“Nice patio/open air bar area; ordinary food”
Review of Bun's Restaurant

Bun's Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 100 Restaurants in Delaware
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I really appreciate the tradition [Bun's was founded in 1876 or so as I recall]; after a major fire some years ago they did a great job updating, adding a large bar area that can open to the weather and patio seating. So I really wish that I liked the food better. However, it's just ordinary. The last time we were there, I ordered a chicken salad sandwich on croissant with sweet potato fries and a side order of coleslaw. (Excellent coleslaw, by the way.) The chicken salad was almost totally lacking in any flavor or seasoning at all, just bland chunks of chicken in mayo. Toasting the croissant failed to disguise that it was stale [not only was it not flaky and light - it was almost too tough to chew]. The fries were ok but somewhat soggy. My husband and I wanted just a little something sweet after lunch so we each ordered a cookie. One bite was more than enough. On the plus side, service was pleasant and attentive, although the young hostess was a bit snippy. The patio is very pleasant on a warm day. I imagine it would be a great place to have a beer and appetizers on a summer day, although I haven't tried that.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

A friend and I met for lunch today at Bun's Restaurant. Even though it was raining, we were able to sit on their lovely patio area. The menu had a nice variety of selections. I'm following a strict diet at the moment and the server was very knowledgeable in helping me with my order. I had the Greek salad with no feta and added shrimp. The salad dressings are made in house, and are fresh and healthy. My friend had one of the day's specials - a spinach salad with salmon. Both salads were good and plentiful.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Visiting friends, took us to Bun's. excellent specials, outdoor dining,friendly staff, excellent service, clean, busy. All around good. Moussaka special , walleye with onion and peppers.
Warm bread very good lemonade. They got everything right.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nice place with good food, but not as great as I thought it would be from all the recommendations and reviews. Not bad, just not awesome either. A little pricey.