All reviewsfull kitchendvd libraryheated outdoor poolbar stoolsdouble doorsmini apartmentdrinks and appetizersliving spacenice free breakfastfelt like homeshuttle servicelaundry facilitiesmovie theaterfree happy hourhot tubsoftball tournamentzoo tickets
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Our team was booked to stay here as part of a local soccer tourney. We chose this property based on previous reviews. I can't begin to tell you how far off these reviews are from reality.
As I was checking in, another guest was talking to the front desk about having their room switched due to the uncleanliness of the room they were in ("our one year old has black feet and knees from how dirty the carpet is"). I should have known right then to turn and run.
Our room was in one of the back buildings. The parking area around our room and stair/hallway was cluttered with debris and cigarette butts. The room itself appeared to be clean, although you could tell the counters were wiped with nothing more than a wet rag as there were streak marks everywhere. The carpet was dingy and smelled of mold. The worst part was the A/C was not working when we arrived. I tried to adjust and went to dinner and came back to find the room hotter than before.
We asked to be moved to a different room and were placed in one of their newly renovated suites. This was a much improved room with all new furniture, flooring, appliances, etc. and was actually pretty nice. However, the A/C in this unit did not work the 2nd night of our stay and it was too late to do anything about it.

The property itself has some potential. The pool was decent and there is a nice firepit area. However, they appear to be going through some renovations and are simply not keeping the older rooms tidy. It makes me wonder how long before the new rooms are in a similar shape.

I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Too many other hotel options at a similar price to bother with the hassle with this place.

Comments from other families in our group: Found mold and rust in bathtub and closet. Arrived at room to find all of the windows open and smelling of cigarettes. A/C did not work in several rooms. Kitchette counters were full of crumbs and other food from previous guests. Bed was full of dirt and grass.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room if you dare stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael J
Steve W, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2017

Thank you very much for your recent stay and valuable comments. We are transitioning our property in both Physical Characteristics and Staffing. In fact, we have recently replaced both the Executive and Assistant Executive Housekeepers with ladies who had previously worked at this hotel for years. Please come back and give us another try. We want to make it right with you.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I could rate higher of they had a few updates. Great for the price but needs update. Chair and couch visibly dust covered. Bathroom had old dirty caulking and cracks. Beds are comfortable and room overall is decent. I see they are renovating so some rooms may be updated. Grounds are nice and breakfast is good.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Jeff,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and valuable comments. we appreciate your stay and hope you will return soon. We are are renovating the entire hotel and common area amenities. Please give us a chance to make it right with you.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

One star is being generous! I would not only NOT recommend Cloverleaf Suites, but I would recommend staying away.

Our 3 night included:
1) We were given the keys to a room that someone was already staying in. Fortunately, we didn't walk in on anyone. LOCK YOUR DOORS! And use the security latch.
2) Day 2, upon returning to our room later in the evening, our room keys no longer worked. We had to get new keys to get back into our room. We then realized that it had NOT been cleaned despite leaving the "housekeeping requested" magnet on the door all day. We talked with the front desk and the night manager mentioned that they would pass along to clean our room.

3) Day 3, upon returning to our room again, the room was STILL NOT CLEANED! We check out on the next day.

4) Day 4, We saw three cleaning carts spread around the property, but by noon no one had came to the room again for cleaning or fresh towels.

I have never stayed in a hotel where the rooms were never cleaned. I do not understand. The large storage containers in the parking lot indicates that they might be planning to remodel, but we saw no workers over the four days that we were here.

The plan is to speak with the General Manager, but I am not sure how this conversation would change my mind on returning.

Signed,
Frustrated!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Tony,

I am so sorry you had a bad experience with us and I apologize for your trouble. Please give us another try to make it right and contact me directly. Steve, GM

Reviewed August 22, 2017

This place has the potential to be very nice! We only stayed here 1 of the 2 nights that we were supposed to & we should have left as soon as we realized how dirty it really was. Ariel that checked us in early was very nice! Whoever, the big girl that was working the afternoon shift was not nice at all! She bit my head off when I asked about vending machines. A simple no, we do not have them would have worked. afternoon shift at They preach at check-in how it is a non-smoking campus, that's a JOKE! We were here with a 1 and 3 year old, there were groups of people smoking everywhere! We were trying to swim & it was nothing but smokers surrounding the pool area. Definitely not kid friendly. Our room had the allure of being clean, my 1 year old was black from knees to toes from crawling on the floor right off the bat. Our feet were also black right away! GROSS! When my husband went to pick up a toy that had gone under the bed he found 2 empty wine bottles. Now the kicker, about 9 pm my husband & I were watching TV while the kids slept & we kept smelling smoke. So he went outside & found right outside our room door, a pile of smoldering mulch from cigarette butts that had been dropped from the room above us. The gentleman at the front desk was very apologetic but never came to check so we poured water on it. Seriously?!?!?! This place needs a lesson in how to run a hotel!!

Room Tip: We had a corner room right by the parking lot & it was quiet. Noise was not our issue.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank julles1578
Steve W, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

I am so very sorry for the quality of your stay. We are not only performing a rehab on the entire property, we are also changing the personnel significantly. I challenge you to give us another try and let us exceed your expectations!

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We stayed at this property 2 nights at the end of July. We were looking for something nice and close to the Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay. We read the reviews, and decided to take a chance. Other than a little longer wait at check-in we were pleasantly surprised! Yes, they are under construction. Did it bother us? Not at all! Our suite was very nice just as it was pictured. The hotel staff and manager were all very nice and eager to please. We had to drag our 11 year old out of the heated pool at night. I'm sure once the updates are complete this place will be fabulous.

Room Tip: We asked for a first floor room as I have trouble with steps it was no problem at all.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with HP Windows 10
Steve W, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Columbus Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Thank you so much for your recent stay during our total property renovation. Please come back and see us again as we progress. I apologize for the inconveniences you suffered. We are working hard to exceed your expectations.