“great small town restaurant”
Review of Trax Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Trax Diner
Cuisines: American
Ohio
“great small town restaurant”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I live in Tuscarawas County, and come down here about every other week to go to lunch. It's a small restaurant with a pretty good sized menu for the size of the restaurant. Situated in Dennison, which was a huge railroad stop during WW2. Definitely check out their salads-I've had just about every one of them and they're not only good but HUGE portioned!

• Visited January 2013

“Cool place. My dad worked at this rr ! Now restaurant.bar.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Old depot rr turned museum/ restaurant. Nice lady runs it. Good good. Interesting setting memorabilia. Get blk blue burger. Yumm. Er tracks still there.

Annandale, Virginia
“Good food, friendly staff and cute, historic place”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We ate dinner and Sunday brunch here in June, 2012. Nice place, used to be part of a historic WW II train depot. Has a good menu, but not real extensive. Everything tasted good and our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Not crowded when we were eating there. Their brunch is very limited though. You can only order about four brunch items or from the menu. I ordered french toast and it came with fruit and bacon, which is fine, but I wanted eggs and grits too, but they said they could not add extra to the order. It was a good meal, not fantastic, but tasty enough. I'd recommend it though, especially if you want lunch or dinner after touring the historic depot. Probably aren't many other places to eat in town, it is a very small town.

Visited June 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A gem of a find in a hardscrabble town.”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Trax diner is a gem of a find. It is an upscale dining experience in a John Steinbeck hardscrabble town. I had the Friday special, British beer battered cod and shrimp with chips. It was a wonderful meal apart from the second batch of shrimp (all you can eat) being overcooked. One feature I recall was the coleslaw to which they added paprika; I mistook it for cheddar cheese spread due to the color. Once I was told what it was, I found it to be a quite tasty mayonnaise based coleslaw, although the color was a bit off-putting. The staff was hard working and very attentive and the proprietor, Sandy, both worked the floor and greeted diners. If you order from the menu, you will find a number of tasty sounding items like scrod almandine. I highly recommend the restaurant but given the limited tabletops, I suggest that you either go early or investigate whether they take reservations.

• Visited February 2012
Dover, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Catering great”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Great food & good people to work with. Did onsite catering for our wedding and we are very happy with the service and quality of the food and staff.

Visited September 2011