“stay somewhere else.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 1, 2008

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Dublin, OH last Saturday night (4/26/08) for one night. We were in town for a wedding and three other couples also had rooms at this hotel, as this is where the bride and groom had a block of rooms reserved. This is a brief synopsis of our one day stay and why I don’t think I will be staying at a Quality Inn again in the near future.

When I called to make my reservation, I informed her that I was with a wedding party, and that I would be checking in Saturday and leaving Sunday. I called about a week before the wedding and asked what time check-in time was. She informed me that it was 3:30. I asked her if there was any way we could check in early because the wedding started at 3:30. She said ok, and that it would be $5 extra, which I thought was a little strange, but I said, that’s fine and asked her if she wanted to take down my name for early check in. She said no and hung up on me. Then another friend who was staying there that night looked up the information on the website and it said check-in time was 2:00. At this point I knew this stay was probably going to be a pain.

We arrived at the hotel around 2:00 on Saturday and she gave us our room. We ran into a friend who said she was taking a jog on the treadmill in the “gym” that morning and in the middle of the run, the treadmill just stopped working, she ended up jogging around the parking lot. Once I got to the room I realized that the piece of paper she gave me said $109, when on the phone she had told me that the wedding discount was $89. I went back out to the front desk and she told me that it was no problem and that she would adjust the price when we checked out. We went back to our room to start getting ready for the wedding and our friends started arriving. The entire floor smelled very strongly of smoke even though we had all requested non-smoking rooms. I noticed some cords hanging out of the ceiling where I can only assume a smoke detector should be or was.

Our friends staying in the room next door to ours didn’t have a flushing toilet and had to come to our room to use the restroom. The last couple that arrived had an Out of Town Guest Bag that the hotel was supposed to be giving to anyone who checked in under the wedding party. The rest of us went up and requested our bag, I can’t imagine if I was a bride who put all that work into putting all those together and they weren’t even given out!

On the way out our friends with the broken toilet told the lady at the front desk that we were in a hurry and had to get out the door but asked if she could have someone look at their toilet while they were gone, as it wasn’t flushing at all. The lady at the front desk informed them that the plumber “might come on Sunday but maybe not until Monday.” She said she would give them another room and they could move their stuff. We told her that we needed to leave to get to the wedding on time and that we might not be back until late, she said ok. Needless to say, when we returned, the toilet still did not work.

The next day we went to check out and I told her that I needed my bill adjusted like she said she would the day before (this was always the same woman). She said ok and gave me a new receipt for $129. So I said, no, the rate was 89.00 for the wedding. She informed me that I was mistaken and that their rate was $109 and it’s higher now because there is a conference in town, so that is why she charged me $129. I turned around to all 6 of my friends, waiting to go to breakfast and asked, “how much did each of you pay for this room last night?” To which they ALL replied…$89. Not to mention she had checked them out MOMENTS before. She still looked at me like I was lying and told me, fine I will give you a $20 discount. I told her it’s not a discount, it is the RATE. It was a very frustrating morning. When I left she told me she had credited me back the full $129, then charged me $109, then given me a $20 credit. I was confused and annoyed but figured it would work out in the end and we needed to get to a brunch, so we left.

Three days later I was finally able to check my charges on my credit card and the outcome was that she gave me a $20 credit, then charged my account $129, then charged my account another $20. So now I have paid $149 for a room that was supposed to be $89. I am now in the process of disputing it with my credit card. This was supposed to be an easy one night stay for a friend’s wedding. I am extremely disappointed with the level of service and quality I received. I am also aggravated that I now have to do all this work with my credit card company to fix something that I was told was corrected before I left the hotel.

There is a hampton next door. Stay there instead.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cincyjen81

Reviewed June 12, 2007

The people who run this hotel are very nice, but the service was disappointing. The lamps in our room did not have light bulbs, and one TV did not work. We asked repeatedly (at least three times) for it to be fixed, but it never was. We also had to ask each day for additional towels (there were four adults in the room and they consistently gave us two towels), and at one point we had to go down and get our own toilet paper. Our room was not cleaned, although we were gone the entire day, until we called at 4:30 p.m.

I would also agree with the other review about the breakfast bar. They need someone to watch it. We had to keep going to the front desk to ask for coffee refills, etc.

People are nice, but service was bad. Unfortunately, we won't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 28, 2006

The best thing about the Quality Inn is the fact that the bedroom is separate from the living room where the sofa bed is located. This is a good set-up when you are traveling with a mother-in-law, as we were. The room was clean and nicely furnished. Continental breakfast was adequate, but they needed to have someone supervise the clean-up and refills other than the front desk clerk.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Sawmill Rd.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Columbus Dublin
Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Dublin

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!