Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
Economy Inn(Cuyahoga Falls)
Courtyard Akron Downtown(Akron)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsriver viewthe club loungestarbucks coffeeliving roomrooms are spacioushotel restaurantbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetan upgradestayed longerpull out couchmini fridgebusiness tripupon checknight's sleepking bedindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I stayed for one night using my Starwood points and loved this hotel. The staff was very professional and helpful, the room well set up. I loved the dining room over the river - only had the breakfast buffet, but very happy with it. When shopping in stores in the area, we mentioned where we were staying and the locals had nothing but praise for the hotel and its chef. If I am ever in the Akron / Cleveland area, I will certainly stay there again.

We were on the non-River / parking lot side and had no problems with any noise.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the glowing feedback about your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit our area and that the Sheraton Suites was part of that experience. What a pleasure to hear that our hotel and chef are thought of so well by the local community. Our involvement in local community events has always been very important. Chef Roger Thomas is certainly the face our hotel and restaurant - Piatto novo - at many of these events. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that the next time you have time to enjoy Piatto novo for dinner!

Reviewed June 24, 2009

Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls has been wonderful for our weekly meetings. We’ve enjoyed renting a room every week since September 6th, 2005. Renting here has been a pleasant experience throughout the years as we have enjoyed the many amenities as well as the friendly and helpful hotel staff and maintenance crews. The recent completion of the Sheraton Suites renovations has added to the glamour and functionality of the hotel. We have highly recommended this location to our business contacts.

The banquet rooms are spacious, can be well lit for conferences or dimly lit for a more intimate setting. The waterfall is a popular sight which can be seen from inside most of the hotel's banquet rooms and the restaurant.

The location is perfectly placed just off of State Route 8. The city just refinished the highway and driving couldn't be more pleasurable.

The only complaint I could think of was a few weeks there were burnt out light bulbs in the banquet room upon our arrival, but within minutes of notifying the maintenance crew, the bulbs were replaced.

We highly recommend the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls for any banquet you may be planning.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like any more information from our experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for making such nice remarks about a segment of our business not often discussed in this forum! Our hotel does indeed feature about 20,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space that, as you mentioned, has been completely remodeled and updated. We are proud of the facilities and service that we provide and thank you for your continued patonage of our hotel and conference facilities! We look forward to hosting you and your company well into the future!

Reviewed June 4, 2009

This hotel is beautiful; sitting on a cliff over a rushing creek with waterfalls and rapids this is a unique hotel. Add to this great view the fact that the rooms are super nice, clean and the service is great.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the comments about the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. We are always pleased to hear from our guests. You have certainly summed up many aspects of the hotel that make us the most proud. We never take for granted the beautiful scenery in which we are located! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2009

We stayed four nights to be near family during a visit for graduation. We loved the fact that the suite had so much room for us to entertain. Regarding the noise, the first night ws a little rough, but after that we didn't even notice it! We had a second floor river view room. Our schedule made it impossible to have dinner at the hotel which we regretted. Breakfasts were ordinary. The Sunday brunch was fabulous. Overall, we have a great experience and the staff was very friendly and efficient, with a few missteps - front desk could have been a little more helpful. Only quibble was with housekeeping. Food on coffee cups one day, big chips the next and dust on all the little ledges in the room (I know this becuase I am picky but also because we moved the tables around). I would still recommend this hotel to ANYONE.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2009

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs during your visit for your family members graduation! I am sorry that you did not have an opportunity to join us for dinner at Piatto novo restaurant - maybe next visit. I will look into the issues that you raised about your encounters with housekeeping. I appreciate the comments and hope that with our continued improvement you will feel comfortable with saying we are fully "five stars!"

Reviewed May 20, 2009

Nice large rooms and well appointed. The outside of the hotel looks more like a schoolhouse than a hotel, but not a problem. I booked the more expensive river view room but did not know it was also the highway view side and the side where the train runs, very close to the hotel. Unless you are a very deep sleeper, you will be awaken several times (3 or 4) a night when the train passes by and blows the horns through the intersection. I could hear everything though the bedroom window.

The window coverings are unusual that lower down over the window and do not cover all the light so that was another issue that kept me from sleeping late, trying to catch up from being woken up every time the train passed.

Great location for places to eat and a quick drive into my customer in Akron. There was a mini-fridge that got colder than other's I've seen in hotel rooms.

After 5 nights here, I need to get home so I can get a good nights sleep!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2009

Dear Guest: Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had at our hotel due to the train noise. I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience, especially for all 5 nights of your stay. Our team would have been willing to relocate you to a room that would have been more comfortable for you so as to allow you the rest and relaxation that you were seeking.