“Very expensive IMHO”

Jewell Cafe
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Defiance
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The food is OK, standard for most places in this area. The ambiance is very nice and upscale, but rather dated at times. The service is superb. The kitchen is immaculate (I own a restaurant so I look at everything). The only negative I have is that the prices are really expensive. $20 - 30 for a steak is just oo much for most folks inthis economy.

There are newer reviews for Jewell Cafe

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My Pop liked to go here years ago and it still is a great place. The prime rib is delicious and it is very family friendly. The staff were real nice. It is very close to historic Defiance.

1  Thank gfarmer668
Reviewed June 18, 2012

A step back in time as you visit Jewell Ohio and its old gasoline pumps and station across the street...good food service and beverages...recommend

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We searched this place out after my wife mentioned having gone there years ago. Sure enough it was right where she remembered. We were early, around 4:00 pm, so even though we did not have a reservation on New Years they seated us and we enjoyed a very nice cut of prime rib with the fixings. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a unique place to have fine meal. Nothing fancy in the decor or building but damn fine food.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

great great great great great
jean is the best best best best waitress so fun nice and listens

1  Thank shipus