“Worse Hotel Ever Stayed In!”
Review of 77 Inn & Grill

77 Inn & Grill
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dover
Cincinnati
“Worse Hotel Ever Stayed In!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Don't know where to begin! Room smelled so bad had to buy candles to burn while in room, sheets were filthy, pillows flat, TV did not work, replaced it but it did not work either. We would have gone somewhere else but everything was booked. Were there for our 14th anniversary, so sorry we ever stayed there, place was horrid. We were there 4 nights and 2 days our room was not cleaned and no clean towels for us! They should be closed down. If you can't afford anything better then don't go there you will regret it. They claimed we had the upgraded room, not sure what they considered upgraded! Towels smelled so bad and the lighting in the place was horrible.

Room Tip: Was not about to try the restaurant, if it was anything like our room no way! I do have pictures but...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fairmont, West Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Where to begin... my mom and I stayed here halloween weekend on a Friday night. This was our first trip to Amish Country. First, looks are deceiving. The website pictures look nothing like the actual rooms. They are old, out dated and smell musky. The beds are hard and the blankets felt rough. Now, we decided to tolerate all of this because it was clean. The outside picture looks deceiving also. These are rows of rooms with outside doors. Second, let it be known there is a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel (at the end of one row) that was blaring music when we pulled up. Which we didn't mind too much because they put us in the right back corner so it was pretty quiet (at first) since we weren't right beside the bar/restaurant. Parking was almost an issue because they do not give hotel stayers tags so all the bar patrons were parked in our spots even tho they do have a sign, ONE, that directs them to park in the back. I know many cars were in the bar because early the next morning MANY cars were gone already. Lastly, the WORST part of all was the NOISE that kept us awake ALL night. Around 12am we hear girls giggling, talking loudly and slamming car doors. Next, around 2am I wake up to a very loud door slam from the room next door and a girl literally screaming at the top of her lungs. No words, just screaming. Her and a boy went on to argue until AFTER 4am screaming and yelling. (Well, the boy was screaming at the girl.) At one point I think he was physically abusing her and he left several times and came back. (Driving intoxicated, I'm assumimg). We called the front desk at one point when we were afraid for the girl and a woman and 2 men came and checked on her, but the men poked fun at us calling and told the boy to watch having his car turned on so he wouldn't get a DUI. (He didn't tell them he had already left at least once). They stated, "oh, he's cool, he's good. He was at the party." The woman did make him open the door to check on the girl. We almost called the cops. The next day I explained what happened and the girl barely seemed interested. She said a note was made and they told the boy he could never stay there again.. sure. I asked why all the drunk partiers weren't in one block of rooms and she said "they tried", but they had some late bookings. I wanted reimbursed or compensated and she said she would have her manager call me... who didn't. So I called her and she said I needed to talk to the boss and she'd have him call... who NEVER did. I just chalked it up as a loss and a lesson learned. I will NEVER stay here again. And, it states they have a continental breakfast, but I honestly didn't even look the next morning and the lobbys so small I don't even know where they would put it. Just pay the extra $10-$20 and stay somewhere else! I will do my research next time!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Anjum5, Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience. we have arranged designated parking for our grill's guests, Bar and Grill close at midnight and do offer variety of live entertainment for our hotel guests free of charge. and also offers a great food and wide menu to cater our hotel guests.

Travelers are raving about these Dover hotels

Portland Tn
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I was going to say this was the worst ever but someone has used that. The room was dirty , the carpet stained, the worn out sofa was stained, the towels were worn out and smelled like they had been washed with lye soap. Room service didn't clean the coffee pot nor leave new supplies or cups. The ice machine is way across the parking lot and no backup toilet paper. You guessed it, we ran out and had to use the few tissues left. By the way make sure you don't flush the toilet when someone is in the shower or they will be scalded. I guess I should be happy they had hot water. If I hadn't payed in advance I would not have stayed here. The only redeeming value was it was near the interstate and access to Amish country.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The room was what you would expect for the price. Mostly clean.....but our room deadbolt did not work and when we complained were told the maintenance man had went home. There was a private party in the bar and grill that night and the music was so loud to the point the walls were vibrating. We were told that the hotel could not do anything about how loud it was because it was a private party.....REALLY??

• Stayed October 2013
Gainesville
Reviewed September 25, 2013

the room was a "dump" we reserved a double bed but something happened to our room, we could upgrade to a dinette room. We got to the room, it smelt horrid, they had told us the couch had a pull out bed. Well the couch was all stained up and we were afraid to even open it up. The pillows were flatter then flat and only 2. the toilet was so low to the floor my mom couldn't even attempt to go on it. the light over the sink was i'm sure not up to code as far as it was slapped wired together. the towels in the bathroom looked like they were used. the tub very very dirty. The dead bolt lock on the door was broken and the door didn't shut properly. We had 3 kids with us and the motel had a bar hooked on to it. ( not to safe feeling ) We attempted to sleep but couldnt. I went out at 1 am and found a hotel with rooms available I went back picked up my family and we left. Never stayed there even 2 hrs. It was the worst experience ever. I give it a 2 thumbs down and wouldn't even let my dogs stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Anjum5, Manager at 77 Inn & Grill, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay and Thanks for sharing your experience. In our newly renovated rooms we have upgrade all of our toilets. Our kitchenette rooms equipped for extended stay and we have done upgrades in those rooms to cater our long term guests .
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Traveled to Ohio for 2013 Hall of Fame ceremonies. We booked the hotel 2 months ahead and got a great rate per night! The new management was upset we were given such a low rate because all other hotels raised there rates for the weekend. This place is located right off the interstate, very old hotel! Very old room design, carpet, beds prob same since 70's. The new owners are renovating and building a pretty cool sports bar on the grounds, and Dover is a pretty cool little town about 20 miles South of Canton. If you just need a place to crash, it's a good place, but if you take your family you will never here the end of it!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Scavino
welland ontario
Reviewed March 11, 2013

l have stayed at this chain before and when l booked the picture on the computer looked not much different than we have stayed before so we were really shocked when we arrived....it is very very very run down, very easy to be broken in the doors had horrible cracks in them....we got a really good price which should have alerted me to something and l do know you cannot trust a chain name anymore like you used to be able to....my brother booked a room also....the only thing l can say is the people that were running it were very very nice,. and very accomodating.. they really really need to put some major work into this place but they made it as clean as they possibly could under the deterioating conditions...l would rate it a 2 not one point more but like l said the people were nice but very false advertising on the internet...l would not stay there again only if l really had to....but they are working on renovating so hopefully it will change...

Room Tip: drive up rooms only and front doors did not make me feel very safe..our front door had such a crack...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheMurrays_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek
Berlin Grande Hotel

Been to 77 Inn & Grill? Share your experiences!