“Very dissatified - They were very rude.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Delaware
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Very dissatified - They were very rude.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

While I understand they are remodeling, which they need to do desperately, there disregard for me and my wife's security is unforgivable. Even after we notified them that folks, some were employees, were going out the end of hall entrance door at the end of the hall and "blocking it open with the floor mat" that is behind a door to separate it from the main hall so that the entrance door is not visible from the main hall of the first floor -they ignored our concern and allowed it to continue saying that some of the employees went out from time to time or some of the remodeling folks and that they needed to be able to get back in. My question was - "Don't they have a "security key", the same that is given to a guest so that "no one can get in that doesn't belong in there?" - No answer and to our complaint that was sent in to them - a form letter. The room had out dated furniture, the lights did not work over the spa, the toilet paper holder was falling out of the wall and the TV remote would not work.

1 Thank BigGavin
Arnold B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Big Gavin

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please forgive us as we strive to improve our hotel by renovating our facilities. We take every guest comments very serious and we try to accommodate all request with the best of our ability . Please contact our General Manager directly so we can discuss this issue.

Best Western Plus Delaware Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Medina, OH
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It was apparent that the hotel's website only showed pictures of the lobby, pool, and public areas since that is what looked the best. Was very disappointed in my room - it had torn carpet, door didn't close correctly, layer of dust on items in the room, outdated décor, lampshade cracked and dirty, etc. The are planning a renovation - but they need to totally redo the rooms to keep customer's satisfied. As a BW member with status, I should have received the best available room - I'd hate to see what the worst rooms look like!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arnold B, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear ScottWiley

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are the process of doing a full renovation at the hotel and it should be completed late February 2014 .We take every guest comments very serious and we will pass on your feedback you upper management as well . Please contact our General Manager directly so we can discuss this issue

Lebanon
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hotel undergoing renovations but not notified when making reservations nor at check-in. Exit doors repeatedly were repeatedly left propped open by staff. We were told it was so that the employees could go out and smoke without having to use a key card to re-enter. However, we never saw anyone outside the door as we exited.

1 Thank Proud2BAMarineMom
Dear Proud2BAMarineMom,

Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Confusion regarding my reservation status was quickly resolved (an earlier clerk had apparently registered us as already "Checked-In" before our arrival) - Thanks Kate! The room was generally clean, though slightly dusty; the furniture is dated but functional. Wireless internet (which I rarely use) was very sloooooooow. We were located on the first floor, and parking lot & hallway noise and lighting were seemingly always in the background, though faint. The shower was great! The full complimentary breakfast was superior to the standard fare. The hot tub was @ 102 degrees, but only 1 jet was fully functional, and 1 add'l jet tried unsuccessfully; 3-4 other jets had no pressure. The indoor pool was @ 79-80 degrees - a pleasant water temp on a hot day, but not warm enough in fall thru spring. Located near shopping with easy access to nearby major roadways. The staff were consistently pleasant and responsive. If the hot tub were fully operational, I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I suspect that second floor rooms are subject to less noise or external light; be aware there are no...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Arnold B, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear tominfairfield,

We appreciate that you have chosen us as your home away from home during your trip to Delaware,OH . Thanks so much for staying us . We value your option very much.

Best Regards

Zanesville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked this hotel room through Priceline about a month and a half in advance. The room I booked was a 2 queen room which I needed even though it was slightly more expensive then the king room, my father and I were staying here for a golf outing in the area.
When we walked into the room the "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarette smoke, the microwave looked like it had not been cleaned in months, if ever, and the refrigerator was leaking water out of the freezer. Half of the lights were unplugged and it was a king room, so back to the desk we went. I told the desk clerk the problem and showed her the print out conformation of our room. She looked at the computer and said well we are all booked it shows you as a king bed in the system there is nothing I can do....not so much as a sorry or anything. To this I responded that I needed the two queen room that I booked for some sort of compensation, half my money back would be nice since I only received half the beds. Once again I was met with there is nothing I can do for you. I asked to talk to a manager, was told no, and he would be in Monday. Asked her to contact him now because I needed to speak to a manager, she said im not going to call him and im not giving you his phone number. I was quite a bit away from home and was stuck....
I called Priceline and they transferred me to a few people to try to solve this, the best they could do was relocate me 10 miles away. Which would do me no good, so I simply had to bend over and take it, very very very disappointed....needless to say I will never stay here again or any Best Western for that matter. Seek elsewhere!

1 Thank Chris C
Dear Chris C

Thanks so much for your feedback. We would like to apologize that your stay was not very enjoyable. We strive daily to provide everyone with a great experience. Please contact our General Manager to address these issues personally.

Speak you soon

New York City, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

There were some very nice and helpful staff at the desk but we also ran into a totally rude and incompetent clerk. Breakfast staff was very nice and breakfast as such quite good - it is a Best Western and not the Ritz. On the surface the room and bathroom seemed very clean. However behind the bed it was very dusty (discovered this upon my bedbug inspection) and my husband has a dust allergy so this was not so cool. The beds were comfortable, room had a safe, microwave, refrigerator, iron & i. board - all totally well equipped. But the hotel as a whole has a run down feeling despite the fact that they are renovating. Example: first room we were in, the door did not close when we left, someone must have tempered with the lock but nobody seemed to have noticed... who knows for how long? Second room we were in there was a glass shelf to the side of the sink which was slanting downwards - stuff was sliding off of it and the rail below (attached to the shelf) came off the minute you touched it. Below the shelf were two gigantic holes which showed where the shelf had been previously attached probably without using proper hardware and these holes had not been repaired or filled with cement or silicone - just simply left a gaping hole. So all in all, I did not expect a luxury hotel - after all it was a Best Western - but even a budget hotel could be cleaner and a look a little less 'ghetto'. Other than that, our stay was quite pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Ann Marie L
Dear Ann Marie L

Thanks so much for your review . We are very sorry that your stay was less than perfect with us. We take your comments very seriously and we would love to discuss this further. Please contact our General Manager Mr. Nick Arora when you have a moment .

Best Regards

Best Western Plus Delaware Inn Team
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the third year that we had tickets and enjoyed The Little Brown Jug. The first time choosing the Best Western Plus Delaware Inn, Ohio. The check-in process was easy and the King Size Bed/room was very nice (beds very comfortable/clean). We stayed a total of 3days and the microwave/refrigerator (very clean) was used daily for food, etc. The room was clean better than some upper scale rooms I have stayed at over the past few years (A+++). The amenities listed are as described on the website (the pool was clean and well kept up (A++++). Enjoyed the weight room and hot tub daily (loved the hot tub) again especially clean. Internet was quick and easy to use. There is a Kroger’s/Walmart and a few restaurants close to the Inn

The only troubled we encountered was during the checkout and was a definite fail bad attitude pf personal/lack efficiency! The receptionist didn’t ask me for my name checking out just my room number. She gave me someone else’s bill. When I told her that I didn’t receive my discount she said I wasn’t listed under booking.com and had to pay regular price. I had my booking receipt in hand and tried to show it to her. She said she didn’t care and I would have to wait for management (2+ Hrs). I immediately started to call booking.com and told her that I wanted the number to customer service. At that time she asked me my name and suddenly found it (she didn’t apologize for her mistake or rudeness). There was several wanting to checkout and she was busy studying as her books were covering up everything else. I have seen this listed as a problem before and I have to agree (customer service F-).

Will stay again! Work on Customer Service-I saw new facilities coming up around you (could cause loss of business).

Room Tip: We had a middle room on first floor close to pool and breakfast room/weight room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arnold B, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear viccobu

Thanks so much for staying with us . We do apologize for the confusion with your reservation . Your comments are extremely important to us to continue improving our operations/customer service each day. We share your comments with the staff and use a training tool to us .

Thanks so much

Best Western Plus Delaware Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware
Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
#67 of 143 in Columbus

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware? Share your experiences!