“Pretty scenery”

Alum Creek State Park
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Delaware
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Being from Indiana and having so many lakes, rivers, and state parks to choose from, I was excited when I saw the signs for Alum Creek State Park near Westerville, Ohio. The reservoir is pretty with the marina. The beach is very rocky. We saw many people enjoying sailing and speedboating, along with the restaurant being open. We also visited the visitor center that has a walking trail and an inlet with grasses and a forested area. Excited to back again next year and maybe take out a boat/ go for a hike.

There are newer reviews for Alum Creek State Park

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We came here often as young kids and now we wonder what happened to the fun of camping here! We found litter everywhere including a chewing tobacco can left at our campsite, the neighbors are up all night and continue to make noise past quite time which is at 10:00 pm, f-bombs are dropped and curse words are flying out of peoples mouthes when children are present. Sketchy looking people are all over giving us looks and shining headlights into our camp ground. No longer a family friendly camp ground. :( Not in a hurry to return anytime soon, if at all.

5  Thank Kishkabob
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We have just completed a week of camping here. The sites are nice, very secluded and lots of trees. The facilities are alittle rundown, for a campground of this size they need more showers. But the main problem we had was the total lack of care or enforcement of rules. There is not supposed to be any alcohol allowed in state parks, yet the camp host has a trash bag full of beer cans in full view that sat out all week. A large group of college kids came in and were loud all night, then loud again in the morning, at 6am no less, and by 10 am they are drinking beer in the roadway. We have been here for 7 days and saw a ranger ONE TIME, and that was when he drove up and told the college kids to quiet down. Which they didn't. There are curse words scratched into the play equipment and all over the bathrooms. You get a not so nice crowd of big city people in here on the weekends, which can spoil it for families with young children. Not what we have come to expect from a state park. We will not be coming back.

2  Thank Cassieleemiller
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I participated in a triathlon event hosted at the beach area. The restrooms were the worst I have seen in the USA. I remember thinking I would have to go to a third world country's worst to find an equivalent.

This is not an appropriate forum to provide details but suffice it to say those facilities represent a serious disgrace and health hazard. Such a pity given the fact that the immediate surroundings are so pretty and potentially enjoyable.

5  Thank TravelNutFromPA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My kids and I go every summer. They love all the sand to play in and water to splash in. The cool part is I seem to find something every time I go. Our last visit I pulled up a set of car keys a guy had lost hours before. He was still walking the beach searching for them because he didn't want to tell his wife he skipped work.You would have thought the guy would have said here's $10 bucks or something but grabbed his keys and ran!