“"Plus" upgrades”

Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Delaware
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times visiting students at Ohio Wesleyan. About the only change I noticed when it became as BW Plus, is improved bedding. The picture on the television was so-so and there was a bit of dust and dirt when I reached behind the end table to plug something in. Over all, we were satisfied with the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pghphil
bwdelawareinn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We hope you always think of us when you visit Delaware and decide to stay here again. If there is anything we can do directly to help with reservations please let us know.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I don't usually find Best Western all that great, but this place looks a little newer and nicer than most other BW's I have stayed at. Reception was friendly, rooms were clean and nice. The price range for this type of place doesn't always provide refrigerators and microwaves and I tend to eat light so leftovers worked for me.

On the flip side, there is no elevator so request first floor if you have heavy luggage. I have seen other comments about the non-smoking rooms being on the second floor and they may have changed that because I am on the 1st floor and in non-smoking with no issues of odors, etc. WiFi is free, but not a strong signal. Pillows aren't great but I've had worse but the beds were pretty comfy. Free breakfast but I didn't eat so can't comment.

Room Tip: 1st floor if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The desk clerk asked if the second floor was OK. I said yes. I was traveling with my wife and daughter on a week-long trip, so our bags were pretty heavy. In am 73 years old, and look it, and I had a bad back at the time. But the clerk never told me that there was no elevator!
I demanded a room on the first floor, and she complied. But the toilet in our room would not flush. I went to the desk seeking a plumber's helper and was given one. But it was a floppy piece of junk that was completely useless.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This hotel is close to Ohio Wesleyan University which is why it was chosen. The hotel is clean and the staff is nice. The problem is that the hotel allows smoking. To get to a non smoking room you have to go to the second floor with no elevator. Also, even though it is non-smoking once smoke is around a hotel it is hard to avoid the smell. Also, the printers in the lobby are for use to print boarding passes. Good perk but you have to pay for the paper for the printer-not a huge deal but inconvenient especially since there was not a clerk to be found to give me the paper when I needed to print. Also, no high speed internet in the rooms. The breakfast was nice the normal fare but the waffles were a good addition to the standard cereal. Not many choices in the area but it was affordable (used my AAA discount) and clean which is the main thing.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank stepford wife
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were visiting an area college and stayed here for one night. We had 2 queen beds in a room (non-smokking) on the first floor. There was a faint smell of smoke outside the room. (I believe the smoking rooms are upstairs). The pool looked nice, although I didn't try it. The location is great if you want to be near the town of Delaware. Plenty of restaurant choices nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MDtraveler51
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We often stay here when visiting relatives over the holidays. We can count on a good nights sleep here as the rooms are quiet and the beds comfortable. The breakfast is pretty standard, waffles, toast, bagels, cereal, juice and coffee with the always present TV. This place has a small but pleasant pool in a great room with floor to ceiling windows ( but it is always cloudy when we are there!)

Just across the plaza is a large supermarket and across the street are several chain restaurants. The only drawback to me is no nearby park. We often go to Highbanks Metropark to hike and walk the dog but it is several miles to the south.

The front desk service is always excellent.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian A
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed at this Hotel over Thanksgiving Weekend. Overall it was a decent stay. The location was very good, located by several shops, including the wal-mart, which is in walking distance. The beds were surpisingly very comfy for a middle to budget class hotel. Hotel looks to be a little older, but rooms were also pretty nice, probably refurbished not long ago. The indoor pool was also fun, and a nice get away from the cold winter air. They offer a decent continental breakfast; which included waffles, and hot sausage. Nothing fancing, but not bad. The gym they offer is joke with 5 machines, including a broken treadmill.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware
Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Polaris, OH
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware? Share your experiences!