“Great Atmosphere, Terrible Drinks”

THE OFFICE Bistro | Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
THE OFFICE Bistro | Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 138 Restaurants in Cuyahoga Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Office bistro | bar is a from-scratch kitchen serving quality food and drink to local and international clientele for over 10 years. We value each and every patron and expect the best from the staff to reach that goal. The Office bistro | bar, located in the heart of the Cuyahoga Falls entertainment district, offers a polished casual dining experience, serving robust new American dishes along with a wide selection of cocktails, craft beer and wine. Featuring a loyalty program that lets you earn points toward your next visit, a happy hour offering food and drink specials and a private dining room available for business functions and special occasions. The Office Bistro | Bar is the perfect place for lunch, dinner and cocktails
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
“Great Atmosphere, Terrible Drinks”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went there on a Friday night.... there was no problem getting a booth in the bar area. The service was prompt and very friendly - I give good marks on the service overall. My date ordered a McCallan Scotch, single malt 15. I ordered a dirty martini, ketel one vodka with blue cheese stuffed olive. He seemed happy with his scotch but hey how can you mess up a scotch. My drink on the other hand was the absolute worst dirty martini I have ever had. I tried to fix it by adding more olive juice but there was no fixing it, it was terrible and I am not that picky (I don’t' think)... I did not finish the martini and I ordered another drink (crown and ginger) which was perfect. We ordered a few appetizers which were very tasty (sauerkraut balls, calamari, potato croquettes)... Now the reason why I gave this place a 2 rating is because I went back the following weekend with a girlfriend and ordered a basil mojito and it tasted like straight sprite...it was terrible. I think they have allot of work to do on their drinks and I think that one of the reasons people go to the office is for a fantastic cocktail so in that respect, it is a total let down. That night I also ordered the Chicken Farfalle which lacked flavor all around...For the price of $16, I was expecting a much better dish. Presentation was beautiful but the flavor just wasn't there! I would not recommend going to this place for a specialty drink. However, if it's a simple scotch or crown & ginger or a beer - they are a good choice. The Apps were fantastic (however, they were all fried so how can you really mess that up) and the meal was disappointing. I hope they get it together as the office off state road has always been stellar with their mixology!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mindy M

Akron, Ohio
“Upscale, hip”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Office at it's new second location in Cuyahoga Falls is a good addition to the neighborhood. The decor is very nice. I was there for brunch with a group and had a salad and potato galettes, which were both good. Everyone seemed happy with their meals. I think the restaurant is trying to attract an upscale clientele but stay somewhat casual and hip. I would say it's a good bet for date night, birthday, business lunch, or similar occasion. It's a little pricey for me to go there regularly.

Visited February 2013
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time with business colleagues and we all enjoyed the meal. Friends had told me how great the food is and they were right! The menu is varied...something for everyone. We had the salmon entree (excellent!) and other diners enjoyed the scallops. The salads were great, too.
The only reason this place didn't earn a "five" from me was the actions of the waiter. First, he came up to the table and started talking to us immediately, interrupting me mid-sentence...a real pet peeve of mine. While the service was always attentive and friendly, he reached across the table from the aisle to refill the water glasses (which he kept filled), instead of approaching from behind the diners) and nearly hit me in the head with his hand a couple of times...a bit awkward.
All in all, though, I liked this place and would definitely come back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dan556
Ohio
“$18 Fish & Chips at Lunch Time”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wow, what a disappointment. It was over 10 minutes after being seated before a waiter asked what we wanted. We were there at lunch time but there was no lunch menu. We had to pay dinner prices at a Bistro!
The fish & chips cost $17.95 and when they came there wasn't even a side of cole slaw. The tartar sauce was thousand island dressing, what's with that? The waiter said that's the only kind they had. The fish had a very strong flavor and the batter was an inch thick all around.
We won't be back.

• Visited March 2013
NE Ohio
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We ate at the bar. It had a pretty good size crowd for an early Friday night. Good beer menu, in fact very good bee menu - the wine was ok. We had the short ribs and a burger. My husband said the burger was great, the short rb's were good, just not incredible. We will be back for sure- if nothing else, to see Freddie.

• Visited March 2013