“Olives and pickles and shrimp, oh my!”
Review of Burntwood Tavern

Burntwood Tavern
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
ohio
“Olives and pickles and shrimp, oh my!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

A recent Sunday Brunch meet-up with friends was memorable thanks to the multiple add-ins available for the killer Bloody Caesars. Selecting your vodka of choice ( mine was cucumber) was also a nice option. The finished Caesar was a masterpiece and a meal in itself. Not to mention the menu of unusual and delicious breakfast/ lunch items to enjoy and the ambiance of this venue perched on the edge of the gorge. Unfortunately it was a cool and rainy Sunday afternoon so we had to pass up the opportunity to dine on the outdoor patio. The weather didn't prevent others from coming by. The restaurant was very busy so I would strongly advise making reservations. Moderately priced but well worth it IMHO. We look forward to returning for dinner in the near future.

• Visited June 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I came here this evening after a long day on the road and it was exactly what I needed to decompress. We requested to sit on the deck that overlooks the river an despite it being dinner time were sat promptly. My boyfriend got the burntwood burger and I got a salmon wrap. We had the tavern tots as an appetizer, too. The food was delicious, definitely tastes like it's cooked on a wood fire. His burger was delicious. The tavern tots though were recommended by the complimentary valet person and it was an amazing recommendation - they were so good!! A must try! The service was up to standard, we had multiple people check on us throughout our meal and they even turned the heating lamp on for me when the sun started to go down. Overall we were very satisfied. Next time we will try some of the very raved about drinks!

Kirtland, Ohio
“Sunday dinner and drinks.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were a half hour early for our dinner reservations for six. The hostess would not allow the four of us to sit at a vacant table in the bar area, stating that "it was for customers with out reservations". We just wanted to get a drink while we waited for a table. The bar was full no place to sit, two of us are over seventy years old. The bar maid was absolutely outstanding. She was quick and the drinks were perfectly made. After we were seated the waitress was prompt and took our appetizer and returned with a round of drinks. Soon after the drinks the appetizers arrived. We had two orders of calamari an order of tater tots and taco chips. The appetizers
were very good, the tater tots were deep fried mashed with a tasty seasoning. Everyone stated their main course was very good. Except my fish almost lived up to the name of the restaurant (Burntwood). The fish was dry and hard. The over all experience was good. If the occasion arises we will go back for an other try.

• Visited June 2014

Good Drinks, Good Food, Great Staff
Local entertainers on Thursday and Friday nights, Nice outdoor space

Visited May 2014
Wooster, Ohio
“We had a wonderful time”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We discovered this place through Internet searching. We arrived at about 3:30 PM, in time for happy hour. We took a table on the patio. It seems the patio is suspended over the rippling Cuyahoga River. This location, alone, scores points from me. My wife had a Mojito and I had a Great Lakes Monster IPA. Both were great and hers was at happy hour pricing. For our meals, she had gespacho and the Margarita pizza. I had the Angus burger with hand cut fries. My wife raved about hers and mine was very good. The fries would have been outstanding if they would've been served sans salt, as I requested, but they came salted. Our server was a bit slow, as well. Overall, we are excited to give this place another try. It won't take much, one way or the other, to win our loyalty, or our dismay.

Visited June 2014