“Home Away From Home”

Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I had the forunate opportunity to stay at this fine facility in July for my church conference. I found the staff to be extremely polite, professional people who bent over backwards to be accomodating. Room attendants were especially attentive to each detail, rooms were vacuumed, showers/tubs/toilets cleaned daily, amenities refreshed as needed. The banquet was beautifully decorated, food was delicious, hostesses were more than accomodating. My weeks stay was a wonderful experience

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2009

Dear Guest:

I am glad that the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls was your home away from home for your event here at the hotel. Your comments are very kind and much appreicated. Many of the things that you liked the most are our main focus - make sure that we provide true hospitality. A clean room, good food and courteous service is what all guests should expect and I am glad that we delivered for your event and stay with us. We are happy that you choose our hotel and hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2009

After reading the wonderful reviews I thought this the perfect place to stay to attend a family wedding.A bit pricey for the area,but It looked worth the money. Neither the refrigerator nor iron worked. The red stain on the carpet didn't shout "recently renovated." Our room faced the front entrance, on the 3rd floor off the main atrium. BIG mistake.Unfortunately all the Falls rooms were booked. Friday night the "Rockin on the River" band stopped about midnight,followed by 30 minutes of roaring motorcycles. OK, to be expected. Saturday night the patrons loud conversations, slamming doors, shouting obscenities, talking on cell phones in the hallway, ended at 4:35 AM. Truly, this is NOT an exaggeration. We had to drive to Chicago at 6:30am-not a good or safe thing without sleep. When asked at the front desk about our stay, I explained our severe disappointed and why. If I weren't so exhausted I would have demanded our money back! The young lady said we should have let them know and they would have changed our room. Maybe to another hotel??

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for bringing the concerns that you had with your stay to my attention. I am truly sorry that you had a poor experience at our hotel. All of our guests deserve the opportunity to enjoy the hotel as they wish, but not to disturb others. In the area we are located there is plenty of social activity in and around the hotel. Taking that into consideration, the builders of the hotel attempted to insulate the rooms from outside noise by using solid concrete walls on both the interior and exterior of the building and installing windows with triple pane insulation. All these efforts obviously did not have the desired affect for your stay and I am very sorry for that. I have sent you a note with my apologies and hope that you will contact me such that we may resolve the issues with the room and address your concerns properly.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

Exceptional property and staff. Greeted with a smile by every employee. All areas of the hotel were like-new. Room was well designed and well maintained - - the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the living area was comfortable and the desk was convenient yet functional. Great breakfast with an extraordinary view.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business

Dear Guest: Thank you for taking your time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor. We are always happy to hear that a guest's experience at our hotel was just as they had expected it to be. The staff of the hotel prides itself in providing excellent service and accommodations and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future!

Reviewed July 17, 2009

My stay at the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio was amazing!! The rooms were clean and spacious. All those little things that are important when you are away from home are really great at this Sheraton - the shower, the blow dryer, the microwave and refrigerator, the view and the sound of the falls outside the window, having a TV in the living room and the bedroom, the quality of the food at the restaurant ........ and much more!!!
We sponsored a conference for teachers at the location and the quality of the conference service was impeccable. The staff was professional and had someone assigned to us to make sure our conference rooms were constantly cleaned and snacks/drinks served in a timely manner.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the facility and the service I received during my stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting so many glowing remarks about our facility and service at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am so glad that your stay and your conference was a success. It is when our guests are able to get accomplished what they had planned that we are most pleased! We look forward to hosting your conference again in the future!

Reviewed June 28, 2009

I stayed for one night using my Starwood points and loved this hotel. The staff was very professional and helpful, the room well set up. I loved the dining room over the river - only had the breakfast buffet, but very happy with it. When shopping in stores in the area, we mentioned where we were staying and the locals had nothing but praise for the hotel and its chef. If I am ever in the Akron / Cleveland area, I will certainly stay there again.

We were on the non-River / parking lot side and had no problems with any noise.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the glowing feedback about your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit our area and that the Sheraton Suites was part of that experience. What a pleasure to hear that our hotel and chef are thought of so well by the local community. Our involvement in local community events has always been very important. Chef Roger Thomas is certainly the face our hotel and restaurant - Piatto novo - at many of these events. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that the next time you have time to enjoy Piatto novo for dinner!

Reviewed June 24, 2009

Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls has been wonderful for our weekly meetings. We’ve enjoyed renting a room every week since September 6th, 2005. Renting here has been a pleasant experience throughout the years as we have enjoyed the many amenities as well as the friendly and helpful hotel staff and maintenance crews. The recent completion of the Sheraton Suites renovations has added to the glamour and functionality of the hotel. We have highly recommended this location to our business contacts.

The banquet rooms are spacious, can be well lit for conferences or dimly lit for a more intimate setting. The waterfall is a popular sight which can be seen from inside most of the hotel's banquet rooms and the restaurant.

The location is perfectly placed just off of State Route 8. The city just refinished the highway and driving couldn't be more pleasurable.

The only complaint I could think of was a few weeks there were burnt out light bulbs in the banquet room upon our arrival, but within minutes of notifying the maintenance crew, the bulbs were replaced.

We highly recommend the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls for any banquet you may be planning.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like any more information from our experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for making such nice remarks about a segment of our business not often discussed in this forum! Our hotel does indeed feature about 20,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space that, as you mentioned, has been completely remodeled and updated. We are proud of the facilities and service that we provide and thank you for your continued patonage of our hotel and conference facilities! We look forward to hosting you and your company well into the future!

Reviewed June 4, 2009

This hotel is beautiful; sitting on a cliff over a rushing creek with waterfalls and rapids this is a unique hotel. Add to this great view the fact that the rooms are super nice, clean and the service is great.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the comments about the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. We are always pleased to hear from our guests. You have certainly summed up many aspects of the hotel that make us the most proud. We never take for granted the beautiful scenery in which we are located! We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!