“Can't Beat this Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Riverview, United States
“Can't Beat this Hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I traveled with my children, spouses and grandchildren for a little family get-a-way. We visited the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, the Water Park and visited the new American Girl Store. This hotel is in a very nice neighborhood and close to everything. The breakfast was great and with 5 adults and 5 kids it saved us quite a bit of money vs. eating out at local restaurant. I would highly recommend this hotel/location for anyone looking for an affordable, clean, hospitable place to stay. We all enjoyed our time there and will be back again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
SOUTH JORDAN
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a smaller Hampton property. It was on my way back from Columbus to Ashland and was the closest to the freeway system I needed. The exercise room is small and not sure it was well planned. The room was average and OK for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Johnstown, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel was located in quiet area minutes from Columbus Zoo. Clean, great breakfast, wonderful staff, many local places to shop and dine. I would recommend to all. This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn and in the future I will put them at the top of my list.

1 Thank Ronald U
DFW
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I generally like staying at Hampton Inns. They are clean, quiet and well maintained. There is also a, generalyy, a good level of customer service. I also enjoy their breakfast buffet. I don't eat a lot for breakfast and like the variety they offer. The food is of good quality and the person taking care of the buffet works hard to keep it clean.

I have not stayed at this particular Hampton Inn before and will not be staying here again. The check-in process was less then friendly with the front desk clerk (I think his name was Bill) was seemingly put out when I asked for a room away from the elevators. I like a quiet room and folks coming off the elevator are generally talking as they head to their rooms.

The check-out process was worse. I was quoted a room rate of $89 wehn I reserved the room. When I looked at my bill, the rate was $92 for each of the three nights I stayed, Admittedly, the total of $9 is not a significant amount money but it was not the rate I was quoted. When I explained this to Chuck (the night front desk clerk), he emphatically shook his head side to side and said "No, that rate was changed at the beginning of year". I explained that I was quoted an $89 rate. He again shook his head emphatically from side to side and "sorry, there is nothing I can do". I do not know if he was tired, in a bad mood or generally just plain rude, but his whole attitude and demeanor was a poor representation of the Brand.

As a result, on my next trip in September, we will not be staying at the Hampton Inn. I say we, because there will be three of us on that trip. The net result is that the $9 Chuck :could do nothing about" will cost this Hampton Inn $1000 on my trip in September. There are too many Hotels in the area to be treated the way Chuck treated me.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator and near the stairs are generally more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Allison F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that our staff was not more attentive towards you and that they did not provide you the customer service you deserve. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Oak Harbor, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I was very happy with our stay here. It was minutes from the Columbus Zoo and waterpark, restaurants, and shopping. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would recommend bringing your own pillows though, because they were not comfortable. The free hot breakfast was also very nice and had something to satisfy everyone's taste. Great hotel at a great rate for a family of four. We will stay here again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Ryan at the front desk was very friendly and helpful during our recent stay. When I asked to change rooms shortly after we checked in, he found another room for us right away (there was a crying baby next door that we could hear through the adjoining door). Our new room was spotless and quiet. The breakfast was hot and fresh, as always.

The hotel is also within walking distance of several restaurants. The nearby Applebees is open late - we walked over there around 10pm for a quick dinner.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Allison F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Paul P,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. We have a great staff at our hotel, that takes great pride in our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Ryan and the rest of the staff. We look forward to having you back with us in the future!

We Love Having You Here!
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

This property is fairly new or has been modernized and updated recently. Modern decor, nice sized room, bathroom nice as well. Housekeeping pays attention to detail as the room was immaculate! Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Didn't visit pool area but looked clean and well maintained. Breakfast buffet offers a good variety of food and its FREE.
Cons:
luggage trolleys need replaced as they don't roll we'll at all
Narrow doorways which are difficult to navigate a loadeduggage trolley. We wound up parking ours in the hallway and loading/unloading from there.
Beds very small. Since we were a walkin without reservations we were so happy to get a room.
Would stay at this property again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. We were recently fully renovated at the end of 2010. We are loving our "face lift", and very glad to see that our guests' are enjoying it as well. The staff takes great pride in our hotel, and thank you for recognizing that. I will be sure to pass your praising comments to our staff. We look forward to having you back with us in the future!

We Love Having You Here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin
Sonesta ES Suites Dublin
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Columbus Dublin
Hyatt Place Columbus Dublin

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin? Share your experiences!