“handcrafted pastries, breads and creative menu”

The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe & bakery specializing in European cuisine and pastry for breakfast and lunch. We offer a menu that changes weekly, source our ingredients through local farms and quality purveyors, (D'artagnan, Browne Trading, Sea to Table, etc) and maintain high standards with respect to quality, service and preparation. We refuse to use products that contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
Akron, OH
“handcrafted pastries, breads and creative menu”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Many reviewers have commented on the atmosphere of this old building, but they have done a great job making small improvements over time - while focusing on the food!

The croissants and pastries are the best I've had - anywhere. The simple regular menu is outstanding due to the locally sourced and sometimes imported ingredients including eggs and meats from our friends at Brunty Farms.

I have never had anything sub-par at the Blue Door Cafe, but will admit that the creativity of the daily menu has on occasion led to a dish that didn't taste quite as good to me as it sounded. That said, this is the most creative, freshest food experience in our area. Even for the prices - maybe a bit higher than usual for Akronites - I'd rather spend $35 for 2 on breakfast/lunch at the Blue Door and skip the Lizard for the same price for dinner (and I like the Lizard!).

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“The best chocolate milk you'll ever have in your life!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The chocolate milk is only one reason to come to this restaurant. The food is amazing, the staff friendly - the things they do and create at this place are so out of the box and it all tastes wonderful. The menu is always changing and they have special items that only those that follow them on Facebook will know about. It's always a hard choice when it comes to picking something from the menu and you will not be disappointed. The owner has tried so hard to create something new and fresh for this area and they have succeeded wonderfully. These are not Bob Evans prices and it is definitely not Bob Evans food. If you are a foodie than this is the place for you - you won't be sorry!

And definitely try the chocolate milk!!

Akron, Ohio
“My friends were right...delicious!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

After playing chauffeur for a friend this morning, she offered to treat me to a meal at her favorite place, the Blue Door Cafe. Greeted by the in-your-face bakery case, I had to agonize over the menu - breakfast with house-baked goodies, or today's special lunch of blackened Shrimp & Grits? Assured the shrimp dish would reappear another day, I chose the simplest of breakfasts, Bacon & Eggs, both done exactly to my order (I can be fussy) and served with a huge fresh English muffin and homemade berry jam. Having watched another patron blissfully eat her sticky roll, I ordered one to go before they could all disappear. My conclusion? Little to no atmosphere with no sound-absorbent touches, slightly above-average service from a very friendly staff, and a kitchen committed to living out its culinary philosophy on each plate. A bit pricey for the area, but at the Blue Door, I think you get what you pay for...high quality foods very well prepared. I will return and soon.

• Visited February 2013
“Suprisingly Delicious”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I dragged by husband here after reading these reviews. We went at 10am on a Sunday - it was rather crowded but we only waited about 15 minutes for a table. The wait staff was friendly and helpful and the service was quick. I ordered the bacon & eggs with an English muffin. My bacon was the tastiest bacon I've ever had. My English muffin was fresh and it was served with homemade berry jam which was delicious. My husband had the corn beef hash and was pleased. We will definitely return. My only complaint is that it's a little pricey for breakfast but so worth it.

Kent
“Best we have ever had at ANY restaurant!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Quality ingredients mixed with an excellent chef, friendly staff, great coffee and the results are amazing! My husband and I have enjoyed breakfast and lunch there at least 50 times in the last year and a half. This is the only place we can enjoy everything on the menu! Thank you for giving us a wonderful place to eat with fresh local ingredients!!! Also the breads are the best ever!!