“Don't even think about staying here!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Delaware
Augusta, Georgia
“Don't even think about staying here!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and daughter and I stayed here last night to attend a campus visit at OWU. When we arrived (8:30PM) there was no sign of the front desk staff. Turns out she was zonked out on the couch watching Sponge Bob in the lobby. The lobby and check in area are dark and dank smelling. When we finally got checked in, we had a room on the second floor of the two-story building. After we loaded the luggage cart we learned that there is no elevator! We had to unload the cart and haul all of our luggage upstairs. No carts upstairs, so we lugged everything down the hall by hand. This is a no smoking hotel but the hallway and our room reeked of smoke...even the sheets and blanket smelled of smoke. The room was musty smelling as well. The clincher was "breakfast'. I have travelled all over the world and I have never seen what I saw this morning. The serving trays had cold sausages and raw bacon on ice with instructions to "microwave before eating'. There was a half-full gallon jug of milk in the refrigerator for the cold cereal and the coffee was empty at 7AM. We would have left immediately after arriving, but we had already paid for late check in and didnt know any other hotel in the area. We had planned to stay the entire weekend, but checked out after one night and moved to the Comfort Inn down the street. The worst Best Western I have ever stayed in...across the country or across Europe. Drive on by and stay at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank francisfurillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband & I stayed at the Best Western Delaware Inn for 2 nights. We were attending a family reunion. Several other relatives (brothers, cousins, uncle) stayed there also. We arrived about 2PM, after a 7 hour drive. It was before check-in time of 3 PM and they didn't have a room available yet, but when we said we were hoping to take a nap, the check-in clerk called housekeeping to see how long it would be. Within 5-10 mins. they had a room ready for us! We were very happy.
The staff was always friendly. The room was very nice & fresh. Both days, after our reunion activities, a lot of us spent time in the pool.
The Inn is located right off the highway, next to a shopping plaza that had a WalMart & a Kroger, so we were able to get last minute items without driving around an area we were unfamiliar with.

Room Tip: We were in a first floor room, facing away from the street. It was very convenient, because this mot...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsKeebler
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I have recently stayed here. I'm now home today with an itchy rash on my arm...went to the doctor and he confirmed bed bug bites. I've already had orkin at my house today..what a disappointment.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank suedoe
bwdelawareinn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
In response to the reveiw on March 29,2011, we are proactive in extermination, with a monthly extermination schedule which sprays for ants, roaches, bed bugs, etc. We were never contacted by this guest about this problem. If we were we would have immeadiately taken care of the issue. We have had many inspections and we have never had even the smallest trace of evidence of bed bugs. I wanted to respond to this so other potential guest could read this information. Thank You
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Stay 2 night. Some problems in room. The manager changed our room due to bath tub cannot drain well. You got what you expect in 2 star business inn. Free Breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed here when visiting my son at the University and it ticked all the boxes. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and perfectly adequate. The breakfast staff even taught this novice Brit how to make waffles!! The reception staff were very helpful and friendly and spent time making sure I had the correct directions for driving to the airport at Columbus. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive (at most) from the centre of Delaware which makes driving to the University very easy. There is a small strip mall right next door for last minute purchases. It is good value and I shall be staying here again very soon on my next visit to Delaware I have also stayed previously at the Comfort Inn and although it was fine I definitely preferred the Best Western.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Calmcglaughlin
Grand Blanc
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid july 2010. Hotel was very clean, well maintained. Rooms were very nice. Pool was clean as well. Breakfast was good. Cereals, bagels, juice, coffee, cold hard boiled eggs. sausage and bacon you had to microwave yourself. No preheated hot food. Had a waffle maker too. Banannas and apples. My only complaint was the walls must have been very poorly insulated or the adjoining room doors were hollow because you could easily hear in detail, normal volume, room conversations in the next room. Luckily we did not have partiers next door or we would be up all night. It was almost like we were sharing a room with another family since we could hear all their conversations. Very strange. Very nice mattresses. Other than that great stay!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank onthemoveMichigan
North Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We have stayed here several times and never had a problem - we have family in Delaware. The person responsible for our room was slow and rude. After the first night we left at 10am and came back at 2:30pm and our room had not been cleaned. The housekeeper was in the hall and I gave her our towels and asked for clean ones, she said she didn't have any and would get them to us when she could - she did have them they were on her cart - I asked her for them, she was rude, she did not have any wash cloths and the woman down the hall said her cart did and she could have them, the housekeeper said she would bring them when she could I said I wanted them now.

The next day our beds were made (not neatly made) and we had a few fresh towels - no washcloths. The sink and bathroom had not been cleaned and none of the room surfaces wiped down. An ashtray we left full and coffee cups not cleared.

Carpets need to be cleaned in room and hallways.

I expect more when I pay for a decent hotel room. The hotel manager needs to address this lazy housekeeping situation. We will stay somewhere else next time - there is a nice Holiday Day Inn Express we saw on Route 71 not too far away.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delaware
Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Hilton Columbus/Polaris
#11 of 143 in Columbus

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware? Share your experiences!