“Amazing experience, FOR SURE going back!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dellroy
Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Dellroy B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went here for a 2 night stay(Friday and Saturday night). We arrived around 7 pm and was greeted by the owner. She showed us around a little bit and proceeded to show us our room. Our room was beautiful! Queen sized bed, huge jacuzzi tub(great amenity) in the room, fireplace, and a deck outside. Our bathroom had a large shower and was overall spacey.

I could go on about how nice and cozy the room was but you can go online and view each room. We had the Victorian Rose suite.

Each morning we had an AMAZING breakfast made by the owner(Linda) and my girlfriend had coffee delivered in the morning when requested. The dining area had 9 tables so that we had our own table to sit at and enjoy the view of the lake. Our first breakfast on Saturday morning consisted of fruit salad, and banana bread. We then had a salsa egg puff, hash browns and ham (SOOO GOOD) It was accompanied by fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee.

Our second breakfast on Sunday morning was citrus and apple salad, and assorted breakfast breads. We then had French toast(which was very thickly cut and delicious) and sausage. Also with orange juice and coffee. We both looked forward for breakfast because of how good it was.

We had a lot of privacy and quietness. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Bill but Linda was very welcoming and made us feel at home! They had a lot of neat antiques and collectibles around the house, some of which were for sale. I bought a few coffee mugs that I can't wait to use.

I know I am missing a few detailed things that we enjoyed, but I covered the main topics.

We are a sort of a picky and particular couple who notice every detail of places we stay, and I can honestly say that this place was near perfection! I am in the hospitality business, so I very much appreciate what Linda and Bill do. Every inch of the house was spotless and things seemed to be set meticulously in place. It was our first bed and breakfast experience and it won't be our last. Whispering Pines has converted us from Hotel goers, to privately owned places like this. I will be back again in the future and will be reviewing again! Thanks again so much for everything!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
pineswhisper, Owner at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Your amazing experience left an amazing review and I really appreciate it. You said many wonderful things and I enjoyed reading it. I will look forward to seeing you both again and this time we'll make sure you meet Bill. I'll also make sure you get another delicious, but different breakfast. Thank you again.
Linda

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I took my husband to Whispering Pines to celebrate his 50th birthday and he was simply delighted. This was the second time we've had the pleasure of staying here. The B&B is lovely in its Art Nouveau splendor and the breakfast is scrumptious. Linda and Bill are truly special people who obviously love what they do and make you feel very welcomed, very at home. We can't wait until I get the chance to go back.

Room Tip: They all are lovely and you can't go wrong.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was a very relaxing/enjoyable weekend. The drive was beautiful--trees were in autum splendor. The Oak room was divine--comfy, cozy and romantic. The view of the lake was an added attraction to the B&B. Breakfast was scrumptous--looking at the lake while eating was very peaceful. The breakfasts were delicious--Linda and Bill did a fantastic job. Their hospitality was tops--the choc chip cookies/cupcakes and coffee and tea throughout the day were nice additions. Bill was very helpful in finding attractions around the area. The grounds are well maintained and the walks around the area were very soothing. A wonderful weekend--we will return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
pineswhisper, Owner at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We were glad the weather co-operated with the beautiful fall colors when you were visiting. Thank you for your nice comments and we'll look forward to seeing you again and sharing our conversations.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our stay was given to us as a gift from our kids and a very pleasant surprise. As you drive up, the grounds are beautiful, and then the view of lake is just perfect. We were greated by Linda with a tour and then up to our room, music was put on and there was a plate of chocolate chip cookies! We scheduled a massage and that was just the icing on the cake! Relaxed and then we recieved a plate of cheese and crackers to have with our wine. The rooms are very nice, but the bed was not comfortable. I probably would have chosen a king bed if I had thought of it and a view of the lake from our room. But it was a beautiful day and lovely experience. The breakfast, both mornings, were wonderful!

Room Tip: I would have chosen a room with a king bed.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We’ve been booking in at B & B’s for about twenty years now, and this is one of our two all-time favorites, so good that we would make the 7-hour trip from our Philadelphia-area home to eastern Ohio just to stay at Whispering Pines. The utter quiet of the lake shore setting, the impeccably furnished and immaculately maintained accommodations, the creative and delicious breakfasts, the friendliness of the hosts, Linda and Bill Horn: these things, combined with the wide variety of activities in the area (horseback riding, boating, antiquing, etc.) make this B & B a perfect getaway. From couples seeking a romantic sojourn to poets looking for a quiet place to write, Whispering Pines has something for everyone: in-room whirlpools and gas fireplaces, a fire pit on the hillside where guests can toast marshmallows for ‘smores (ingredients supplied by the Horns), a well-stocked gift shop, a game room with an array of games that will take older guests back to the carefree days of their youth, and best of all, a tranquility that is balm for the soul. The Horns have thought of everything! A must for B & B lovers everywhere.

Room Tip: We've occupied two rooms, "Lily Pond," which has a lake view, and "Jasmine,"...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
pineswhisper, Owner at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Wow! I loved your review as much as you loved staying at Whispering Pines. Thank you so much - we really appreciate it. And we look forward to your next visit.
Linda

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We only had one night at Whispering Pines and the weather prevented us from renting a pontoon boat for the afternoon as we had planned, but as we arrived at the B&B the weather cleared and was sunny. The grounds are inviting with a little waterfall and several nice seating areas. This B&B is quite spacious with a breakfast room surrounded by windows all with a view of Atwood Lake. There is also a large sitting room with plenty of seating and lots of info on local attractions and restaurant menus and directions. Our room was very nice with an electric fireplace with two comfy chairs placed in front, a nice bathroom with a two person whirlpool tub and heated towel bar next to the walk-in shower. We had a small balcony with a table and two chairs with a view of the lake. The B&B is on a fairly quiet street that was great for taking an evening and early morning stroll. We saw deer on both walks.
Linda posts the breakfast menu on a board the evening before so that if you prefer something different you can make a request. Coffee and Tea will be delivered to your room in the morning before breakfast if you wish to enjoy it on your balcony. We had a delicious breakfast with pumpkin struesel cake, an egg dish and sausage and hash browns. I can't forget to mention the fresh chocolate chip cookies that were in our room when we arrived.
The bed was very comfortable and we found our room to be quiet and cozy. I would recommend a 2 night stay to take advantage of the lake activities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
pineswhisper, Owner at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Whispering Pines in spite of the rain. We appreciate all the nice comments and the recommendation of booking a 2-night stay and we'll look forward to seeing you both again. PS: I just made a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Inn itself was very pretty; nice grounds, tastefullyl furnished and a great
view of the lake. Our room was comfortable, though disappointed with the
tiny balcony you could barely stand out there, but the view made up for it.
The breakfast was good only on some of the days, one morning it left us
starving, very small portions and no seconds. The last morning it was
better and more filling with a couple of courses. Once when I could not eat
the side meat (sausage) I was given no choice for a substitue! The restaurants
are all far away, but did enjoy the Lighthouse Cafe as it had a great view as well
as good food and service. It weather permits, sit outside and enjoy!

Room Tip: Just be sure to select a room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
pineswhisper, Owner at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I am so sorry that you felt you didn't have enough for breakfast. If I had only known I would have gladly given you more. I am glad you liked the view and had a nice dinner at The Lighhouse Bistro.

Been to Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!