“WATCH YOUR BILL LIKE A HAWK”

Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Beaufort, South Carolina
“WATCH YOUR BILL LIKE A HAWK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We book this hotel on line after recommended by a family member. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they give such a great rate to military/government employees - $119 a night! As I was driving there, I decided to call and see if they would give us an upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite and they were happy to at NO EXTRA CHARGE! I was very impressed! Our room number was 409 and upon arrival, I was really impressed with the view and the room! It was spectacular! The Jacuzzi tub was HUGE, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the living space was gorgeous! The things that I was most displeased with was the overpriced extras! Movies were $18 a piece, room service started at $20 and on up for the most basic of items. The thing that bothered us the most was breakfast. We were told by the front desk person, Simon, that breakfast was $11.99 per person. It was not! Including tip, breakfast cost us $50. I about died! From what my family tells us, the breakfast was also scaled down and they said they will never return. They were also displeased! We had to call 4 times to get room service. That was irritating! Another thing that was irritating was that the fridge in the room did not have a freezer. I have a bad knee and carry a gel wrap that needs to be in the freezer in order to be used. My knee flaired while there and I had no way to ice it! Upon check out, we are so happy that we didn't go "paperless" as they tried to charge us for an unwatched movie and we are still waiting for the incidentals charge to drop off of $50. Overall, beautiful hotel, BAD management!

Room Tip: Watch your bill for extra charges and go out of the hotel for breakfast. Do not order room service...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
Cowpens, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this room at the last minute July 2nd for the 4th of July weekend. I booked using a internet site. This site did not ask how many people just how many rooms. After booking and confirmation I called the reservations 800 number and explained that we would have 3 adults 1 room. Although we has a deep discount when we arrived the hotel provided us with a suite. We all had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to a wedding at the good year estate, and this was a close hotel. Nice big room, pull out couch for the kids, and bonus.. 2 tvs. Did not try the Resturant but had a fine meal at the office... A bistro across the street. I would stay there again

• Stayed July 2013
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Cathleen, thank you for taking the time to write such a kind a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming your family the next time your travels bring you back to the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past several years. It is a decent hotel, although the rooms are a little dated/lived-in. I like the room sizes, and the ability to separate the bedroom from the living area. There is a mini falls/river running behind the hotel. That makes a good white noise when you are sleeping.

The restaurant in the hotel is decent, and the area surrounding is nice. The one big annoyance is the train that runs behind the hotel. It runs all through the night and blows its horn every time it crosses the road behind the hotel. If you can, choose a room facing the parking lot. You will not hear the train as loud as the other side. I think they need better windows on the falls/train side.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the parking lot. You will not hear the train as loud as the other side.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Monkean, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here on tripadvisor. Our property recently came under new management, and one of our highest priority projects involves working with the Federal government to make this area a quiet zone, which will prevent the train from blowing its whistle in our area. Unfortunately, however, this process can take several years. Until that time, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences the train may have caused you.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I live in Cuyahoga Falls and travel quite often to other cities. I cannot offer a review on the hotel itself other than the restaurant inside. We go out for breakfast almost every weekend and thought we would try the hotel because of the river views. Big mistake. We were greeted upon arrival and sat a table. It looked nice until we sat down and they left us only one menu to share. Then, upon looking around the table I had noticed that every coffee cup on the table was dirty. The waitress apologized and went to another table to get us another. When she brought them over, they too were dirty. Upon more inspection (due to what I had already seen) the water goblets were also dirty (lip stick stain on two, and food stuck on the other two). The waitress returned with two more coffee cups (dirty on the outside) with them already filled with coffee. I didn't want to make a scene, so I continued. We ordered the breakfast buffet. The girl making the omelettes was nice. They used fake egg product sitting out on the counter and not covered. The potato's were cold, the sausage was a cheap imitation of the real stuff. The pastries were dry. The options here for a buffet were VERY limited and terrible. If you want to experience a GOOD breakfast then you need to go to some of the stable, local favorites in the area. Village Garden's-on State Rd., The Valley Cafe-In the valley, Michael's (in the Valley), Blue Door Cafe (State Rd.), and Fisher's Cafe-(in Penisula on 303) are great choices. We walked away feeling ripped off!!! We paid $31 and some change for two person buffet and two coffees ($5). Needless to say, they got a $2 tip. The hotel looks nice, but I am embarrassed for this restaurant inside to say they are in my hometown. Absolutely terrible!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
David, please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment with your recent visit. Our goal is to have each guest leave us with an eagerness to return. We regret this was not fully achieved during your visit. We highly value our customer’s feedback and are so glad you took this opportunity to tell us in which areas we need improvement. We do have a very new staff, please be assured additional training is being implemented for both the service and kitchen teams. I have shared your thoughts and concerns with our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager so that we may prevent future instances of disappointment. David, although we cannot change the previous experience, we hope that you will give our restaurant another opportunity to regain your confidence.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here on our vacation and loved it! We got a King bed with double sofa - I would highly recommend this for a small family. The king bed with large tv is in one room with a separate room for the pull-out sofa bed with there own large tv! There are doors that close between them creating two separate rooms - great for the kids and parents! Both rooms open into a large bathroom.

Make sure to ask for the "river view" rooms. The waterfalls behind the hotel are just gorgeous!! We had the hotel breakfast overlooking the falls! The food was great! Make sure you go down the rock elevator to see the falls and take pictures! Or, go out the patio from the pool to get a beautiful view of the falls!

The only negative is that there are trains that run near the hotel and I heard several that night.

Room Tip: You want a river view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SuperPlanner, thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that your family enjoyed our two room suites as well as our river front views! I apologize for any disruption the trains caused during the evening. Our property recently came under new management, and one of our highest priority projects involves working with the federal government to make this area a quiet zone, which will prevent the train from blowing its whistle in our area. SuperPlanner, we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back when your travels bring you to the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel met all the Sheraton standards. Good sized room with wireless, efficient front desk staff, restaurant on site with solid fare. Had a good night's sleep & uneventful stay. I was surprised at the lack of activity in Cuyahoga Falls. No one was out on a lovely evening. Not the fault of the Sheraton but wonder where everyone was!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Bart, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel here on tripadvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary wireless internet, efficient staff and restaurant. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuyahoga Falls
Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!