“Great”

Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This hotel is very well managed. If you are staying in the Akron area this hotel is the place to stay. The rooms are very clean. Rates are reasonable. Room service is very good. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear Guest;

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I appreciate the kind review of our services and I truly hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2010

We spent our wedding night at the Sheraton Suites and decided to return to celebrate our 6th anniversary. We reserved a king sized suite and were blown away when we opened the door- it was huge! Our room was a two-level suite with the living, dining and wet bar areas downstairs and the bedroom, workstation and whirlpool bathroom upstairs. Neutral decor with nice countertops, double vanity in the bath, large jetted tub, a TV on each level, good channel and PPV selection. The view from the balcony was great and even though it was cold, we liked to step out to look at and listen to the falls. The suite, especially the downstairs, felt very private- it was the perfect suite for a romantic evening. We had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant. Our server was very nice, the selection of food was pretty good and it was all tasty.

We’ve only stayed at the Sheraton Suites in the winter time and we’re hoping to stay on a late spring or summer night so we can really enjoy the balcony, boardwalk and the Cuyahoga Falls area. We’ve always had a wonderful time at this hotel and look forward to returning!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2010

Dear Guest:

Happy Anniversary! We are always pleased to have one of our wedding couples spend their enniversaries with us and I am glad that you enjoyed the mulit-level suite. In a hotel with all suites, those are certainly the best for enjoying a romanitc get away! I must compliment you on your photography, you have some excellent skills.

I do hope that you will get back in spring or summer. While the falls are at their most dramtic in the winter - the river is beautiful during every season. The added attraction of Rockin' on the River on Friday nights in the summer make this a great long weekend destination - and don't forget to stay from Sunday Brunch!

Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I were attending a Wedding reception held at Sheraton Suites. Based on great trip advisor reviews we decided to stay overnight. The hotel was stunning and beautiful upon entering the enormous lobby. Upon check-in we were given a very undesirable city view room#242, view of roof top vents and air condition that provided a lot of noise. I've immediately placed a call to front desk to ask for another room because of so much noise. Young man Josh answered a phone and within 5 min we were granted a river view room#237. He even took his time and walked up to the new room with a key. We appreciated that very much!

The king suite was very spacious, well appointed and clean. Bed and linens were heavenly! Best hotel sleep ever! The view of the room was awesome. We were right above the main waterfall and the sound of water lulled us to sleep. You could hear a sound of train horn @ 2 am but I was aware of that prior to checking- in. The mini-bar had a nice granite counter top with individual brewing tea or coffee machine with complimentary Starbucks coffee or tea. Nice size, well hidden refrigerator under the counter top. Microwave very outdated but it works!

We did not have time to explore all areas of the hotel but everything looked very elegant. Wish we could stay there longer.

CONS:

The hotel did not have a person attending luggage service so we had to carry all suitcases and bags upon check-in and check-out. I was trying to use service upon check-out but the front desk person told me that I would have to wait 30 min before they can get someone to help us. That needs a big improvement, especially on the weekend. Otherwise, very pleasant stay and we would come back to Sheraton even if we are locals.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that our other guests' reviews helped in your decision to stay with us for this occasion. I will certainly pass along your comments to Josh about his handling of the room change. I am glad that we had additional rooms available that evening!

I am pleased that you enjoyed all the amenities that our suites have to offer.

I hope that you can find time to get away again soon and spend a little longer with us!

Reviewed January 22, 2010

I wouldn't call myself an avid traveler, but I have stayed in my fair share of hotels. I attended a wedding in January 2010, in which guests were suggested to stay at the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls as that is where the reception was held. The rooms were amazing. They were spacious, modern-looking, provided plenty of storage, and just felt like my bedroom at home. I thoroughly enjoyed our room, and the service was fantastic. I had to call the front desk for a razor, and not only were they kind and very quick (they brought it up under 2 minutes), they also offered shaving cream. I know that sounds like a minor detail, but all of those little things add up.

The hotel itself is gorgeous and the bar overlooked the falls. It really made the stay very cozy and easy, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to for a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2010

Dear Guest:

I certainly appreciate you taking time to post your comments here on TripAdvisor! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. It is the small details that truly make the difference and we are happy when we can meet the expectations of our guests. I will pass along your kind remarks to our team!

We look forward to having you visit with us again!

Reviewed January 15, 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton for a couple of days over Christmas while in Ohio visiting family after my husband returned from Iraq. We wanted to spend Christmas morning with just our family after my husband missed the last two. We were given a great military discount. We loved how spacious the room was and with a family of five we were not all over one another. They also placed us at the end of the hall because we had a pet with us and it made it easy to go in and out with her. The Sheraton did not charge a pet fee which is rare for a hotel. This hotel also gives you a great view of the Cuyahoga river which is beautiful in the winter when it is iced up.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2010

Dear Guest:

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed this special Christmas at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. Please express our thanks to your husband for his service. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we are looking forward to having you return again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2010

It was great to find a place close to our in-laws that would take our pet. We were surprised at how clean it was. Enjoyed the food and excellent service. This will be our choice ffrom now on.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2010

Dear Guest:

I am glad to hear that our hotel was convenient for you during your recent travels. We are very pleased to be able to offer accomodations to pets, as do all Sheraton hotels in North America. Thanks for choosing our hotel and we look forward to having you visit again soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2010

I travel almost 100% and I have stayed at this hotel many times. I choose Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls because their rates are reasonable, I always feel welcomed by their friendly staff, the rooms are well kept and clean with beds that are extremely comfortable. Their bar and restaurant ambiance is enjoyable not to mention their menu offers a very good selection. The falls behind the hotel are scenic all year around. I wish all hotel stays could be as rewarding / relaxing as my stays at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experiences at the Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls here on TripAdvisor! I am glad that you have enjoyed the comfort of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed - I hope that you have seen the new all white bedding. The new sheets, pillows and duvets are very luxurious.

We can certainly agree with you about the scenery. Each season holds its own beauty. As I write this we are in the midst of a frigid spell with much snowfall. It is this scene of the icicles and snow in the river gorge that is most breathtaking!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#2 of 5 in Fairlawn
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!