“Love this Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Edmonton Canada
“Love this Hotel”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I stayed for one night using my Starwood points and loved this hotel. The staff was very professional and helpful, the room well set up. I loved the dining room over the river - only had the breakfast buffet, but very happy with it. When shopping in stores in the area, we mentioned where we were staying and the locals had nothing but praise for the hotel and its chef. If I am ever in the Akron / Cleveland area, I will certainly stay there again.

We were on the non-River / parking lot side and had no problems with any noise.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, June 29, 2009
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the glowing feedback about your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit our area and that the Sheraton Suites was part of that experience. What a pleasure to hear that our hotel and chef are thought of so well by the local community. Our involvement in local community events has always been very important. Chef Roger Thomas is certainly the face our hotel and restaurant - Piatto novo - at many of these events. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that the next time you have time to enjoy Piatto novo for dinner!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
johnthomaswinter
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls has been wonderful for our weekly meetings. We’ve enjoyed renting a room every week since September 6th, 2005. Renting here has been a pleasant experience throughout the years as we have enjoyed the many amenities as well as the friendly and helpful hotel staff and maintenance crews. The recent completion of the Sheraton Suites renovations has added to the glamour and functionality of the hotel. We have highly recommended this location to our business contacts.

The banquet rooms are spacious, can be well lit for conferences or dimly lit for a more intimate setting. The waterfall is a popular sight which can be seen from inside most of the hotel's banquet rooms and the restaurant.

The location is perfectly placed just off of State Route 8. The city just refinished the highway and driving couldn't be more pleasurable.

The only complaint I could think of was a few weeks there were burnt out light bulbs in the banquet room upon our arrival, but within minutes of notifying the maintenance crew, the bulbs were replaced.

We highly recommend the Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls for any banquet you may be planning.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like any more information from our experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, June 26, 2009
Dear Guest:

Thank you for making such nice remarks about a segment of our business not often discussed in this forum! Our hotel does indeed feature about 20,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space that, as you mentioned, has been completely remodeled and updated. We are proud of the facilities and service that we provide and thank you for your continued patonage of our hotel and conference facilities! We look forward to hosting you and your company well into the future!
Bigferrell
Reviewed June 4, 2009

This hotel is beautiful; sitting on a cliff over a rushing creek with waterfalls and rapids this is a unique hotel. Add to this great view the fact that the rooms are super nice, clean and the service is great.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, June 5, 2009
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the comments about the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. We are always pleased to hear from our guests. You have certainly summed up many aspects of the hotel that make us the most proud. We never take for granted the beautiful scenery in which we are located! We hope to see you again soon!
mountain view, ca
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We stayed four nights to be near family during a visit for graduation. We loved the fact that the suite had so much room for us to entertain. Regarding the noise, the first night ws a little rough, but after that we didn't even notice it! We had a second floor river view room. Our schedule made it impossible to have dinner at the hotel which we regretted. Breakfasts were ordinary. The Sunday brunch was fabulous. Overall, we have a great experience and the staff was very friendly and efficient, with a few missteps - front desk could have been a little more helpful. Only quibble was with housekeeping. Food on coffee cups one day, big chips the next and dust on all the little ledges in the room (I know this becuase I am picky but also because we moved the tables around). I would still recommend this hotel to ANYONE.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs during your visit for your family members graduation! I am sorry that you did not have an opportunity to join us for dinner at Piatto novo restaurant - maybe next visit. I will look into the issues that you raised about your encounters with housekeeping. I appreciate the comments and hope that with our continued improvement you will feel comfortable with saying we are fully "five stars!"
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Nice large rooms and well appointed. The outside of the hotel looks more like a schoolhouse than a hotel, but not a problem. I booked the more expensive river view room but did not know it was also the highway view side and the side where the train runs, very close to the hotel. Unless you are a very deep sleeper, you will be awaken several times (3 or 4) a night when the train passes by and blows the horns through the intersection. I could hear everything though the bedroom window.

The window coverings are unusual that lower down over the window and do not cover all the light so that was another issue that kept me from sleeping late, trying to catch up from being woken up every time the train passed.

Great location for places to eat and a quick drive into my customer in Akron. There was a mini-fridge that got colder than other's I've seen in hotel rooms.

After 5 nights here, I need to get home so I can get a good nights sleep!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, May 21, 2009
Dear Guest: Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had at our hotel due to the train noise. I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience, especially for all 5 nights of your stay. Our team would have been willing to relocate you to a room that would have been more comfortable for you so as to allow you the rest and relaxation that you were seeking.
Bay City, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I was at this hotel for two months with FEMA colleagues after Hurricane Ike caused wind damage throughout Ohio. I absolutely could not have asked for a better home away from home. Aside from the fact that is in a beautiful location, the rooms are spacious and well-appointed and the bed super comfy ... it was truly the staff that made my stay a delight. They bent over backwards for each small request and I never saw a single one with anything but a smile on his/her face. Brian at the front desk was especially helpful ... even kept some of my frozen dinners in his freezer! And the cleaning lady (I wish I could remember her name!) would leave me personal notes wishing me a good weekend and things like that.

In short, I loved the Cuyahoga Falls Sheraton and its staff, and wish I could transport all of them to where I am working now. I haven't been as fortunate here!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
Dear Guest: Thank you for such "over the top" comments about our staff. We were pleased to be of service to the FEMA team and are glad that we met your expectations. We enjoy being of service and when our guests stick around for extended visits it gives us even more opportunity to shine. We have not considered taking our show on the road, but that might be in the future! You are always welcome at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls!
COLUMBUS
Reviewed April 30, 2009

This Sheraton chain hotel is a divine home away from home. SUPER Customer service. Very clean and a different place to stay with water running over the Cuyahoga Falls, can view right from the hotel restaurant and club.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Robert_Trammell, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, May 10, 2009
Dear Guest: Thank you for posting your nice comments here on TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear from our guests and we are pleased that you shared your experience with other travelers. The views are incredible from many areas of the hotel and we never take that for granted. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls and we hope that you come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!