Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Economy Inn(Cuyahoga Falls)
Courtyard Akron Downtown(Akron)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrailroad tracksfront deskrooms are cleanwafflesbreakfast roomnice hotelbreakfast stafffree breakfastlight sleeperenjoyed my stayan upgradeshopping and restaurantshot tubi highly recommend this hotelhotel is locateda great staythe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here in July for a few days and really enjoyed my stay.I was in town to see Iron Maiden at the Blossom Center.The Blossom Center is 16 minutes from the hotel.This hotel is just off of Hwy 8 and it was really easy to get my way around.They have a lot of restaurants and stores down the street on Howe ave.The rooms were really nice and comfortable,and the free breakfast was nice.Only problem was I could`nt get the wireless internet to work.They gave me a cable for internet and that worked.If I ever go back there I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We just got back from a two night stay (6/24 +25) and I have to say we were very pleased and it worked out very well for our needs. First off we booked it for our family of 6 so we had one of the larger rooms (309 I think) which had two doubles and a sofa sleeper. We found it to be very roomy compared to other hotels with a similar set up. We were working a convention in Akron and short drive to the convention center worked out really well. I think it was 5-10 minutes max and that's with a bridge detour right now.

They are finishing up a decor redo so my biggest complaint was the lighting in the room which I'm sure will soon be remedied. Our desk/sofa area had no lighting which made reading impossible. We were told when checking in that they were undergoing changes and that they were almost complete. The other thing that looked "missing" from the room was pictures above the beds which was not a big deal to us. The only other annoyance was the window was constantly steamed up from the air conditioner.

Our room had a refrigerator and microwave which was very convenient. I also appreciated the fairly large counter area with the coffee maker that allowed me to prepare sandwiches and things easily.

The kids loved the pool and hot tub. I would have liked the hot tub about 10 degrees hotter but it was still nice after a long day on your feet.

We enjoyed the breakfast each morning and it was pretty much the same both mornings. The only difference I noticed was they removed the waffle maker station on Saturday morning that had been there Friday. It has the typical breads (muffin, bagel etc...), yogurt, bananas, biscuits and gravy, cereal/oatmeal and hard boiled eggs.

Staff was friendly and helpful. The girl at the front desk even got cookies out for my kids when they weren't out in the lobby yet.

Our room was quiet and I didn't notice any railroad noise but we were on the parking lot side and we do always keep our room fan on low which creates some white noise.

We plan to stay again for our next Akron convention.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Hotel is located next to busy rail line. Stopped counting at 12 trains AFTER midnight. Noise from some trains shook windows. Wife fell in bathtub because non-slip strips were worn smooth. Refrigerator in room very loud. Front desk objected when I indicated I was going to unplug it. . . it literally was louder than the trains outside when the fridge kicked on!! Completely restless night.

Young woman at front desk was same at checkout and check-in. . . ambivalent at best and rude at worst! As I attempted to check-in , I was treated to her argument on the telephone with a hotel supplier. After several minutes, she got around to me. At check-out, she did not inquire how our stay was so I volunteered that it was the worst night in a hotel I had ever spent. Never inquired about my wife after she was advised wife had fallen in tub due to lack of non-skid strips. Frankly, front desk clerk gave the general imprssion she did not generally care about much of anything. As the first person a customer has contact with, front desk clerk was a poor ambassador for this hotel. I did speak with some of the housekeeping staff and they were pleasant and friendly. Maybe the hotel manager should consider switching young woman at front desk to housekeeping and put the friendly housekeepers at the front desk. This was my first stay at a Carlton property and will likely be the last if this hotel is indicative of the quality of the chain in general.

In summary, if you are looking for a quiet, restful night in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, this
IS NOT the hotel for you. I travel extensively and have not written a poor review of a hotel in over three years. This hotel was bad enough that I thought it worth a few minutes of my time to warn others.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CincyXC
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I reserved a guest room for our family (couple plus 3 kids) by calling the Country Inn and Suites 800 number. The operator said that the room would have a king size bed, a queen pull out sofa bed and a rolling bed. However, there was no rolling bed when we got there. At the reception they said that the only room left was small and putting a rolling bed would be a fire hazard. Unlike the guy at the reception desk, the Customer Service representative at the 800 number were very polite, although they offered no acceptable solution (the closest one being to put the rolling bed in the room even if it was supposed to be a fire hazard). Adding the lack of a bed, the fact that at this time it was already past midnight and the noise from the adjacent road and train tracks nobody slept well. I couldn`t even get extra towels (the room had only two), although I asked several times. Summing it up: I paid an expensive room assuming it would sleep five persons but I got something different. Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank GLG119
Reviewed August 2, 2009

The hotel was clean, smelled clean, and remained clean. Everything worked, the staff was courteous, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Despite being 30 yards from a busy rail line, and having several girls softball teams staying at the same time, the noise was minimal and we were not disturbed at all (except by the trash truck - which was kind of like being at home).

The suite really was a suite, which was a pleasant surprise, since the last hotel suite I'd had, at an Altoona Best Western, just had a little wall between the two beds. This was a nice room, with a microwave and refrigerator which was cold enough to make ice. The pool was small, but very clean, and we about had it to ourselves in the morning.

Overall a very pleasant stay, which was really emphasized when we stopped at a Holiday Inn on the trip home, and heard every truck on the turnpike, every cube in the ice machine, and every person who walked past our door.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family