“Great Breads”

The Blue Door Cafe and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe & bakery specializing in European cuisine and pastry for breakfast and lunch. We offer a menu that changes weekly, source our ingredients through local farms and quality purveyors, (D'artagnan, Browne Trading, Sea to Table, etc) and maintain high standards with respect to quality, service and preparation. We refuse to use products that contain hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.
Stow, Ohio
“Great Breads”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Every Wednesday, Chef Mike bakes ciabatta bread...and it's great...all fresh. It's worth the stop at this place, now called the Blue Door!

Greater Cleveland
“Great fresh food and pastries”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place is cool. They have small menu but usually have a lot of good specials. The place is worth visiting for pastries. The croissants are fantastic, the best I have had in Northeast Ohio. The morning glory muffins are also great. The breakfast food is made from high quality ingredients. Orange juice is fresh squeezed so there is nothing out of a can or carton! They also have high quality chocolate milk that is very different from other places.

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Blue Door Cafe”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is now called The Blue Door Cafe but there is still a sign outside that says Golden Goose. I've eaten at this place twice now with two extremely different experiences so I am kind of torn about it. The first time was a couple months ago with my sister for Sunday Brunch and it was really good! Our waitress was really nice and attentive, the coffee was good and we both ordered the corn beef hash. It was supremely delicious with huge chunks of fork tender corned beef, potatoes, onions with a side of eggs and really good challah toast. I also got a side of fruit which was really fresh and local. And the portions were huge, we didn't leave this place hungry. So the other day, I decided to take my husband there for Sunday Brunch and much to my surprise, it was really terrible. First off, our waiter was the worst I've ever had. He sat us down and forgot about us for awhile, finally got around to taking our drink order and brought back coffee with no silverware or cream. He left for quite awhile again and when he came back, I asked for some silverware and cream or at least a spoon so I could stir in the sugar for my coffee and my husband's iced tea. Finally he came back and took our order. I finished my coffee and we waited. And waited. People who arrived 10, 15, 20 minutes after us all got their food. The people sitting behind us had the same waiter, and they were subject to the same awful service and were getting pretty teed off. I'm pretty sure I saw our order come up, french toast and corn beef hash with an english muffin. He took the plates and asked the customers at the counter if they ordered corn beef hash with an english muffin or french toast. The one guy said no, but he'd take it. Minutes kept ticking by and we started getting more annoyed as were the people behind us. Our waiter would disappear for like ten minutes at a time. He never came around with a coffee refill either. Finally our food arrived. The portion I remembered getting with my sister of the corned beef hash was not what my husband got. He got a vey small portion with hardly any corned beef. My french toast was extremely cold and very soggy like it was made awhile ago and just sat around for a long time. Our waiter was rude and not at all apologetic for the worst service I've ever had. I thought the first time I came here with my sister that I discovered this great new place I'd be back to all the time, but after the other day I'm probably not coming back.

5 Thank IslandDreamer82
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
“Now called the blue door.”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This restaurant used to be called the golden goose and the bakery was fantastic, but the actual food was just average. It now had new ownership now because the baker owns the whole joint. Everything is organic and all natural there quiche and omelets and just about everything is absolutely fantastic.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Catherine L
Akron, OH
“Europe in the midwest”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Fantastic food. Very much like a European bistro. Small, not fancy decor, but the food is well prepared and fresh very high quality ingredients. The pastries are just like those in Europe.Enjoy!

• Visited April 2012