“Excellent hotel - with one exception”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Reviewed August 24, 2012

In almost every respect, this hotel is perfect. We (three couples) were spending four nights in Akron for a PGA tournament. Hotel prices are typically very high for this week; and I was surprised when I found rooms here for $99.00 a night. The exterior and interior common areas of the hotel are clean, bright and cheery looking. Our rooms were immaculately clean and good sized. The location of the hotel is great...lots of stores and restaurants nearby. The “free” breakfast was very good, but the service was even better. The two ladies working there were helpful and pleasant and by the second day knew exactly what we wanted. They certainly went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. There is always coffee and fresh cookies in the lobby. There is an indoor pool which looked very nice, but we did not use it. There is even a little patio area in front of the hotel with tables and chairs which many people enjoyed at night. We were allowed to use the breakfast room at night to play cards. All in all...this hotel has everything you need. I did have one problem and unfortunately, it did color my feelings of the place. As we are three couples traveling together, one of us typically makes the reservations for all on one credit card. This time, I made the reservations 11 months in advance. As always, I used my debit card for a guarantee (we do not use credit). We are in our 60's and have been traveling for many years to many places, including most islands in the Caribbean, and four countries in Europe. I have used my debit card for years...and when we arrive at the hotel, the hotel swipes the credit cards of the other two couples for their rooms, and I pay cash. I received a call from this hotel around noon the day we were to arrive. My debit card had expired in the 11 months since I made my reservation. I cheerfully gave them my new information...then realized that they were going to put a hold on the entire amount of the stay for all 3 couples on the card. Perhaps this is common practice, but it has never happened to us before. We have never had a hotel put a “hold” on the account prior to our arrival. I ended up having to call my friends and have them each give the hotel their credit information. I do not know whether this is standard Country Inns practice or it was because of the tournament, or what the reason was. I called the hotel before doing this review to find out the reason, but they did not return my call. For most people, this would not be an issue. The hotel itself is great. Unfortunately, this policy would probably prevent us from using Country Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife, 2 boys and myself spent 2 nights at this hotel. The hotel was full both nights due to a local golf tournament - several of the guests were associated with the event such as TV crews. Even though the hotel was full it was never noisy and the breakfast room never felt crowded. All of the staff were very friendly and we really enjoyed the cookies.

We had a king suite which meant we had to use the sofa bed. Although a sofa bed will never match a real bed I still managed to get a decent nights sleep. I wish we could have gotten a room with 2 queen beds instead of the one king but the hotel does not offer this as an option.

The exercise room was small but nice - they have high quality equipment of the same type that my local Y uses.

The hotel is located very close to many shops and restaurants and is close to major roads which makes getting around easy.

The water from the faucet tasted really funky (my kids described it as 'pool water') but having had water at nearby restaurants this seems to be a local problem and not something the hotel can control. I would recommend bringing some bottled water or getting some from a local store.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel overlooks train tracks - the trains did not bother us during the night and my...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had two rooms for a one night family gathering. Both rooms were wonderful! We had one standard room which was soley used for sleeping and then a king room where we spent most of our time. In the king room there was a comfortable chair and pull-out couch around a new flat screen tv.The bedroom in the back behind a door which was so nice when it was bedtime for some but not others. There was also a kitchenette area with a small fridge, sink and microwave. This was so handy so we could have simple meals and snacks in the room. Though there are plenty of near by resturants and even a grocery store if you need them. The room and whole hotel seemed very quiet though in the morning there were lots of guests getting breakfast. You would never guess while you are in your room. The staff was so helpful and nice from the moment we left to when I returned a month later to pick up a phone charger I had forgotten. They even ran out to get us a wine opener when they realized they did not have behind the desk. The pool was wonderful but we did not use the hot tub. The breakfast was fantastic. There are little outside tables and chairs for smokers. It is very easy to find once you pull off the highway and it is easy to access near by Route 8 to get to many attractions in the area. All in all this was a wonderful stay at a wonderful hotel and definitely will be the chioce for any future gatherings.

Room Tip: There is a train that runs behind the hotel. If you are a very light sleeper you might want to ask t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is just as great as the other's in this chain. We arrived late and were greeted by the front desk staff and they had my reservation right there waiting for me! They knew who I was as soon as I walked in! Talk about making you feel welcome! The room was fantastic - clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great. The space was large and the staff kept it spotless. This is a great hotel to stay at and next time we are in the area will not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while he was running the Burning River 100 mile race. Great location close to the finish line! The hotel itself was immaculately clean and had a bit of country charm. The rooms were very quiet, comfortable and spacious, beds were great, staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, and even breakfast was good (and included)! Because this was a 30 hour race, I was in and out of the hotel at all different times throughout the weekend and appreciated a the coffee, fruit and cookies available in the lobby at all times. Would definitely stay here again if ever in this area again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here while visiting family and friends out of town. When I arrived I was told at the front desk that the room I had reserved was unavailable for both nights that I needed and I was being upgraded to an Executive Suite.Huge room and although the room was right behind the elevator, we never heard a thing!! The hotel was very busy with several children running around due to the National Soap Box Derby going on in Akron and I never heard any the kids in the hallway either. Very clean, loved having 2 tv's so the kids could watch their shows and I could have some quiet time to myself. Water pressure was wonderful, bathroom very clean. The sink in the bathroom did have a dripping leak and I notified the front desk when I was leaving and they said they would have maintenance look at it and she wrote it down in a notebook. The bathroom also had a water purifier separate faucet which was nice as I don't like the taste of city water. The kids had a blast in the pool and the hot tub was very large. Breakfast was delicious, the ladies that worked the breakfast area the 2 days we were there were VERY attentive to refilling all of the breakfast items and made the belgian waffles for you. The hotel is very close to gas stations, multiple restaurants and right off of the highway. My only other complaint was the king sized mattress had a sagging dip on the right side of the mattress. I have a bad back and had to make sure I was in the middle of the bed to stay out of the dip. I also told the front desk that the mattress might need to be flipped or rotated and they apologized for any inconvenience. This is my 2nd stay at a Country Inn hotel and I continue to be impressed. I would stay here again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Good place to stay. Room was clean. Best breakfast offered by any hotel I have stayed in. Everything you need here. Guest laundry, pool, hot tub, business center. Quiet

Room Tip: Train tracks at back of hotel which backs up to highway. You might suggest rooms at front of hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
#3 of 3 in Cuyahoga Falls
Comfort Inn Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
#2 of 8 in Kent

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!