“Amazing hotel in Cuyahoga Falls”

Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Upon arrival, my kids needed to use the restroom and the staff member standing at the door was great! She stated that she would watch our bags while I parked the car and husband and kids utilized the restroom. We got a riverside view and two double bed suite as I had requested without any problems. Wished it wasn't raining as the kids wanted to see the river from the landing that could only be accessed from a special elevator of which was closed due to the bad weather. The suite is spacious and perfect for a family of four. It was so great that my brother and father in law also booked rooms for the the next two nights. When my father in law returned back to his room at 12 midnight extremely exhausted, there was a roof leak from all of the rain (we were all on the 5th floor). They sent maintenance up just to make sure there really was a roof leak and then they were moved to another room. We all didn't get to go to sleep until like 2 AM. This was the only downfall to the entire stay: Sheraton did not compensate them for the inconvenience either. Like other reviews stated, there is a train that continuously runs through the area. We heard it once or twice, but it never kept us up through the night. The falls themselves were pretty loud, but the view made everything worth it. Brother and father in laws had even numbered rooms that faced the city and were much more quiet than ours. The pool area was great! Wished they had life vests for the kids. A recommendation for Sheraton is to establish a kids' room where they can play games, toys, complete activities, etc. We have been to other higher class hotels that had this. The complimentary computer area was great as well. Overall excellent hotel! Will only stay here if we return again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cxntx
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Dear Guest:

Thank you for entering such a kind review of your visit to the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am glad that you and your family had a pleasant stay and were able to use the pool during your visit. Unfortunately, the weather this year in Ohio has been less than perfect and the rain and snow and melting ice does make for challenging travel. Please accept my apologies for the problems with the roof leak. I also appreciate your suggestions on children's activities. We will certainly look to see if that might be possible. We look forward to you returing again soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls

Reviewed November 21, 2010

My husband and I booked this hotel through Priceline and got it for $60 a night. What a bargain! We were amazed when we opened the door and saw the room and all its amenitities. It was a suite with a large sitting room. The sitting room had a sofa, 2 chairs, a wet bar w/ a mini fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker w/ Starbuck's coffee. The area also had a large desk for business and a large flat screen television. The bedroom was closed off from the sitting area w/ 2 large pocket doors. This way the children could sleep while my husband and I stayed up a little later. We had 2 Queen beds which were very comfortable.The bedroom also had a large flat screen television. The only complaint we had is that the linens had been washed w/ so much Clorox that the sheets were actually stiff and noisy. I never heard sheets so noisy before. When we woke in the morning, my husband commented that he felt as though he slept in a potato chip bag.
The hotel is along the Cuyahoga River which has a walk way. We did take a walk and b/c we were there in October the scenery was beautiful with the leaves.
We were there visiting family and a family member told me the hotel has a bar that over looks the river which is beautiful. We did not have the oppurtunity to use it b/c we were w/ children.
We would stay here again. It may have been our room with the noisy sheets. Especially for the price through Priceline.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dmmaglet
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Dear Guest:

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Sheraton Suites/Akron Cuyahoga Falls. Thank you for describing your suite so well! You commented on the beautiful fall colors along the river - it is a toss up as to the more dramatic views between fall and winter. The snow fall and the icicles make for a dramatic scene at the river gorge and throughout the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your nights rest, we use 300 thread count sheets that should feel very soft and luxurious – perhaps they were very new. I hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

I had a wonderful experience here. My Colleagues and I needed rooms with lots of space immediately, within hours the Business Travel Manager reserved 4 Penthouse Suites with a more than accommodating rate. Every interaction I had with their staff was thoughtful and requests were responded to promptly. The establishment is elegant and often times, during the evening, I could walk out of my room and hear relaxing live piano music (It was very classy). The Breakfast buffet is tremendous with many options and on Sundays it's 3 times as big. The pool and work out facilities are very clean and spacious. The bar and room service are available late which is good for the weekends. I appreciated everything this hotel had done for us and as a matter of fact will be staying there again shortly. Thanks Sheraton!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I am pleased to hear that the extra space you and your colleagues needed was met with our Penthouse Suites - they are indeed much larger than a typical hotel room, with floorplans similar to many moderate sized apartments. We were glad to be of service to you and we do look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites during a trip home, and for a cousins wedding. My brother and I spent several nights here, and it was a true pleasure. Our room faced east, so we were greeted by a gorgeous view of the falls.... Our room had the most comfortable beds. It was nicely appointed, and very spacious. We had breakfast each morning at the Riverview reastaurant, standard hotel fare. The front desk staff, and the staff in general, were very friendly for such a large hotel. The only negative was the proximity of the hotel to the active railroad tracks. The trains, which came thru each night, had to sound the horn at the crossing.... My recommendation, bring earplugs like my brother did.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls. I am glad that we could be a part of your visit with family during your cousin's wedding. The view of the falls is spectacular in all seasons - but enjoying it in the fall as you did can be the most colorful with the changing of the leaves! I am sorry that you were disturbed by the trains, the trade off would be to move to suite on the opposite side of the hallway - still beautiful views, but not like the river. We are working with the city to try and make this a "quiet crossing", but that could take some time. I hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

I love staying here - staff is friendly, rooms clean and comfy. Food is very good whether in the bar, room service, or the restaurant. I will be returning.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to post your comments here on TripAdvisor. I thank you for your loyalty and am pleased that you have enjoyed each of your visits to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again and again!

Reviewed October 24, 2010

We made a late night stop at this hotel on our way to Chicago, and it was a pleasant surprise. Our room was beautifully updated, large, clean and modern.

We ordered room service, and even though it was nearly closing time (which we felt really bad about), the gentleman who delivered our food was cheery and helpful, as if we were the first customer of the day.

We didn't have much time to spend there, but the restaurant looked really nice as well, with large floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Cuyahoga Falls. We will definitely try that next time.

On my trip to Chicago next year, I will definitely be stopping here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear of your pleasant experience during your brief stay in Cuyahoga Falls. I will be sure to pass along your comments (with my thanks included!) to our room service server. I hope that your next visit allows you enough time to enjoy the area and get the chance to dine in Piatto Novo, the restaurant that you mentioned.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

The suites are beautiful - spacious and well decorated. It was nice to enjoy our own room by sliding the doors shut so our daughter could have her own space, too. The pool is big and warm - the hot tub is super nice. Skip Piatto Novo - service was extremely slow (took over an hour to get dinner at 8:30 on a Saturday night and they did not even bring us bread or anything) and very expensive for what you get. It was utterly forgettable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank barbaliciousTroy_Mi
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites for your trip to the area. I appreciate you posting your thoughts on the suite. I am glad that you and your daughter liked the separate living and sleeping areas. I am also glad that you enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Please accept my apologies that your experience at Piatto novo was not as you would have liked. As a fine dining establishment, we do not do fast very well. However, the hotel offers more casual dining in the novo lounge, with meals designed to be less expensive, and faster, while still maintaining a high level of quality.

I hope that you will stay with the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls on your next visit to Summit County!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!