“nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Camden, Michigan
“nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and stayed two nights. Hotel was clean and no real issues. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast was ok, but no waffle maker, which seems to be the norm at most places. The only negative thing we experienced was the beds. It was too hard to my wife & my liking. woke up with sore backs. For a newer hotel, the bathrooms were a little on the small side too. The kids used the pool and hot tub and said it was nice. Water was very warm in the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Moore, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

As a "road warrior" I look forward to the little things when staying at a hotel. This is the first time I have stayed in a Country Inn & Suites, I really must say I am impressed.

The check-in was great, I was given an upgrade without even asking for one. I am staying here for an unexpected extended business stay, the bed is very comfortable, quiet rooms and great staff.

The staff is really nice, they go above and beyond to make you feel very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

we booked a room here to attend the induction ceremony at the Pro Football Hall of Fame down the road in Canton. We had stayed at other Country Inns and this one was similar. A clean, comfortable room at a fair price. When we are traveling we always try to stay at a Country Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Really enjoyed this stop on our way home from camping. A great night's sleep in a very comfortable bed in a quiet location. The pool was small and a bit cold, but the hot tub was great - clean, big and warm. Thanks!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elissa B
Croswell, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a nice and clean property. Very inviting and a happy, personable staff. The pool was a little small but refreshing all the same and hot tub was wonderful. Nice breakfast in the morning and the lobby had lemonade and cookies out all day. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary Lee G
Niles MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This remains one of our favorite Country Inn and Suites as you can see from my previous reviews (they usually list them at the bottom, after this review.) This time however our first night sleep was interrupted.

All was well at check-in. They've added a cute water picture in the lobby which they float fruit in (when we checked in it was raspberry) which I guess is part of their "new look". I love flavored water and often have some in my fridge at home so nice addition IMO. Once we got to room all looked well.

At around 4 a.m. the air conditioner loudly woke us up (don't know if it was getting progressively louder or if it was an all of the sudden thing as we were sleeping.) It honestly sounded like a freight train. My daughter got up and turned the temperature up. She was half asleep. About 1/2 hour later, bam, it came on again. I got up and turned it off. With it off it was easy to hear everything (the alarm in the next room, noises in the hall..)

Got up around 6 and went down to breakfast. Stopped at front desk. Of course they were fully booked but would have maintenance come look. Luckily they most have because when we arrived around 8:30 that night it seemed to work fine and we got a good night sleep on our second night.

Except for that all was as usual. We love that Chick-fil-a is close by and it's convenient to the convention center. Again...we'll be back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Decided to treat myself to a weekend hotel stay. Room was fine until later in the evening when the smell of cigarettes (hotel advertises as "non-smoking") permeated the room. The following morning, I informed the front desk about the smoke. Their response..."oh, we don't tolerate anyone smoking in our rooms. We will look into it, and If we find out who is smoking in the room they will be charged an additional fee." But, there are tables (with ashtrays) in front of the hotel where people are allowed to sit and smoke. So, it seems you can smoke there...just not in the rooms. Since my room faced the front part of the hotel...well, that explains where the smoke was coming from.

The next morning, I asked to be moved to another room. They put me in a suite...oh my goodness, no smoke smell - but problems there also. The air conditioner was loud, the sheets did not have a clean smell, someone left an alarm clock on that went off from 6:00 A.M. for several hours, and the carpet was stained.

What a wasted weekend! I should have stayed home and slept in my own bed...would have saved $300. The only two good things I can say about this hotel is the breakfast was decent, and there were two very nice, helpful ladies working in the breakfast room. Would I go back there? Absolutely not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!