“Ask for a table away from the door....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Moe's Restaurant

Moe's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United States
“Ask for a table away from the door....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

Like the reviewer before mine (zaxes), we went to this restaurant that same Saturday night (the night there was the loud table, which while loud, was not too bothersome to us). Unlike zaxes, however, I didn't find the room we were in (the main room as you walk in the door) cozy at all. We were seated right in front of the main entrance door and it was a very cold night; a couple of us had to eat our entire meal with our coats on. My friends arrived before us and asked for a different table but were told they'd need to wait so they chose not to. Actually, in looking around the room we were in, most tables seemed to me to be not much more desirable; they are mostly either near the front door, the kitchen door, or in the path of traffic. There is another room, with the bar, that looked a lot nicer.

From start to finish we were at the table for three hours, which was ok because we were visiting with our friends but there was a very long wait for our salad. When our meals did come out, a couple of them were on the coolish side also, as zaxes mentioned. Must have been something in the air that night.

I would have gotten an appetizer but the thought of eating mussels while wearing my coat was unappetizing so passed on that.

At the end of the meal the woman who seated us asked us how our experience was. We told her how we were cold throughout the meal. She explained it is right before the holidays and that they were busy (I had made my reservation quite a while ago). She also said "next time, ask for a table that is not near the door". She did comp the rest of the table for dessert. It was a nice gesture, unfortunately, I hadn't even ordered any!

Unlike zaxes, for us, there won't be a next time. While my food was fine there are too many restaurants to choose from to go to one where you have to wear your coat throughout the meal.

• Visited December 2011

• Arabic first
cleveland
“A small friendly place with potentially good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

This last Saturday four of us had dinner at Moe's. The good news is, it is cozy and friendly. The bad news is, there was a table of eight that was so loud that it was hard to talk. Due to the layout and the size of the room a loud crowd makes itself known.
The menu is wonderful. Also there are nightly specials.
The salads were nicely prepared. I especially liked the Caesar. The only glitch was that three of the four main courses came out cold. Unfortunately, two of them were fish dishes and the reheating of them cause them to be dried out.
Do not be dismayed, we will be back.

• Visited December 2011
Cleveland/NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality of food and menu needs work and more focus.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were a party of 16 people celebrating the 75th birthday of one of our party members, the service was good but the quality of the food and selections missed by a long shot. The Asian inspired calamari appetizer fell short, it was presented spaghetti strands style with a spicy tomato based sauce. It lacked the delicate balance of sweet, spicy and sour. The beef tenderloin was tough, the salmon was farm fish and lacked flavor, the gnocchi was heavy and not very satisfying. We were sadden that most of our party was unhappy with the quality, and preparation of the food. For the price I would go else where. I think the chef needs to balance his flavors, menu selection and food paring a bit more
if he wants to stay in business.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Lorider3
Tallmadge
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

One year ago my husband and i got married and went to Flemming's out in fairlawn. yes the food was good there, we wanted something different and new resturant for our annv. so we went online to see what resturants we around, Moe's popped up and we went this evening Oct. 29,2011. He had the Salamon and I had the duck. This was by far the BEST food I or my husband have ever had when going to a resturant. much better then even Flemming's. I just can't believe we never ever heard of this place before, It was only a short drive from our home. I came home with left over's and even with the left overs they are still just as good as they were eating there. I would recommend this place to everyone. The staff was Awesome as well. Thank you for such a AWESOME AND WONDERFUL experience. We will definatly be back in the future and will tell others.

• Visited October 2011
Ohio
“Always provides interesting menu choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We have dined here frequently over the past six years. It offers fine dining without ostentation. There are always items that are inventive along with old favorites. The service is efficient without being intrusive. The restaurant is among the best in the NE Ohio area and has been so over a substantial period. Usually has a an interesting selection of wines (by the glass) and beers (bottled only). Mildly pricey

• Visited August 2011