“Don't plan to get much sleep here”

Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Canton, Ohio
“Don't plan to get much sleep here”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a very nice, though VERY dated, two level suite. It was clean and comfy (though the windows were filthy). But trains started coming through town with their horns blaring around 2 to 3 am and seemed to keep coming all night long. The train tracks are east of the hotel, on the other side of Route 8. We were there on a Saturday night. I heard the last one come through around 5 am. It was the worst!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Joni, thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls on your recent visit to the area. Our property recently came under new management, and one of our most important projects involves working with the Federal government to make this area a quiet zone which will prevent the train from sounding its horn in our area. Unfortunately, this process can take several years to complete. Until that time, please accept my sincere apologies for any disturbance the noise may have caused you. I hope that on your next visit to NE Ohio we have the opportunity to serve you again and perhaps place you in a quieter area of the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I tend not to be a huge fan on Sheraton Suites. I find them to be a bit inconsistent and the small bedrooms in some of them seem cramped. This one, however was very nice and spacious. The room and bathroom were clean and the hotel common areas were well put together. The club room was spacious and the staff was very nice and engaging. In short, this is a great mid priced business hotel and exactly what I was looking for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Aaron, I am delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our 24-hour Club Lounge. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls the next time you make the trip down to NE Ohio!
Madison
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Upon check in given a multi level suite. Very impressive. Lower floor. You walk in, main level has bedroom - jacuzzi tub, big bathroom, view of river. Bed comfortable, bathroom nice, workspace good. All very nice.

However; going downstairs to the family room, kitchenette, it smelled terrible. The furniture was old, and beat up. Dirty counters, walls, cabinets, pictures, carpet, etc., etc. Things looked really worn. If that lower level were remodeled, and new furniture, and better smell...this could be 5 stars.

I appreciated the upgrade, but the lower space was unusable because of smell, and simply beat up condition.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
ClickTheGeek, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities. We currently have a renovation schedule in place and the living area of our suites is in line to be fully remodeled. We do try to provide the best environment and to be the first choice in hospitality in the area. I apologize for any disappointment that you had in your visit and welcome you to contact our Director of Guest Services, Elizabeth, upon your next trip to the area and we will be happy to personally oversee your next reservation.
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We book this hotel on line after recommended by a family member. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they give such a great rate to military/government employees - $119 a night! As I was driving there, I decided to call and see if they would give us an upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite and they were happy to at NO EXTRA CHARGE! I was very impressed! Our room number was 409 and upon arrival, I was really impressed with the view and the room! It was spectacular! The Jacuzzi tub was HUGE, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the living space was gorgeous! The things that I was most displeased with was the overpriced extras! Movies were $18 a piece, room service started at $20 and on up for the most basic of items. The thing that bothered us the most was breakfast. We were told by the front desk person, Simon, that breakfast was $11.99 per person. It was not! Including tip, breakfast cost us $50. I about died! From what my family tells us, the breakfast was also scaled down and they said they will never return. They were also displeased! We had to call 4 times to get room service. That was irritating! Another thing that was irritating was that the fridge in the room did not have a freezer. I have a bad knee and carry a gel wrap that needs to be in the freezer in order to be used. My knee flaired while there and I had no way to ice it! Upon check out, we are so happy that we didn't go "paperless" as they tried to charge us for an unwatched movie and we are still waiting for the incidentals charge to drop off of $50. Overall, beautiful hotel, BAD management!

Room Tip: Watch your bill for extra charges and go out of the hotel for breakfast. Do not order room service...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cowpens, South Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this room at the last minute July 2nd for the 4th of July weekend. I booked using a internet site. This site did not ask how many people just how many rooms. After booking and confirmation I called the reservations 800 number and explained that we would have 3 adults 1 room. Although we has a deep discount when we arrived the hotel provided us with a suite. We all had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to a wedding at the good year estate, and this was a close hotel. Nice big room, pull out couch for the kids, and bonus.. 2 tvs. Did not try the Resturant but had a fine meal at the office... A bistro across the street. I would stay there again

• Stayed July 2013
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Cathleen, thank you for taking the time to write such a kind a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming your family the next time your travels bring you back to the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past several years. It is a decent hotel, although the rooms are a little dated/lived-in. I like the room sizes, and the ability to separate the bedroom from the living area. There is a mini falls/river running behind the hotel. That makes a good white noise when you are sleeping.

The restaurant in the hotel is decent, and the area surrounding is nice. The one big annoyance is the train that runs behind the hotel. It runs all through the night and blows its horn every time it crosses the road behind the hotel. If you can, choose a room facing the parking lot. You will not hear the train as loud as the other side. I think they need better windows on the falls/train side.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the parking lot. You will not hear the train as loud as the other side.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Monkean, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here on tripadvisor. Our property recently came under new management, and one of our highest priority projects involves working with the Federal government to make this area a quiet zone, which will prevent the train from blowing its whistle in our area. Unfortunately, however, this process can take several years. Until that time, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences the train may have caused you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!