Quality Inn
$69
TripAdvisor
$90
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone nighteggs and sausagecoffee potnice place to stayfront desk clerkrooms are cleanlinensmotel
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Was more than satisified with the room. No bad smell or oder. There is a sign posted about remodeling, but we didn't notice any thing wrong. I asked about later checkout, the clerk said how about noon, I said fine. No problem
The room was clean and well kept.Front desk was very polite, as well as housekeeping.
Wifi worked ok, just took a minute to hook up.
Will I stay here again? Sure, the next time I am in Defiance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Non-smoking room – stank like stale cigarette smoke and/or perhaps some type of chemical to cover up the smell of stale cigarette smoke.

Television – there was no on-screen menu. We had to go to each channel and try to figure out what show we were watching. Repeat on the hour. Needless to say we didn’t watch for long.

The beds were NOT comfortable.

Wi-Fi – it was available, but the process to access it seemed screwy. Had to ‘Join’ the network and had to agree to ‘Usage Agreement Policy”. I still couldn’t join. Then a screen with a telephone number came up for me to call for assistance (which I declined to do). I thought it was a tad weird to have to go through that entire process just to use their Wi-Fi.

The air conditioning unit didn’t have the option of continual operation. The room would cool down and the unit would shut off. Then the room (and we) would get warm and it would turn back on. All. Night.

After inquiring with the front desk clerk about the operation of the a/c unit, she said she’d have someone come up to look at it. We (silly us) thought she meant someone from ‘maintenance’.

In the afternoon we placed the DND card in the card key slot to take a nap. After relaxing for about ten to fifteen minutes (hubby was already sleeping) I thought I heard (I had earplugs in) someone knocking on our door and saying LOUDLY ‘Housekeeping’. I went and opened the door, saw the housekeeper and asked if she had been knocking on OUR door. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. She said she had – and was going to check on the a/c unit. I pointed to the DND card in the card key slot and told her we were resting. She apologized and said she’d come back. Well, she didn’t. When we came back late that evening our room hadn’t been attended to that day. My husband talked with the front desk clerk and her notes indicated that it HAD been cleaned. I am not sure – maybe they could do a little more training with their housekeeping staff so they know what a DND card means.

We didn't sleep well at night because of the uncomfortable beds and the a/c unit. Couldn't get in a nap because of the housekeeping staff knocking on our door.

Overall, it was NOT a good experience. We don’t have plans to go to Defiance, Ohio again, but we would NOT choose Comfort Inn unless there were no other options.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WantsAnUpgrade
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had a last min. reservation to make for a presentation I was making this weekend. I looked at the hotel options for the area to check for pricing and quality. I first called the Hampton Inn and asked if they had a military rate. Nope, but if I was in the "old aged pensioners" category ergo a paid up member of a left wing group known as AARP, or had a paid membership for roadside assistance with AAA, I could get a 10% discount off their $120 room rate. People we're talking about a standard hotel room-you know bed, towels, standard little bottle of hand cream, pooh and conditioner, and your standard average dime a dozen no frills breakfast...so I called the Comfort Inn. Imagine this, I got a room that looked just like the one at the Hampton, all the same little bottles of hand cream, pooh and conditioner, standard no frills breakfast, and for $81.

But that's not all, the folks at the desk were very nice, and very hard working Americans. In fact the desk clerk was also pulling extra duty doing the laundry as well. Even though there are renovations going on, the rooms were very quiet. You know else that struck me-they not only had a bible in the room, but small New Testiments that guests could take with them.

I don't know about you, but I travel a lot, and as a soldier, I won't stay at a hotel that won't provide me with the at least the same discount that they offer people based on their age, paid affiliations-esp. those with left winged political agendas , or other special groups.

If I ever go back to Defiance, I will first look for my room at this Comfort Inn.

Maj. L. Haines

Room Tip: If you want a better breakfast, there is a Bob Evans just a couple of blocks away that also has good service and good food for a good price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank CptBlackadder1
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My room was clean & quiet, check-in went well. Breakfast was average, not always refilled, but that could have been due to a large amount of teenagers that particular morning. Please be aware that there is remodeling going on & that could be a problem if you are wanting to sleep in. Everyone that I spoke with, including front desk & housekeeping, were very nice & helpful. I didn't use the fitness area or pool, but they were available. It was a little difficult to find the parking lot/driveway, but I found it on my 2nd pass.

Room Tip: Apparently there is no elevator, so if you have mobility problems, choose a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great overall experience :-), Friendly staff, clean rooms and convenient. Would stay there again. Couldn't ask for s better place to We only stayed 1 night but will most definitely stay again. Didn't use the pool but looked nice.

• Stayed: August 2013