“GREAT PLACE”

White Oak Inn Bed and Breakfast
East Bethany, NY
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We recently stayed here when we were picking up a new puppy from a nearby breader. We were very excited about the pup so we did not get to spend much time here, but we loved the place and Ian and Yvonne (and their dog) so much that we really want to come back in the Summer time or Fall. The location is outstanding if you want country/rural with great scenery. The room was very nice, the food was great and the owners are awesome. Wish we spent more time with them. Will definitely try to get back there again!

Room Tip: Avoid the Oak Room if you are plus size like me. The shower is very tiny (like a phone booth). Every...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Woiyvonne, Owner at White Oak Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you! Congratulations on the new addition to your home. Next time you come visit, check out one of our pet-friendly rooms in the guesthouse.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Skaneateles, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Spent a night at the White oak recently while touring through central Ohio. Our room was in the guest house in the back of the property. A clean specious room, very comfortable with a REAL wood-burning fireplace. No gas, just the real thing, all set up with wood and ready to light. Big king and super comfy. Breakfast was delicious, with home made muffins, an egg souffle, and some of the best peppered bacon I've had. Yvonne and Ian are wonderful hosts and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Cell service in the area is spotty, not such a bad thing for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank burger42
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently spent a girls getaway weekend with 2 friends at the White Oak Inn. We had a weekend package that included 2 breakfasts and a dinner one evening. We stayed in one of the 2 newer cabins on the property, which had 1 bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. The cabin was very clean and spacious and was stocked with water, soda and some snacks. We were told to bring our own wine, since it was a dry county and they supplied us with wine glasses and corkscrew. The cabin had a small fridge, microwave and coffeemakers. We went to the main house for the meals. The breakfasts were buffet style that weekend, with a different selection of breakfast casseroles, pastries and fruit each day along with cereal, oatmeal and muffins, etc. For dinner we had an appetizer, salad, choice of entree and dessert. We brought our own wine.
The owners were friendly and gave us several options for touring the area, depending on what we were interested in doing. The only drawback, was that there was no cell coverage on the property, actually not much in the area at all. This would not have been a problem, however, one of my friends was waiting to hear about a family member who was hospitalized and could only communicate with email or text when we were into one of the larger cities.
All in all, he grounds were lovely and the Inn's secluded location perfect to get away from "it all"!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bette B
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We are frequent travelers and always try to stay in local B&B's and Inn's. Our daughter is a freshman at nearby Kenyon so we found the White Oak. I am pleased to report everything was great. The rooms are very comfortable, the breakfasts are amazing and the hosts cordial. Yvonne and Ian made us feel very welcome, gave us directions to avoid local construction, and helped us with future reservations. A home away from home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
pittsburgh
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our second stay at the White Oak Inn. The Innkeepers are most gracious and helpful and the place is charming, friendly, rooms are spotless and confortable and the food is delicious. I've read some unfriendly reviews here and I can't imagine how people could complain about this place. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet retreat.

Margie & Rob Thompson

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had stayed at the inn many years ago and had always wanted to return. Ian and Yvonne (the owners) do a wonderful job running the place and go out of there way to make sure you feel welcome and have what you need. My wife and I stayed in one of their cabins last night with the two-person jacuzzi tub. We enjoyed the cabin and then the breakfast was great. The food was great and we enjoyed a really nice conversation with another couple as well as Ian and Yvonne. I was a bit surprised by the lack of cell coverage (not their fault) because I had fished and kayaked the Kokosing River close by a few months ago and I had good service while on the river. The WiFi works fine in the house if that's important to you. We talked about trying to get back there soon.

The cabin was really nice. I loved the bedding -- the sheets were ultra soft; they have a nicely stocked refrigerator with drinks and also provide other snacks in the room. There's nothing quite like splitting a bag of fresh popcorn while soaking in the jacuzzi tub!

Room Tip: IF you want a lot of privacy, go with one of the cabins. The rooms inside each have their own bat...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2013

After reading negative reviews about the Inn, I would have assumed the worst. Not the case. It was everything I had expected from the descriptions on their website. Quiet, comfortable, and in the middle of nowhere for relaxation. I travel to places such as this to get away from my mobile devices. Limited wifi? Who cares. No cell service? Who cares. My stay was most relaxing, which is why I went. Rooms cleaned daily unless you mention otherwise. My recent visit found us staying with a gentleman who had difficulty walking post surgery. His meals were brought to his room for his convenience. Now that's service! I didn't expect a tour guide for my adventures. I'm an adult and can entertain myself. Staff were friendly, and Yvonne and Ian are great with socializing and giving small history lessons on the area. My wife, and mother both enjoyed their stay similarly. Don't leave the city if you can't handle country!

Room Tip: The cottages are the quiet getaway you are looking for! Guest house also a quieter option. Main ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Landoll's Mohican Castle
#1 of 1 in Loudonville
Garden Gate Get-A-Way Bed & Breakfast
Mohican Lodge and Conference Center

Been to White Oak Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!