“Naturally Delicious”

The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe & bakery specializing in European cuisine and pastry for breakfast and lunch. We offer a menu that changes weekly, source our ingredients through local farms and quality purveyors, (D'artagnan, Browne Trading, Sea to Table, etc) and maintain high standards with respect to quality, service and preparation. We refuse to use products that contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

A small treasure in Cuyahoga Falls. Formerly the Golden Goose (the sign hasn't changed and I like it that way), the Blue Door is the place to go for breakfast. All local, natural, and organic ingredients go into each and every item on the menu. From perfectly poached eggs to the creamiest most heavenly glass of chocolate milk I've ever tasted; Chef Mike delivers (not literally). I don't have a favorite dish because I eat something different every time I visit due to the daily-changing specials menu. Crabcakes Benedict, Red-Flannel Hash, Seafood Crepes, Yogurt Pancakes, Strawberry Shortcake French Toast, and more otherworldly creations. If you can't decide, the corned beef hash is unlike any other and the Monte Cristo is kingly. I have yet to see a patron escaping without a trip to the bakery counter. The baked goods look to good to be real, but they are VERY real and VERY good. Fresh breads, muffins, scones, danishes, and the best genache brownies in the world (proven fact). Try this place out and I personally guarantee you will be back and back and back. If you do go, go early; its usually packed with a line out the door between 9-12.

1  Thank K_Rousseau419

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Can someone tell me why I have not found this place early? My goodness, it's superb, the kind of breakfast I want to eat everyday and I would never get sick of.

First thoughts: Disorganized when you walk in. You're not entirely sure where you put your name on the waiting list so it was a bit of a mess. Also, we had been waiting a bit and when the hostess asked for our name a lady rudely interrupted, "we were here first!" Not exactly how I prefer to start my day especially considering she at the end of the line and there were many people in between us waiting.

So back to the food because I forgive them on not being organized with seating and awkward ladies.

Waitress was quick, friendly and somewhat attentive. Little bit of a nuisance to me when they don't come back and ask how everything is. They either know it's amazing and don't bother to ask, or it sucks, and they don't want to confront.

Either way, this was amazing! I had the hash with eggs up and an english muffin. Side of potato croquettes for me and the boy to share. He had a monte cristo. If I could lick my plate and not be judged by fellow diners, I would. But, I kept my excitement under wrap and pushed the plate away.

5 STARS FOR: excellent food, fresh baked, local/sustainable food, cheery atmosphere, not breaking the bank and a unique menu.

1  Thank LEAH N
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Every Wednesday, Chef Mike bakes ciabatta bread...and it's great...all fresh. It's worth the stop at this place, now called the Blue Door!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place is cool. They have small menu but usually have a lot of good specials. The place is worth visiting for pastries. The croissants are fantastic, the best I have had in Northeast Ohio. The morning glory muffins are also great. The breakfast food is made from high quality ingredients. Orange juice is fresh squeezed so there is nothing out of a can or carton! They also have high quality chocolate milk that is very different from other places.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is now called The Blue Door Cafe but there is still a sign outside that says Golden Goose. I've eaten at this place twice now with two extremely different experiences so I am kind of torn about it. The first time was a couple months ago with my sister for Sunday Brunch and it was really good! Our waitress was really nice and attentive, the coffee was good and we both ordered the corn beef hash. It was supremely delicious with huge chunks of fork tender corned beef, potatoes, onions with a side of eggs and really good challah toast. I also got a side of fruit which was really fresh and local. And the portions were huge, we didn't leave this place hungry. So the other day, I decided to take my husband there for Sunday Brunch and much to my surprise, it was really terrible. First off, our waiter was the worst I've ever had. He sat us down and forgot about us for awhile, finally got around to taking our drink order and brought back coffee with no silverware or cream. He left for quite awhile again and when he came back, I asked for some silverware and cream or at least a spoon so I could stir in the sugar for my coffee and my husband's iced tea. Finally he came back and took our order. I finished my coffee and we waited. And waited. People who arrived 10, 15, 20 minutes after us all got their food. The people sitting behind us had the same waiter, and they were subject to the same awful service and were getting pretty teed off. I'm pretty sure I saw our order come up, french toast and corn beef hash with an english muffin. He took the plates and asked the customers at the counter if they ordered corn beef hash with an english muffin or french toast. The one guy said no, but he'd take it. Minutes kept ticking by and we started getting more annoyed as were the people behind us. Our waiter would disappear for like ten minutes at a time. He never came around with a coffee refill either. Finally our food arrived. The portion I remembered getting with my sister of the corned beef hash was not what my husband got. He got a vey small portion with hardly any corned beef. My french toast was extremely cold and very soggy like it was made awhile ago and just sat around for a long time. Our waiter was rude and not at all apologetic for the worst service I've ever had. I thought the first time I came here with my sister that I discovered this great new place I'd be back to all the time, but after the other day I'm probably not coming back.

5  Thank IslandDreamer82