“You can smell this place all round the building!”

Hibachi Japan Steak House
Ranked #11 of 135 Restaurants in Cuyahoga Falls
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Kent, Ohio, USA
“You can smell this place all round the building!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food isn't bad, it isn't great. It's just middling. I had sushi, while my companions all had the Hibachi entrees. I taste tested, and I really did like the Yakiniku marinated steak entrees. The chef was not very enthusiastic the day we went, but all in all, not bad. Nice place to go with a large group.

Visited October 2013

Waterville, Ohio
“Not so great...”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Twelve of us gathered here last weekend to celebrate a birthday. This was not our first visit to this restaurant. This time I noticed that the place looks "dingy". Maybe it's because of all the open cooking on the table-top grills, but the walls are dirty, the carpet is dirty, the bathrooms were marginally clean and the stall doors didn't lock securely. The walkways between dining rooms smelled musty, and a service exit to the outdoors was open to public view. Our chef did an OK job chopping and cooking the food, but he kept wiping his sweaty brow on his shirt sleeve. Two of our party ordered coffee ($3 each!) and they only got it after several reminders. I don't think I want to return unless this restaurant is updated and deep cleaned.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JamieD55
North Canton, Ohio
“Want to smell like greasy food? Go here”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a couple of times during the past four years. During a recent visit, I remembered why I haven't been back in a long time. The place is filled with smoke and tiny grease particles. The ventilation system is awful!!! The back room dining area is very warm and it became uncomfortable the longer we were in there.
I considered giving this place a ranking of two circles (poor), because the food actually tasted pretty good. However, we couldn't get past how extremely terrible the overall dining experience was due to the place being filled with smoke. As we left the restaurant, I smelled our clothes and wondered if they should be destined for the trash. Yes, we smelled that bad. We had to shower and change clothes as soon as we got home.

• Visited August 2013
Stow, OH
“Family fun”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was similar to other hibachi restaurants that we've been to. The food was tasty and the experience was fun. Our chef was friendly and he was skillful in his ability to toss food in our mouths! The only thing that we didn't like was that there was no tiramisu cake for dessert.

• Visited January 2013
Maumee, Ohio, United States
“Hard to find and dated”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Going by GPS the place was difficult to find. The area is not signed very well and until we drove around back did we find a parking spot and a sign.
Once inside the place was old and dated. Restrooms were horrible. The food was decent and the service was pretty good. I had the steak and chicken and it was pretty tasty. The show that we had was average with the same moves. They did nothing to stand out.

Visited January 2013