“Excellent food with a welcoming atmosphere!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Village Gardens
Ranked #18 of 133 Restaurants in Cuyahoga Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Akron, Ohio
“Excellent food with a welcoming atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We love to eat here. The food is so good. On Thursdays, they have spinach soup that is sooo good. I don't even like spinach. The owner, Tom, will come around and talk to guests when he is there, which is a lot. After a couple visits, it's like family. There is nothing pretentious here. Good food served by nice people.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cld1966

“Hometown diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We have dined here 6 times. The quality of waitresses are variable. Often there are not the correct number of utensils on the table to match the number of diners. Then when you ask for silverwear, your food gets cold. Then the waitress looks a little put out to get the utensils and blames it on "them" for not preparing the table correctly (rather just solving the problem)
The food is average , but is congruent with average prices.
The floor boards rattle and are not solid when walking in the dining area. Overall, a very average experience that would only attract loyal locals. I don't think it can attract new customers that would drive very far.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Muzzlepup
Ohio
“Good food and very reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Great family restaurant; we go here a couple times a month; has a good size menu selection. The meatloaf sandwich is excellent (Monday only) and the Cuyahoga Falls burger is huge. The soups are very good too. They also have a small bar with a good beer selection. The prices are very reasonable for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank raycap
Missouri
“Amazing stuffed french toast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a cozy little place that will not disappoint your appetite. They have all the regular breakfast items and MORE. You have to try the stuffed french toast, stuffed with cream cheese and jelly, it makes for a beautiful start to the day.
The coffee was good, the service was good, and the atmosphere was very warm and friendly. Definitely coming here again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mur_Js
Cleveland, Ohio
“Disappointed with the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is a neighborhood restaurant celebrating their 25th year in business and they do quite well. I visit occasionally but would not consider myself a regular. A few weeks ago I went twice, once with our two youngest children and then again a few days later with our oldest son.

On the first visit it was 4:00 in the afternoon and there were only a few other tables with people at them. We each had cheeseburgers and French fries and I also ordered a cup of soup. We each stressed - NO MAYO - on anything.

Our waitress brought our drinks first and we waited a long time for our food order. Longer than I thought we should have considering the restaurant was nearly empty. I kept waiting for my soup to arrive as it is usually served before the rest of the order. After a pretty long wait our order arrived. I asked if she had forgotten the soup, and she had. Plus, one of the burgers had MAYO on it. This sort of ruined the experience for us. After returning with a mayo-less burger I will say the burgers were tasty and the fries were excellent. Soup....not so much so. It was cabbage soup. I got the feeling our waitress was more interested in other goings on in the restaurant than it taking care of us. But, the food was delicious.

A few days later I visited again with our oldest son for a Saturday breakfast. The restaurant was crowded as it usually is on a Saturday morning. A different server helped us this time. We both ordered omelets and a side each of their home fries which is supposed to be a specialty of the house. The meal was disappointing. The omelets were dry and cooked hard, even a little burned. The home fries were ok but certainly nothing to promote as a house specialty. And our server.....well, actually worse than the one I had earlier in the week. I do not recall that she ever came over to ask how our meal was and she never did offer either of us a refill on our beverage. The owner, Tom, is a great guy and practically lives at the restaurant. He has built it from nothing to a very good business during his 25 years. The food is usually very reliable and they do have daily specials. I would go again, but hopefully they retrain their servers from time to time.

• Visited August 2013