Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
Economy Inn(Cuyahoga Falls)
Courtyard Akron Downtown(Akron)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsriver viewthe club loungestarbucks coffeeliving roomrooms are spacioushotel restaurantbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetan upgradestayed longerpull out couchmini fridgebusiness tripupon checknight's sleepking bedindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I just returned from a stay at Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls. I was very pleased with the room and service. The buffet breakfast was very good. The room was very clean and so was the pool. I loved looking down at the falls from our room. There was parking across the street, since the hotel seemed full from a wedding or some event, but it wasnt a far walk at all. The wait staff was very friendly. We were bicycling at the towpath trail at Cuyahoga Valley and this was an ideal location. I felt safe leaving the bikes in our van overnight.

Room Tip: low room overlooking the falls.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

ginr22, thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy so many of the amenities within our hotel and the surrounding area. We are lucky enough to be close to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park which offers many free outdoor activities such as biking and hiking. I trust you were able to get a nice long bike ride in on the Topath Trail and hope that we have a future opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I love finding feces on my hotel room, that's why I stay at Sheraton's. To start off with this hotel is really old and it shows. The lobby is nice the view of the falls is great but as soon as you step in a room you can tell. The carpets were dirty and disgusting. After being upgraded to suite we requested to go back to our original room because it was dusty and dirty you could tell the room hadn't been vacuumed. In the new room while I am bathing my kids I discover that there is feces all over the shower curtain. I have a Master's in Public Health and am board certified in Public Health. I have two young children I think I am qualified to know what poop looks like. I was so disgusted I immediately packed and left for the Westin in Cleveland 45 minutes away at 10 pm at night after having thrived 7 hours that day. I'm sorry 2 strikes you're out and poop is a line I don't cross. I was not going to let them put me in a third dirty room. After summoning the night manager to show her why I was leaving she had the gall to say 'well we don't know what it is but your right it doesn't belong there' while giving me a half hearted apology. Have I received a call from the hotel or the GM related to this? NO! Not that I expect one but you would think the Sheraton Would do that. From now on Westins only for me. Oh and I'm SPG Gold and travel a lot. I've stayed in nicer, cleaner, friendlier alofts and elements than this Sheraton. Save yourself the hassle and stay somewhere else. Ps if anyone would like to see the pictures of the poop message me so you can see I am not making this up!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RedSoxDavid
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

RedSoxDavid, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I can assure you that your recent experience does not reflect the Sheraton standards of service and housekeeping that we hold our staff to. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment in your stay. After investigating with our Executive Housekeeper and speaking to our Night Manager, I can assure you it was not fecal matter on the shower curtain but gel hair dye. Regardless, that is not something that should have been missed by the housekeeping inspector. I apologize that there was no follow up after your checkout that evening as we were under the impression you were satisfied with the complete SPG point refund. If you would like to discuss your stay further, I encourage you to contact our Director of Guest Services, Elizabeth Straigis or myself at (330) 929-3000 or estraigis@sheratonakron.com.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights on business. Contrary to what other commenters on here have said, I had no issues with the Wifi. They must've fixed whatever problems they had on that front. But the TV service was AWFUL.

Out of 60 some odd channels, only 3 work. I kept trying to watch Showtime and after five seconds, the screen would go black and it would just say "no signal." Same for CNN, TNT, and ABC. Food in the restaurant (Beau's, I believe it's called) was really overpriced and just not good. Those are my chief complaints.

On the positive side: my suite was spacious & clean, the waterfall view in the restaurant was nice, and the staff was pleasant. I heeded advice on here about the loud trains and stayed on the city side to avoid noise. For the most part, it worked out... but the walls are thin and you can hear pretty much everything: cars outside, the live entertainment at Beau's downstairs booming through the entire hotel, and other guests talking at the top of their lungs in the lobby. Light sleepers may want to consider ear plugs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the city side! And bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Matt, let me thank you for your choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls on your recent visit. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us to continually improve our service and facilities. I would like to sincerely apologize any disappointment you had in your recent stay regarding the noise, restaurant, and cable. I am in discussion with our executive team regarding our cable provider as we wish to offer only the best quality in technology. We hope to have a future opportunity to serve you and thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is in a convenient, picturesque location. Located just south of the downtown waterfront district you have a choice of riverside restaurants to choose from. We had one of the two level suites. Bedroom up, sitting room down. Outside balcony with great views of the water flowing over rapids really makes these rooms nice. Only drawback was that there was no bathroom on the lower level. Only one bath for the entire 1,000 sq/ft suite.

The hotel has a nice lounge. We ordered food at the bar that comes from the kitchen of the adjoining restaurant. Top notch cuisine.

I would definitely stay at this property again. One plus with the low level rooms is that you hear less train and traffic noise. The rooms are a good 30 feet below street level.

One caveat, beware the room taxes. Taxes are around $50 per day on the rooms.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book the two tiered suites. You are well below traffic levels, less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

americal7071, thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the view, your two level suite and our restaurant. I do understand your concerns with the room taxes but unfortunately, those are set by local and state government and are currently at a 15.25% rate. I am delighted that you plan on visiting us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Their WiFI is so slow that it is not useable. Train noisy on River Side at night, but prettier. The hotel resteraunt is nice, but a bit pricey. The hotel is clean and pretty. Parking is ok. Cost is average.

Room Tip: Free Wifi, but might as well not have it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robrmi
Jeffrey L, Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Robrmi, thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit here on Tripadvisor. I apologize for any disappointment you had in your stay in regards to our WiFi or train noise. We are currently taking measures to increase WiFi speed and strength and I can assure you we have been working with the Federal Government to try to make our area a quiet zone for trains. Thank you for choosing Sheraton and again for taking the time to share your concerns. We hope to have a future opportunity to serve you and to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Northeast Ohio again.