“Without a doubt, this is one of the best hotels in the Columbus area .... and I have stayed at many of them!”

Columbus Marriott Northwest
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler and have stayed in my fair share of hotels over the years. Recently I stayed in Columbus Marriott Northwest for 5 weeks, and I couldn't find a negative comment to make even if I wanted to. The staff at this hotel is absolutely outstanding ... and I mean outstanding even by Marriott's already high standards! The atmosphere at this hotel is very luxurious, and the concierge lounge is a nice bonus! The front desk staff and management could not be any more professional, courteous, nice, pleasant and accomodating if they tried. As an example, I went to Starbucks kiosk at 9:30 one night to get my favorite hazelnut latte, but when I arrived I found that it was closed. A Marriott staff member asked if I needed assistance as I turned to go back to the pool. I said everything is fine, just didn't realize the Starbucks was closed. She asked me to sit tight for a minute and walked over to the restaurant; returned a minute later and told me someone would be right with me. A very nice young man made a latte for me and said it was "on the house". I tried to pay, and he explained that the register was closed for the evening. I tried to tip him, but he would not accept it. He again said the latte was on the house and thanked me for staying at Marriott. I tried paying for the latte the next morning, but the Starbucks employee would not accept my payment and thanked me for my patronage. I honestly cannot say enough good things about this Marriott. I was just very, VERY impressed. I know exactly where I will stay the next time I'm in the Columbus area.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is very nice and it is a convenient location, very close to shopping and restaurants.
I was very surprised that if you want a fridge in your room it was a special request and the biggest surprise is that they charge extra ($10 a day) if you want to use WIFI in your room. WiFi is free in the lobby for anyone who might walk in from off the street but if you pay $100 ++ a night you are going to be charged on top of that should you want to use the internet from your room.

Other then that the hotel is very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Positives: Everything was clean and visually appealing. Lots of parking. Most of the staff were quite friendly. Negatives: We were hoping to check in early to help set up a hospitality room for our group. Although we contacted the hotel as early as 11:00 am to inquire about early check-in, our room was not available until a few minutes before the 4:00 pm regular check-in time. They could use more elevators, and it is a bit of a hike from the lobby to the elevators, which was somewhat of a problem for some of the older people in the group. Near the end of our stay, the toilet started leaking fresh water into the bathroom. The bedding is a very luxurious, heavy, comforter-type bedspread, but it would be nice to just have a light covering as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for one night for business meeting. Arrived late in evening and front desk staff was not at all welcoming. Not at all pleasant or willing to help. Hotel was beautiful with rooms very comfortable and clean. Beds were luxurious and more than comfortable. I slept like a baby. Next morning took advantage of the breakfast buffet. Staff there were more than welcoming and pleasant. Food was average. Coffee not that great. Overall I would take advantage of this hotel again for business. The bed was more than worth it. Large hotel so there is lots of walking. Park near the closest exit if walking is a problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and very clean. We stayed two nights and we were very impressed. From the landscaping, lobby, and the rooms, everything was perfect and well thought out. The staff was the highlight of the stay. They were always helpful and courteous. Even the maids do the little things to make your stay more enjoyable.

I only had a few minor complaints. There is no hot tub. Alcohol and food was overpriced in the restaurant. $5.50 for a beer?! Finally, you had to pay for wifi. This was the most disappointing since I was there for business. Most hotels provide this for free anymore.

Overall, the hotel was fantastic and I highly recommend it for personal or business travel!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Recently stayed for a three-day business meeting and was very impressed. While the hotel and meeting rooms were comfortable and nice, it was the staff that really made the experience so positive. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and conveyed a willingness to help; they all seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs. Restaurant had good food and attentive staff. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was traveling with my son's 16 year old baseball team and upon arrival was shocked at the number of much younger kids (also with sporting teams) with their parents checking into the hotel. My first thought was that it was going to be a disaster and no one would get any rest. To my delighted surprise, the staff (who was amazing!!!) had everything under control in a respectful and customer friendly way! The halls were silent at 10 pm!

Overall the hotel was great, clean and worth the very reasonable price. The restaurant and bar were great, the lobby relaxing while waiting between games. The beds very comfortable (except for maybe the pullout couch mattress might need to be replaced!) Thank you for taking such great care of our boys and parents while attending a tournament in your area during a very busy weekend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends