“Just like home!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Defiance
Elliot Rose Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Defiance B&B and Inns
“Just like home!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was the first b&b I have stayed at and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Nicole G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I visited the Elliot Rose Guesthouse for my birthday a few weeks ago. Diana was an amazing host and one of sweetest people I've meet in a long time! This was my first stay at a B&B and it was outstanding! The house is very elegant and very comfortable! The words "modern" and "charming" come to mind when i think of my experience there. There was a nice collection of movies and an assortment of food, drinks, and snacks. The backyard was peaceful and beautiful. I'm already trying to justify another reason to take a vacation visit again! Stay at this guesthouse and you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All the rooms were gorgeous and had their own personalities. I stayed in room G and loved it!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Whit R
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I came into town to visit relatives and were so pleased to stay at the Elliot Rose Guesthouse. Paul and Diana are the perfect couple to host such a beautiful gem in Defiance!
The decor is stunning- the colors choosen for the different rooms are so inviting. It's a little modern yet a little antique, which gives it a very comfortable feel. I even left wanting to "borrow" some of Diana's stunning decorative touches! They even have small touches of family photos throughout the house- done very tastefully. It lets you know how important family is to them, which makes a stay at the Elliot Rose feel like you are one of the family.
The sitting room is very comfortable with it's decor and seating. I would highly recommend to sit and drink a cup of freshly brewed coffee along with eating a scone in one of the chairs- they are so comfy!
Breakfast was just right to start our day- fresh brewed coffee, fresh fruit, and scones! The day we were checking out happened to be on the weekend, which granted us the pleasure to try Diana's mouthwatering quiche!
We stayed in the M Room upstairs and it was very peaceful. We liked the little touches of the fluffy robes and the carafe for water in the room. The bed was so comfortable and was much better in comfort than some of the highend hotels we have stayed at. We shared a bathroom located down the hall.
Elliot Rose Guesthouse was exceptionally clean and with the friendliest hosts in Defiance!
We are recommending all friends and family we know visiting from out of town to stay at this lovely home away from home- where you feel like part of the family.
Thanks for a lovely visit!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jamestown, NY
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Staying here has been an absolute delight. Diana and Paul have been so very kind as our hosts this week that it has made our trip away far more relaxing than we had any right to expect. We are a group of 13 that has come here for a week long volunteer ministry assignment. 5 of our group are children aged, 10, 7, 3,3 and 7months. The guesthouse has been named after the hosts grandaughter and as such it is completely child friendly. That being said, if you wanted to stay here and have no children, you would never know that tucked away in nooks and cupboards are toys, children's books and movies to keep them occupied. There are lawn games in the fenced in yard out back that gives them room to run and play while the tired adults swing in the double seat swing and listen to the cicada bugs singing thier songs! If that is not how you want to spend your summer afternoon, there is a cozy and well stocked library in the wonderfully air conditioned house. As our group has pretty much taken up the entire house, we really do have it to our selves. I do have to say that as the mother of 3 of the children, that has helped with being able to relax in the evening. We do not have to worry about whether or not the children will disturb other guests or even the hosts, since the hosts go home for the night. In a smaller town with a more rural setting, I was expecting much more simple acccomidations. It is more like simply elegant. Wi-fi is available if you need or desire. Very nice flat screen TVs in every bedroom (with DVD players). The decorating in very beautiful in a modern/contemporary look with very unique accents thrown in here and there. If you have forgotten something, the hosts have numerous things tucked away that are available. The bathrobes provided in every room are very high quality terry cloth robes. The bath towels are also of a very good quality. These are the things that stand out when you look back. The breakfst has been very wonderful every morning and as others have mentioned, the scones have been a huge hit with our group. We also were given use of the kitchens in the evenings too, since we are here for some time, which has helped our budget tremendously. Overall the accomitations have been top notch and the hospitality has been over the top. I would reccomend coming here just because.......not even neccesarily because you have to come to Defiance, OH. It would be worth staying here for a night or two (or more)

Room Tip: The best bathroom is down stairs with a very large tub for soaking away those cares.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This B&B is beautiful, relaxing and friendly. It is in walking distance of downtown Defiance where there ar a few antique stores and a coffee shop. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AimeeSanchez
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Elliot Rose Guesthouse is a gem! Stayed here while visiting family in Defiance - felt like I was staying in my own home! The owners are completely adorable and kind; they wanted us to have the best possible experience, and we did! We will stay here again - hopefully soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I think I can firmly say I will never stay in a hotel again after this experience. The owners are such a delight. You feel totally at home and at ease. Having tea and cookies for me when I arrive and breakfast made basically to order in the morning makes for a happy stomach, but the environment is stunning. The house is elegantly decorated but with the subtly of home. The location of the B & B is just on the outskirts of a lovely downtown which is within walking distance. If your looking for a place to stay in or near Defiance, OH. This is the best!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Defiance
Hampton Inn Defiance
#1 of 4 in Napoleon
Super 8 Defiance
Super 8 Defiance
#4 of 4 in Defiance

Been to Elliot Rose Guesthouse? Share your experiences!