“outstanding food”

The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe & bakery specializing in European cuisine and pastry for breakfast and lunch. We offer a menu that changes weekly, source our ingredients through local farms and quality purveyors, (D'artagnan, Browne Trading, Sea to Table, etc) and maintain high standards with respect to quality, service and preparation. We refuse to use products that contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
Akron, Ohio, United States
“outstanding food”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have been going to the Blue Door since it opened as a bakery which was and is excellent; the only place in the area to get real (French) croissants and pastries. Breakfast and lunch were added 2 years ago with excellent results being based on French cuisine. You will enjoy food not available anywhere else locally in terms of quality, preparation, and taste.
We go frequently.

2 Thank Daniel_M515

Kent, Ohio, USA
“Good food, but surprisingly pricey!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went in here for brunch one day with a friend because we were in the area. The food was good, and my sandwich was pretty big, as was my friend's. He also had a lemonade, which when we got the bill was found to be $5. I found that a bit much. They were also out of chips the day we went and so we had to get the salad with our sandwiches. The salad was okay, but that was it. The sandwich was good, and the bowl of soup that I got with it was too thick for me, but my companion liked it. Overall, I'm not sure I'd go there again. It was good, but I am not sure it was worth the $30 bill for the two of us. I'm definitely going to try their pastries another day though!

1 Thank Sonali K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but fairly expensive”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place has great food but kind of pricey and if its real busy you are right on top of other tables

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank timmyboy87
Canton, Ohio
“Very Suprised”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had a great lunch (Monte Cristo Sandwich with fruit) today which I totally enjoyed! Prices are quite high, but well worth it! Tomato bisque soup is not to be missed. Only one problem - server was very taken aback when I said I wanted the milk I ordered taken off my bill. If I had known it was non-homogenized, I would not have ordered it. He would not take it off my bill, told me it is "very expensive" and it's not disgusting. What happened to "customer is always right"? The restaurant made the $2 for the milk, but lost a customer.

1 Thank roadtripgirl_13
Akron, Ohio
“So What If You Have To Wait!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am not surprised this is number one. The parking lot is always full, it is a small restaurant but believe me, it is worth the wait! Their changing menu will please everyone. Each dish is lovingly made just for you!
We are addicted! Excellent home made pastries and breads, excellent french toast and the food is bought from local produce and farms. The dishes are made to enjoy and shouldn't you linger over one more cup of coffee? They do NOT try to rush you out either.
Love, love LOVE The Blue Door Cafe!

3 Thank borntotravelOH