“Great Food. But the flies...”
Review of Chowder House Cafe

Chowder House Cafe
Ranked #13 of 149 Restaurants in Cuyahoga Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Chowder House is a locally owned restaurant specializing in seafood as well as soups, salads, sandwiches,steaks, chops and pasta dishes. Chef Louis Prpich is the chef/owner along with his wife Kerry. Chef Louis has taken seafood to a higher level by using sustainable fishes and local farms to create award winning dishes that are making the Chowder House one of the best restaurants in Northeast Ohio. Voted 4 years in a row as best 100 restaurants in Northeast Ohio by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Chowder House is a must try!
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Too many flies to count. I stopped counting at 6 in my area alone near the front window. I suspect it’s because the front door doesn’t shut all the was on it’s own.

Anyways, the food is really good. I had the Seafood Pappardelle. Delicious sauce over shrimp, scallops, and bits of lobster meat. Very filling dish. I also had the lobster bisque. I hope it’s homemade because it was also delicious.

My guest had the Seafood Etouffee. It too was loaded with shrimp band scallops. She thought the broth was too rich but she still enjoyed it.

Tuesday-Thursday the entrees are 2 for $30. An incredible price! Strange the waitress didn’t mention that to me. I had to inquire about it as I read about it on their website.

They do not serve alcohol but you can bring your own for a $5 corking fee. That’s a steal.

I’ll go back because the food was great and I want to try other items. If I see all the flies I’m walking out!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Inside is a work of art that will keep your eyes busy for a minute. Food and service have always been great. Chowder House is a regular stop for us.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Don't let the outside or inside cloud your judgement on how the food will taste. This restaurant knows how to serve delicious food that is full of flavor and seasoning. We will be back again. (Check for a Groupon)

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Both my husband and I enjoyed our seafood dishes and our shared key lime pie. We had a hard time making our dinner chooses because so many of the entrees sounded interesting. We also liked that you only get what you order...no one pushes baskets of bread at you! And, wine is always at retail since you bring it yourself and only pay minimal corkage fee. The space is cute and quirky. Vi recommended it for a date night or night out with friends.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Like walking into a New England seafood house. Rustic, colorful neat clean.Friendly, knowlaeable efficient servers and staff Great food and wide seafood selections