“Disappointment as I expected more”
Review of Village Gardens

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Village Gardens
Ranked #24 of 142 Restaurants in Cuyahoga Falls
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had eaten at this restaurant some 20+ years ago shortly after it opened and had good memories of my experience. Took my Mom there on Sunday morning after church, and they are obviously doing well as they were very busy. The disappointment was that our waitress, Marge, was rude, they had no fruit even though it was listed on the menu (no fruit in August?), and no apology for the omission. Ordered our food, and the a Eggs Benedict was great, and the Feta Cheese Omelet, that they say is their specialty, was mediocre. We were further disappointed that the Hash Browns we ordered never came. I brought it to Msrge's attention and again no apology, just a shrug of her shoulders and she walked away.

While checking out, the cashier asked us how everything was and I told her not so great. I explained that we never got our Hash Browns, brought it to our waitress' attention and she did nothing about it. Cashier said, "Well, sorry, but we are kind of busy." I told her that is no excuse, and to have a waitress ignore us about it is totally inexcusable. We tipped appropriately, but will not go out of our way to visit again.

I wish them continued success, but time for Marge to do the dishes and not interact with customers.

Fritz P. Owen

3  Thank fritzpage

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We love to eat here. The food is so good. On Thursdays, they have spinach soup that is sooo good. I don't even like spinach. The owner, Tom, will come around and talk to guests when he is there, which is a lot. After a couple visits, it's like family. There is nothing pretentious here. Good food served by nice people.

1  Thank Cld1966
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We have dined here 6 times. The quality of waitresses are variable. Often there are not the correct number of utensils on the table to match the number of diners. Then when you ask for silverwear, your food gets cold. Then the waitress looks a little put out to get the utensils and blames it on "them" for not preparing the table correctly (rather just solving the problem)
The food is average , but is congruent with average prices.
The floor boards rattle and are not solid when walking in the dining area. Overall, a very average experience that would only attract loyal locals. I don't think it can attract new customers that would drive very far.

1  Thank Muzzlepup
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great family restaurant; we go here a couple times a month; has a good size menu selection. The meatloaf sandwich is excellent (Monday only) and the Cuyahoga Falls burger is huge. The soups are very good too. They also have a small bar with a good beer selection. The prices are very reasonable for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

1  Thank raycap
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a cozy little place that will not disappoint your appetite. They have all the regular breakfast items and MORE. You have to try the stuffed french toast, stuffed with cream cheese and jelly, it makes for a beautiful start to the day.
The coffee was good, the service was good, and the atmosphere was very warm and friendly. Definitely coming here again.

1  Thank Mur_Js