“New Year's Eve and New Year's Day”

Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Delaware
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Normally, when visiting family, we stay at the Comfort Inn Delaware (formally the Super 8), but we were given a better rate at the Best Western; so we thought we would try it out. When we arrived at the hotel on New Year’s Day at 1:30 a.m., we were greeted with a smile and friendly service. Check-in was fast and uneventful. The hallways had new carpet and looked nice and clean. They have a pool and hot tub when you first walk in.

Our room number was 128, near the end of the hall a few doors away from the breakfast area. The room was CLEAN and UPDATED with nice bedcovering. The mattresses were comfortable and no beg bugs. There were some minor scratches on the furniture, which is to be expected with dark wood. In the room was a flat screen TV, with a remote that is cleaned (if you stay here, you will know what I am talking about), small desk with a chair, coffee maker, a padded chair, microwave, small refrigerator, iron board, and blow dryer.

The sink is located in the bedroom not in the bathroom. The bathroom was CLEAN but NOT UPDATED. The door had some white paint on it, and the toilet knob was busted as well as the side of the toilet. The shower curtain was clean.

Spending all day with family, we were exhausted and couldn’t wait to get to bed. Unfortunately, we heard teenage kids running back and forth above us until 5:30 a.m. I told my husband to turn the fan on in our room to block out some of the noise, but it only worked a little. We could have called the front desk, but we were too tired. I really blame the parents on this one, not the hotel. The second night, they had checked out; so no issues whatsoever. Next visit, we will ask to be upstairs.

Breakfast room was clean. They had yogurt, apples, bananas, four types of cereal, coffee, juice, sausage, bacon, hash browns, little muffins, bread, something that looks like an egg cheese omelet and a waffle maker that you can make your own waffle. When we arrived on New Year’s Day, it didn’t seem full of food as it did on January 2nd. They did add apple, cherry, and lemon filled danishes the next day, which were so good.

If you arrive on the weekends, they will have biscuits and gravy, too. Bridgette, who works in the breakfast room, seven days a week, was very nice and did a great job keeping things clean! My only suggestion to the hotel is to have bottle water. I don’t like getting tap water from the sink for me and my daughter.

If you don’t like their food or coffee, then go to Starbucks, which is right in front of the hotel. If you are wanting a big breakfast or more to eat, then go to Bob Evans, which is just down the street.

We had plan to use their pool and hot tub, which looked really nice and clean, but we found the pool room to be too cold inside (temperature in the hallways were warmer) and the water in the pool was cold too. It was 18 degrees outside that day, so that could have been the problem. My 10-year-old daughter was disappointed because we always go swimming before we head out. If this is important to you, check the temperature first before checking in!

Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank guidetolouisville
bwdelawareinn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank You for your feed back. We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable. Hope to see you in the future. Please call us if we can help you with anything. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Super friendly and helpful desk staff. Rooms are clean, and somewhat updated. The pool is nice. The exercise room is adequate enough, unlike some similar hotels in the area.

The location is great. Wal-Mart is conveniently next door if you need to park something large. There is a Chipotle within eyesight.

Breakfast is a little underwhelming; a few simple healthier choices would help out a lot. This isn't a big deal, as the hotel is such a great value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
bwdelawareinn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank You for your review. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We will see you next time you are in the area. If you need anything, just give us a call. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were traveling to Delaware for a wedding and staying 2 nights. The check in was very pleasant, our bed was nice, but thats were the pleasant stopped. Our room had alphabet cereal on the floor, finger nail polish in the bath tub, which still had a scum ring, the toliet was not clean. I showered on Saturday morning, before the cleaning crew, they did not replace my towel, did not take the dirty wash cloth and we still had alphebet cereal on the floor. But the worse is yet to come!!!!!! When I was dressing for the wedding I discovered my ring and necklace missing, yes I took it with me and the only people in the room was the cleaning crew. We had left our room for about 4 hours and this is what we came back to. The hotel management, to say the least, was not very helpful, other than to question me if I was sure the I had them with me. They did not call the local police I had to. We have not heard a word from them, yes I've called them, but they have not done anything to help out. The local police have been helpful and are trying to figure out what is going on. So my review on this hotel is not good and I HOPE that this does not happen to anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lmoreland11

We have apologized to the guest on the incident. We have done a thorough investigation along with the local police department and haven't heard anything back yet from the local P.D. Eventhough no direct evidence was found, we had to make decisions and employees were terminated so that there was no question of this possibly happening again. I will not go into anymore detail on this matter. Again, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Convenient to OWU. We usually stay further away but this was a pleasant surprise. We have already booked two rooms for OWU graduation in May 2013. The hot breakfast items were nothing special but adequate. The rest of the breakfast was great and the woman who works in the breakfast room was so friendly. The only problem was, she only had a small microwave to heat up the hot items so it took a while. The rooms were clean and comfortable. No smell of smoke in our two first floor rooms. Handicapped room was great for my elderly parents. Lots of grab bars. Just be careful of the slippery shower floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Deb E
bwdelawareinn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank You for your review. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We will see you next time you are in for OWU graduation. If you need anythingprior to graduation, just give us a call. Thanks again.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We arrived to a pleasant welcome and we were checked in promptly. Problems started when we tried to have a shower and found the towels with black stains and make up. We called the front desk and the gentleman promptly brought us some fresh supplies. He was the only bright spot.

The bath didn't look like it had been cleaned- with soap scum all over the place and strands of hair visible inside the bath. the toilet wasn't up to scratch either.
The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable.

The coffee machine had a good amount of dust resting on it. Perhaps, housekeeping had an off day but still unacceptable. I left this same feedback upon checking out and management have not even bothered to contact me via e-mail. Perhaps my complaint doesn't merit a response. Thankfully we stayed for one night only. BTW, breakfast wasn't up to scratch either. A stay of more than a night is not recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. The issues with your room was addressed with the housekeeping dept. and corrective action has been taken. We are also currently addressing the variety of items we have on our breakfast to adding more of a selection. I would like to invite you to come stay with us again if you are ever in the area. Thank You for your review, we use reviews like yours to better or property and guests stays.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed to be near the field for Major League Lacrosse game. Everyone in the family thought it was a great stay. The hallways were a little "old hotel" smelling, but we were pleasantly surprised by the room. The bedding was delightful, the refrigerator was nice, good microwave, decent hotel TV, good price, nice staff, no chance to swim but the pool looked nice, overall we'll be back next year as long as there is a Major league Lacrosse team to see!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Flowseidon

We would like say thank you and we are happy that everyone with your group was pleased with our hotel. As you wrote in your review, we will see you next year. If you need any help making your reservations, please give us a call. Thank You again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware
Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware
#10 of 145 in Columbus
Pacer Inn and Suites
Pacer Inn and Suites
#1 of 4 in Delaware

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware? Share your experiences!