“Great food, rude people”
Review of Seoul Garden

Seoul Garden
Ranked #27 of 135 Restaurants in Cuyahoga Falls
Cuisines: Korean
“Great food, rude people”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The food is great as long as you are already familiar with Korean. If the younger make server is there you are in luck. If you have to deal with the set gentleman that is the owner then you better know what you want and don't ask questions. The worst part about this place is the beverage situation. It is self serve and it is cans and corn tea. I'd just like a tall glass of water all ready.

1 Thank Patiencep7299

Tallmadge, Ohio
“BBQ - simmered in garlic!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lost in translation perhaps?? I dined with a dinner group of about 20 people in that rather dive restaurant. We were all unfamiliar with Korean cuisine and the foreign waiter/server was of little help. "Hard broided" meant a stir fry sirved sizzling on a cast iron plate similar to fajitas. It looked wonderful but my "BBQ beef" was a dark meat (beef?) simmered with onion, scalions, and an over abundance of garlic. I leaned away as it was placed in front of me, dripping hot juice all over the server's arm and the floor. At least I knew I was safe from vampire and warewolves!! I would return and make a different selection. Intersting that 8 small side dishes were served for sharing for abour each group of 4-6 people. Drinks were self serve from coolers; sodas and beers. Checks needed to be requested or you had to go to the register without it and by the honor system tell what was consumed. Very different! Fortunately service was not too, too slow.

• Visited November 2012
Katy, Texas
“An Authentic Korean Gem”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A co-worker who knows that I've traveled a bit and like to try new and exciting foreign cuisine recommended that I try this place. And, having been to Asia a handful of times, I can say that once you walk through the door it truly feels like you're at one of any number of restaurants in Asia: A trio of Asian men in suits sit at a corner table, likely discussing their days over a boiling seafood hotpot. There's a smell of hot cooking oils in the air, much like what you'd expect at a hibachi restaurant. A TV on the wall is tuned in to a Korean golf channel. You hold up fingers to indicate your party size. The solo server/host nods and gestures to an open table. You take a seat at a table with a basket full of napkins, soy sauce, toothpicks and some advertisements for soju, plum wine, and some Korean beers. The server brings you a text-only, black & white printed menu full of foreign characters and a glass of hot rice tea. Short English descriptions next to numbers help you decipher the menu. A few pictures on the wall demonstrate a few of the menu items by number. You point to the menu items you want and with a nod, the server jots down a note heads to the kitchen to put in your order. The service is slow and a bit spotty. Your tiny glass of tea won't be refilled when it is empty, but there is a tea kettle at the front of the restaurant that I believe you can use to refill your drink. After 10-15 minutes, your meal will start to make it's way to your table. A handful of pickled vegetables and various kimchi come out first, a staple in any Korean meal. Then the main dish is presented, ours all happened to be served on sizzling iron skillets or in searing-hot stone bowls, adding to the aroma in the room. Though very authentic, the food is still dialed back for the weaker American palate. My bibimbap, for example was topped with a sunny-side-up egg instead of with a raw egg, as you would find in a traditional dish. And the spiciness of the chicken bulgogi was mild enough that my capsaisin-sensitive wife was able to manage. Even the bottle of red chili paste you are given to spice up your meal to your liking seemed to be missing a bit of the POW! you find in Asia. But, nevertheless, the flavors were spot on! For a moment, I thought I was back in the Far East and I savored every minute of it!

So, after all of this you may be thinking, why only 4 stars? Well, this place is worth the price for me, since it mentally transports me back to one of my memorable trips to Asia. But, in all honesty, it's quite overpriced for what you're getting. The dish that I would have paid $7 for in Asia, costs nearly $15 here. The service you're getting is not up to snuff with many other casual sit-down restaurants in this price range. The portions will leave you satisfied, but likely not stuffed or not taking anything home for later. There's simply a lot of room for improvement to be had in order to impress a run-of-the-mill diner. So, this isn't the place for everyone and I'm sure many people would be disappointed with their dining experience here, but for me... I wouldn't change a thing!

• Visited September 2012
Akron, Ohio
“information about the food and county's culinary tradition is needed before”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is one place where I did not know what I was ordering or eating because so much of the information is not easy to understand Reading about Korean food beforehand is a must because I did not understand the explanation given to me by the emplyees Travel books will not do the trick but books that explain how the foodis prepared will help for sure but i needed information about the foo\d itself. I was in a place of great nuttritional mystery with much confusion about what was being described to me on the menu. I needed more that three native Koreans to explain this matter to me I anot sure if I would have understood enoug to be sure to know what I was eating or ordering in the first place.This was a place of great nutritional mystery that I could not solve myelf. Take much time to read about this country's food adn make a visit with only the intention to sample the food and ask questions about it before you go there for a meal. You might save yourself many moments of confusion and disappointment.For this reason it is difficult for me to say much of anything about the food. I did not know what it was. I needed more than guide book For what I was eatign the pric\es were high but I did not know how it was prepared.or the ingredients. For this reason nutritional guidelines are needed. I can not say much about the atmosphere either for there seemed to be native Koreans there but I do not know for sure if they were return patrons or not. Many questions remain in my mind.

• Visited November 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you want to try Korean this place is amazing. All of my Korean friends say it's authentic Korean. For a first time...”
Reviewed December 11, 2007

If you want to try Korean this place is amazing. All of my Korean friends say it's authentic Korean. For a first time try the Bulgogi, the traditional beef dish. They also have around 5-6 sides that accompany every meal which can be replenished throughout the meal. Amazing food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook