Marriott Courtyard nearby which might be worth looking at as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ChewInRI
Nick M, General Manager at Columbus Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your candid comments about your stay. I am pleased to hear you were treated well by our Front Desk staff, and were comfortable in your room. I would also like to thank you for your feedback about your Food & Beverage experience. Though these comments are not easy to read, we are now able to address them directly so we may improve the experience we are giving our future guests.

Unfortunately, it appears you did not receive the service we are accustomed to giving, and for this I am sorry. I will be meeting with the team in order to address the issues here, and take the opportunity to coach where appropriate. Without your feedback I would not have this chance, and for that I thank you.

Most of all, I would like the opportunity to host you again, to show you the level of service and product quality that is our standard. Please feel free to contact me directly at nick.moschetti@marriott.com if you wish to discuss any of these items in more detail.

Thank you again for your comments, and for being our guest.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Wow- What a great staff this hotel has. The most helpful and attentive team I have seen at a Marriott hotel. My wife and kids stayed here while visiting family. We arrived earlier than check-in time ( 4pm, check-out is at 11am ) We were greeted by an Allesandra at the front desk. Before I even had time to ask for a complimentary upgrade, she offered to upgrade me to a suite after seeing my two kids and wife waiting in the lobby.
What a great start to our trip. Being a Platinum member, I automatically get upgrades when available, however, you usually have to ask for an upgrade.

The suite consisted of a King sized bed and a pull out couch for the kids. The kids enjoyed the spacious room and having their own tv and bathroom. The hotel also has a decent sized pool on the ground floor. Unfortunately, there is no hot tub at this hotel. It would have been nice if there was a hot tub so my wife and I could have relaxed while the kids were playing in the pool.

We had dinner in their River City Lounge where the staff was just as friendly and accommodating. The prices were a little high, but what else would you expect in a hotel?
My Platinum status also gave us access to their concierge floor. Concierge floor was not very modern, but it served its purpose.

Overall, we had a great stay. If you are looking for hospitality and great customer service, this is definitely the place to stay in Dublin,OH.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. Worth a shot.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Nick M, General Manager at Columbus Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so much for providing this feedback! I am extremely pleased you had a pleasant stay, and that you and the family were able to relax and enjoy our hotel. Alessandra and the team will be properly recognized for your acknowledgement of their service; they will be thrilled to hear your positive feedback. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Thank you to the staff and especially Frederic for going over and above to make our stay comfortable this past weekend. We checked in very late after a full night of skiing, and they were very helpful to upgrade us to a larger and more comfortable room. The breakfasts were delicious and the rooms were very clean. Definitely plan to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the great feedback! Frederic will be delighted to hear he impacted your stay in a positive manner; I can't wait to tell him. We appreciate you being our guest, and we hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I am frequent guest at the Marriott on Blazer Pkwy located in Dublin, OH. I am always greeted with a smile and politeness by the well trained staff. A special shot-out to Emerald who works in the Concierge lounge in the mornings. She is very attentive to her guest's needs and constantly checking and reloading the breakfast bar with freshly made breakfast items. Stopping by the Concierge lounge first thing in the morning, enjoying a freshly made hot breakfast and interacting with Emerald is a great way to start the day. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

What a great hotel. Couldn't ask for more friendlier staff. Especially Emerald working in the lounge greets you every day with a huge smile making such a difference. They always go out of their way to accommodate any last minute or ad-hoc requests.