Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast
$59
$110
$61
$65
All reviewsatwood lakeb blake activitiesour honeymoonthoroughly enjoyed our staymemorial day weekendrelaxing staygreat roomlake viewlakeviewhostsohio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We booked a room at Whispering Pines for a last minute getaway and we couldn't have found a better place. The room was spotless, breakfast was great and the innkeepers were pleasant and always there for anything we needed. Our room had a fireplace and a private balcony where we could sit and enjoy a glass of wine and look at the lake. An inroom massage completed the experience. It was the perfect place for a romantic vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim1951
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The property is beautiful and clean. The rooms have jacuzzi's in them, but my problem with this was the owners said to us if you want coffee or tea in the morning go to the lobby to get it. I did so I am an early riser and woke up about 6:00 and went to look for the coffee/tea and the owner was coming down the stairs and said "what are you doing up so early". I immediately got this unwelcome feel when she said this as if she was suspicious of me. Later on when it was time for breakfast all the guest had to sit around the table like children and we were given kid sized portions. Understand if I was visiting a persons house I would not complain, but I was paying for stay I want some independence and I want to be fed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jadunnigandc
pineswhisper, Owner at Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

We do appreciate feedback from guests as it helps us to improve our services. First I'm glad you thought Whispering Pines was beautiful and clean and I hope you enjoyed all the amenities. I would like to address the concerns in your review.
Please be assured that 'what are you doing up so early' was just a light comment with no meaning intended. However, I will not make a comment like that again.
What could we possibly be suspicious of? We have been welcoming people we have not met into our home and business for 22 years and I can honestly say we have never felt that emotion.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'sitting around the table like children'. It's no different than sitting at a table at a restaurant. If I had known you were uncomfortable, I would have gladly moved you to a spot you preferred. Our guests really enjoy sitting at individual tables in the brand new breakfast room overlooking Atwood Lake.
'Kid sized portions' - our guests are usually very happy with the portions and some comment that we offer too much food. If we had been aware that you were still hungry we certainly would have offered you more.
I am puzzled by, 'I want some independence'. Each guest has their own room, private bath and a key to come and go as you please. Unless guests want to mingle with others they have total privacy.
I regret that you didn't take the time to express your concerns to us because it is important to us that all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable experience at Whispering Pines.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful B&B for our 47th wedding anniversary and it was everything and more then we had expected. It was like we were staying in the home of good friends. That is how, Linda and Bill, the owners of the Inn, made us feel. The Inn is gorgeous. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and it was so romantic and really lovely. The breakfasts we're just delicious, Linda is an amazing cook. It is a wonderful place for couples to unwind and spend quality time with one another. We feel we couldn't have picked a better place to have spent our special occasion at. Excellent Bed & Breakfast highly recommend!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Beautiful old victorian home, filled with antiques. Linda and Bill were very gracious hosts and breakfast was delicious. The property is beautiful and well maintained. Bill is always taking on another project updating the property. We stayed in the Iris room and it was spotless and very comfortable. If you are looking for a peaceful get-a-way this is the place. The only draw-back was unless you are willing to pay a boat-load for a pontoon boat rental, there isn't much to do in the area. We ended up driving about 7 miles to Magnolia to "Taggerts" for awesome hamburgers, fries and home-made ice cream. Awesome. We wandered around the town and enjoyed the history and architecture.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2011

What Linda and Bill have created is a true labor of love! We celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary here. The B&B is charming and cozy. The breakfast was amazing. The area naturally beautiful. There is a lake, boat rentals, a few restaurants with surprisingly really good and tasty food- The Lake Bistro and JC's Wine Cellars are good choices. This is one of those places were you go to relax and worry about nothing. Tips. Bring some wine and snacks b/c shops and stores are really a distance to travel. It was a pleasure staying here!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple