“Great location, lovely rooms!”

Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
“Great location, lovely rooms!”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

While attending a Rockin' on the River Concert, we stayed here for a night. Wonderful little town and great location. It is right across the street from the venue, so a great idea to stay overnight and enjoy the festivities. A lovely hotel with wonderful rooms! We were so impressed with the check in and the room was so big. Two flat screen TV's and refridgerator and microwave are a bonust! We had some housekeeping issues upon arrival. The bed cover was soiled, but a call to the front desk and they quickly changed the bed linens. I wished the room was spotless, but I can't say it was. There was some dust that was visible on the furniture. The front of the TV stand had something splashed on it that was not cleaned. The lovely TV was smeared as if wiped off with a wet towel and allowed todry. The areas that aren't as well traveled are not kept up to standards either. The elevator to the rock area was very dirty. There is an outdoor walkway behind the hotel, looks like even an outdoor bar. It was littered and very dirty. There was an outdoor sink that was filled with garbage. I am sure that this isn't up to the hotels standards, hopefully it will be addressed. We didn't have time to really discuss these issues with the staff as our time was limited. The views were great, right on the river/falls and a little elevator takes you right onto the rocks behind the hotel near the river. The river walk area was so nice! I wish we would have been told there was a walkway behind the hotel that led straight to the venue, it would have saved us from dodging traffic during the event. We checked out the very nice pool/fitness area but didn't have time to enjoy them. Next time perhaps. The restaurant was wonderful. Lovely views in a glass walled room. Great food and great service! We had lunch and breakfast there and the food was very good. The lounge was nice as well, spent some time there after the concert and had a good time. The Lobby is very pretty with glass elevators. The little gift shop/store came in handy as well. All in all a nice hotel that I would like to stay at again someday.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Sheraton Suites and your visit to Rockin on the River. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the issues that you metioned that were not up to our standards. Please know that I have personally looked into this to make sure that each of our guests experience the high level of service and product quality and cleanliness that we expect.

I hope that you will join us again for a Rockin on the River weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My family and i stayed two nights at this hotel. When we arrived, we were met with a helpful young man right away, who checked us in and promptly answered all of our questions. When we requested extra pillows and blankets, they were brought to our room almost immediately. Beautiful view of the falls from the pool deck.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2010

In all fairness; most of the people who stayed loved their room. Half the hotel rooms look over the falls and are lovely.

Just stay away from room number 2!
It felt rather strange when I looked at my room number and it was just a '2'.

Instead of going into the main area and up the elevator they told us to take the elevator to the 'lower level' and it was at the end of the hall. So, we went down to the lower level and there was a dark hallway. We kept on walking as the numbers went lower until we got to number 4, then the next door was the fire stairs and beyond that the ice machine.

So we went back up and asked. "It's all the way at the end" they assured us.
So back down the dark hallway. This time we went past the fire stairs and to the end where the alcove where the ice maker was. Sure enough, in the same area as the ice maker was a door. We discounted it before because we figured it was a utility closet.

We stuck the keycard in and it beeped open. We opened the door and it still looked like a dark utility closet. When we stepped in we realized that the entry immediatly jogged to the right. (behind the ice machine) and then back to the left.

As we entered the door closed behind us and we could still hear the ice machine outside. It was dark, so I immediatly went to open the shades. Behind the shades was a window well. The windows started about half way up the wall and looked out into cinder block with rocks on the bottom! Even going up to the window we could not see any sky. Just a cinder block window well with an empty bag of Doritos.

Well, we were late for a wedding so I dropped my bag and started changing. My wife went into the bathroom area to put on her makeup. As she started to put on her makeup a big humming sound started and the lights dimmed and came back on a little. "Did you turn on the AC" she shouted. I hadn't but it sure sounded like I did. It turned out it was our friend the ice machine. It was on the same fuse as the room!

So when I came into the bathroom to tell her this, I noticed that the plumbing access door was ajar. I was greeted by the view of plumbing pipes.

So here we were; in the basement, behind the ice machine, in a dark room with no real windows and a view of the trash at the bottom of the window well and plumbing pipes in the bathroom.

It was like a practical joke. And I'll bet anyone reading this thinks I'm making it up. But it wasn't and I'm not!

We checked out. Didn't even ask for another room. (Even if they charged us for the room, we were not staying)
This was the WORST hotel room in memory.

Beware of room 2!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tenzo
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Dear Guest:

Please accept my most sincere apologies that you did not like the suite to which you were assigned. I assume that you were here for a wedding and I am glad that others in your party enjoyed their stay. I agree that this suite does have a very limited view. While building the hotel as close to the river as possible in order to have the distinct and unusual views that our hotel offers, the result was that a very few suites have this limited view.

The cinder block you described is actually a decorative cut block retaining wall that borders the ivy covered floor of this lower level. One of the advantages this larger suite offers is that the sleeping portion of the suite is one of most secluded in the hotel, being set off the hallway further than others. The suite is also the closest to the large indoor pool and the elevator to the rock ledge for spectacular views of the Cuyahoga River gorge.

I have checked all of the electrical systems in the suite and have been unable to replicate the lights dimming that you experienced. The nearby ice machine is not on the same circuit as any of the electrical devices in the suite. We also have since re-latched the access panel that was ajar as you described.

I am sorry that you did not get the opportunity to stay and enjoy our hotel. If you had let us know of any problem that you encountered in your suite while you were getting ready for the wedding, we would have been glad to remedy this or see about relocating you to another suite. Since you were only able to use the room for the time you needed to get ready, of course, we did not charge you.

I hope that you will try the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls again!
northville, michigan, usa
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We wanted to get away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We saw the picture of the river flowing outside the rooms of the Sheraton on the internet. It was so pretty, we decided to stay for the weekend. We had a great time, swimming, relaxing and hiking in the forest nearby. I would recommend this place to EVERYONE.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for spending your anniversary with the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls - and Congratulations! I appreciate the time that you took to post your comments here on TripAdvisor and am glad that we were able to be of service and that you enjoyed your stay.

As far as your willingness to "recommend this place to EVERYONE" - we certainly encourage (and appreciate) that!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I don't travel a lot on my own, so when I do, a feeling of security is really important to me. On top of a fantastic room - the bed was fantastic, the hotel was beautiful, well lit, open and the service at the front desk and throughout was amazing. Once in my room, I didn't hear a THING, which was wonderful.

Our conference went off without a hitch even though there were MANY things going on in the hotel at the same time, they seemed to be invisible but taking care of us very well.

I love it

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, May 3, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about eh Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls here on TripAdvisor. Our team at the hotel tries very hard to provide the very best service and we certainly appreciate the kind words.

I am happy to hear that your conference was a success. You are right, the last few months have had a number of events going on simultaneously - we try hard to make sure that not one guest feels "lost in the shuffle"!

We hope to see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I've driven by this hotel several times on our way to our vacation spot in NY. Never gave it much thought. Then had to go to Tallmadge for business and chose this Sheraton on the recommendation of a co-worker. Wow, was I surprised! While the hotel is close to Hwy 8, the noice is not heard in the room, which was a suite. And the view - breathtaking, cascading waterfalls just below my room, which was well appointed, very clean and nicely decorated. I am now planning on making this an overnight stop on the way to vacation this summer, just so my husband can see the falls. Going down the highway, one would never know they are right there - the Cuyahoga River Falls. Watching a beaver work on the rocks was an added bonus!

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences at the Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that your travels bring you back often. During your upcoming vacation, you may choose to stay a few nights to see all that Summit County has to offer - Stan Hywet Hall, Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the Pro Football Hall of Fame are among the popular attractions in the area. And, we are closer to Columbus than New York!

Thank you again for staying with us!
chicago
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Stayed at the Sheraton Cuyahoga Falls because the Cleveland Sheraton Pool was closed. Reason for trip was to go to the Rock ad Roll Hall of Fame. We were pleasantly surprised at the scenery in this area. We sent pictures to friends and they said that they have never seen anything like that in Ohio. Being a Starwood Gold member we were given a great upgrade since available overlooking the nice falls. We even extended our visit by a extra day because we were enjoying our trip. If in the area again I would drive the extra mles to stay at this nice scenic Hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Dear Guest:

I am glad that you came the extra distance to stay with the Sheraton Family when the other hotel could not meet your need for a pool. Thanks for including the photos from your stay. In addition to the Rock n Roll Hall, I hope that you had the time to visit some of the attractions closer to the hotel - such as Stan Hywet Hall, the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the scenic Cuyahoga Valley National Park. If not they will always be worth the visit on your next trip to our area.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!