“Very good but expensive”

Beau's on the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Beau's on the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad Blvd.
Description: Beau’s on the River opened at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls in May of 2013. This restaurant on the river offers stunning views of the river rapids and falls with floor to ceiling windows with and innovative contemporary décor. As a sister property to Beau’s Grille at the Hilton Akron/Fairlawn, we offer a casual atmosphere with plenty of the same great food and service that the award winning Beau’s Grille has been treating our loyal customers to for years. Executive Chef Billy Thurman takes a unique twist on some of your old favorites with a fresh look and taste to his style of cooking. His mouthwatering plates taste even more amazing than they look. We are located 15 miles from the Akron Canton Regional Airport & 30 miles from Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Cities within a short distance from Beau's On The River include: Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Fairlawn, Richfield, Hudson, Stow, Aurora (Geauga Lake Park) & Kent Ohio.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great view, good service and food, delicious martini. Expensive but overall really enjoyed my dinner here. Also, should be noted that drinks that are on special at the bar are not on special in the restaurant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

i arrived late and was pleased that they still served food past 9pm. the next morning my breakfast was wonderful. service was terrific.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The restaurant had a amazing view and the food was fantastic.The thing that bothered me was that the service was very slow.I would prefer the pasta.I had a wonderful time at Piatto Novo.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Although we had a beautiful view over the falls, the dinning experience was unacceptable. Our waiter had an attitude from the first minute he came to serve us. He did not give us the chance to select the brand of wine we would like to have. He rushed to get me a glass of wine without asking if I would like a glass or a bottle. When I indicated to the waiter that I did not ask for a glass but would like to order a bottle, he started to huff and puff instead of being happy for more sale. He showed no knowledge of the wine selection or serving. He did not ask my wife how she would like her steak prepared. When I told him that my wife liked to have her prime rib medium well, he said she should choose something else. At this point, he ruined what was to be our romantic Valentine evening. I had to request the manager to replace him with another server.We spent over a hundred dollars for a similar meal that we could have had at any steakhouse for half the cost. The food tasted about the same as any restaurant. This was not the premier dining experience that we were hoping for. Although the apology of the restaurant manager, the damage was done.

1  Thank Gozelamiraelmasreia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The restaurant’s big pull was a great view overlooking the Cuyahoga river. This past week, on a weekday evening, we tried to go there. As you enter the restaurant, you are a level above overlooking the main dining room floor. We saw plenty of empty tables, so we though we going to get a nice seat next to the window.
Wrong!!! The hostess asked us for our reservations. When I explained that I did not know that they were needed, she snapped at us and said, “well you’re going to have to eat at the bar!”
The night went quickly down from there. She walked us through the busser’s station to the bar. I could tell it was the busser’s station because of the bus plans stacked with dirty dishes. She seated us under one of the big screen TV’s in the bar. That night we didn’t see any great views, only Sportscenter.
We spent over a hundred dollars including the tip for a similar meal that we could had at Applebee’s for half the cost. The food tasted about the same as Applebee’s. This was not the premier dining experience that we were hoping for.
The only reason this is getting two stars instead of one, because the server was excellent.

1  Thank HikeTheUSA